Will shaving my head with guard 3 damage the miniaturising hair?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I'm going to shave my head with guard 3. I'm wondering if it can damage the miniaturising
Hair?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
no

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
no, but in my opinion shaving with a razor should be avoided. its ok to do once and then let it grow back, but repeatedly shaving with a razor everyday leads to hairs not being able to penetrate the skin. i did it and lost alot of ground, however you could argue that i was already losing ground and thats why i was shaving.

i dont know really, but i think its just wise to avoid it. blade 3 should be fine though. (you will probably find though, that as u bald further youll increasingly want to shave closer.) my advise is when blade 3 looks no good, grow it back for a while before you eventuallty give up on it. once you give up on it, it doesnt really matter if u shave with a razor.

just my opinions though. personally i bought a wahl clipper 15 years ago, and got 5,7,8,10,12 blades, and shave myself a short haircut that for the moment conceals the temples well, without having a daggy combover. 12 over the top, 7 around the sides, then trim fringe with sisscors. cheap, easy, and between a exposing shaved look, and a bad combover.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no, but in my opinion shaving with a razor should be avoided. its ok to do once and then let it grow back, but repeatedly shaving with a razor everyday leads to hairs not being able to penetrate the skin. i did it and lost alot of ground, however you could argue that i was already losing ground and thats why i was shaving.

i dont know really, but i think its just wise to avoid it. blade 3 should be fine though. (you will probably find though, that as u bald further youll increasingly want to shave closer.) my advise is when blade 3 looks no good, grow it back for a while before you eventuallty give up on it. once you give up on it, it doesnt really matter if u shave with a razor.

just my opinions though. personally i bought a wahl clipper 15 years ago, and got 5,7,8,10,12 blades, and shave myself a short haircut that for the moment conceals the temples well, without having a daggy combover. 12 over the top, 7 around the sides, then trim fringe with sisscors. cheap, easy, and between a exposing shaved look, and a bad combover.

I shaved my head with a blade a few months ago. Last week, I went for consultation at a hair transplant clinic.

The assistant there told me that I should not have used blade to shave my head as the miniaturizing hair do not grow back after a close shave!

My scalp is heavily inflamed these days and the treatments that I've started are taking the sh*t out of my hair.

I just want to buzz my head to guard 3 this time and I'm worried if it too will damage the miniaturizing hair!

Were you on finasteride or minoxidil when you used to shave your head?