Will Rogaine miniature hairs turn into "real" hair?

RTB

Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine for the past 3 months and have noticed growth of miniature hairs along both sides of my hairline. Can I expect these hairs to grow into full thick hairs or is this all i'm gonna get? Thanks.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Are they white, or your hair color?

Ive been using MIN for a while and the hairs I get start out little and white and eventually (few months) fall out and regrow my hair color but don't get longer. Eventually (few months again) those fall out and grow back thicker and grow like a normal hair (it seems).

The process is a bit quicker and more reliable now that I've begun finasteride.

RTB

Reaction score
The hairs are my hair color but they are just very thin and miniaturized. Surely more people here have used Rogaine and have experienced this?

Nene

Reaction score
i'm having that trouble, i'm using copper pepptides in the hopes that'll it'll turn the vellus hair into terminal hair. Some people use miconozale nitrate but I'm not sure how safe it is

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
If it does, it will first fall out then grow back thicker. i.e. reversal of miniturization.

but how do u know this is regrowth and not miniturization. It can be hard to tell the difference. I know ive made this mistake b4.

sad fact is, even if it falls out and regrows thicker, minoxidil induced hair probably will never get as thick as terminal natural hair.

RTB

Reaction score
anxious1 said:
If it does, it will first fall out then grow back thicker. i.e. reversal of miniturization.

but how do u know this is regrowth and not miniturization. It can be hard to tell the difference. I know ive made this mistake b4.

sad fact is, even if it falls out and regrows thicker, minoxidil induced hair probably will never get as thick as terminal natural hair.

I know it's regrowth because the hairs weren't there before...

TheLastHairbender

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been having good regrowth and never went through the visible vellus hair stage, nor did I have a minoxidil shed. I started finasteride and minoxidil at the same time three months ago, so whether this means my regrowth is all finasteride and no minoxidil is anyone's guess. In the places that I've seen regrowth it has gone straight to terminal hair - and I definitely have new hair on the crown where there was absolutely nothing before so it can't be pure reversal of miniaturization.

Before starting treatment my hairline was dotted with miniaturized vellus-looking hair, but now at the first signs of improvement three months in, there are no miniaturized vellus-looking hairs to be found. It's all decently thick terminal-ish hairs, and a few new ones are individually identifiable creeping about 1/8" down from the hairline - it looks like a few soldiers standing out a step out front of formation. They aren't terminal length yet, but are terminal thickness and color, and strangely seem curly although the rest of my hair is straight and fine. I would go so far as to say those hairs appear even thicker and darker than any hair I've ever had.

It's confusing, but take that for what it's worth as one guy's experience.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on the big 3 (rogain foam/finasteride/nizoral) and after 3 years I swapped to liquid rogain (kirkland) and within 3 months saw more improvement with liquid then I saw with the foam.

The hairs are slightly thicker/longer but there still not quite normal hairs....

Really regret not trying liquid few years ago, but im gonna give liquid another 6-12 months and see if I can get back some growth that I lost over the last 3-4 years !

Considering the big 3 didnt maintain anything and liquid minoxidil did more in 3 months then in 3 years for me hopefully get some results and if ive not seen any may just ditch the lot and keep nizoral shampoo since at least it makes my hairs thicker (tempory) !

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
Strangely i have had great results at the front but the crown area is lagging behind.
Same with me.. Front seems to continue to improve month by month, but I don't see much change at the top. Completely opposite what minoxidil package says...
Well, still hoping finasteride to improve the situation...

minoxidilbiotin

Reaction score
Minoxidil & Biotin

Same with me.. Front seems to continue to improve month by month, but I don't see much change at the top. Completely opposite what minoxidil package says...
Well, still hoping finasteride to improve the situation...

I have the typical male pattern baldness (U-shaped). If I remember correctly it started receding from the forehead but I sort of just accepted the fact. Four years later I decided I want hair back. My goal is to have just enough hair to fashion the Gavin Rossdale piggytail-comback- style.

I used minoxidil 5% on and off for well over a year. I stopped for a while because the baby hair that minoxidil did manage to bring back never grew back to normal looking hair. For over a year all I saw was for Vellus Hair. Then I started using a product called Nuhair (has zinc, saw palmetto) and saw those baby hair become a little longer but I had to stop Nuhair because the testicular pain was a bit uncomfortable. That was when I learned about DHT blocker and thought about a substituate, but the Purador shampoo that I ordered from Amazon took forever to come (it was during Christmas time).

Biotin and fish oil came on time so I started taking them along with Minoxidil. I also drink 4 cups of green tea a day. I've seen a lot of regrowth in the past month. I can see the baby hair on my forehead maturing. Bald areas starting to darken as well. I prefer treatment to be as natural as possible. There's something about hormonal changes that scares me.

Based on my experience, I believe Minoxidil stimulates hair growth and will only grow baby hair for those who are late users (I was in mid-stage of hair loss before I started treatment). Then you need to provide the baby hair with sufficient nutrients for it to grow - which biotin provides.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
so biotin and fish oil is the secret?

I have the typical male pattern baldness (U-shaped). If I remember correctly it started receding from the forehead but I sort of just accepted the fact. Four years later I decided I want hair back. My goal is to have just enough hair to fashion the Gavin Rossdale piggytail-comback- style.

I used minoxidil 5% on and off for well over a year. I stopped for a while because the baby hair that minoxidil did manage to bring back never grew back to normal looking hair. For over a year all I saw was for Vellus Hair. Then I started using a product called Nuhair (has zinc, saw palmetto) and saw those baby hair become a little longer but I had to stop Nuhair because the testicular pain was a bit uncomfortable. That was when I learned about DHT blocker and thought about a substituate, but the Purador shampoo that I ordered from Amazon took forever to come (it was during Christmas time).

Biotin and fish oil came on time so I started taking them along with Minoxidil. I also drink 4 cups of green tea a day. I've seen a lot of regrowth in the past month. I can see the baby hair on my forehead maturing. Bald areas starting to darken as well. I prefer treatment to be as natural as possible. There's something about hormonal changes that scares me.

Based on my experience, I believe Minoxidil stimulates hair growth and will only grow baby hair for those who are late users (I was in mid-stage of hair loss before I started treatment). Then you need to provide the baby hair with sufficient nutrients for it to grow - which biotin provides.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to be jacking this thread... but I have an allied question.

I've regrown very thin hair on my hairline in ONE YEAR with minoxidil 5%.

Can using finasteride now thicken them up?

Srobbo86

Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for around a month now and basically it has ruined my hairline and made it thin massively. However what I am seeing is tiny new hairs on my hairline which I haven't seen for a while (I've been receding for a year or so) is this normal??

cefegro

Reaction score
Keep going, in my experience I got thick hair and moderate grown of new hair. consistensy pal!

I've been using Rogaine for the past 3 months and have noticed growth of miniature hairs along both sides of my hairline. Can I expect these hairs to grow into full thick hairs or is this all i'm gonna get? Thanks.

slodok

Reaction score
2 and 1/2 months on Revivogen and 2 months on minoxidil 5 % produce huge amount of vellus hair on previously bold areas in front and on front hairline where terminal hair start. sk.jpg I hope that some of these will grow in time...

Last edited:

Ratul

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys will minoxidil 5 % work for me... have been using it for last 1 month.....will i be able to regrow my hairline....i am only 21 yrs old..i have started noticing many small hairs growing under my hairline

Attachments

• IMG_20171011_131931.jpg
    IMG_20171011_131931.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,138