Will public attitudes towards baldness change relatively soon?

resu

Reaction score
Other guys have nobody thats bald in their family and they STILL get fvcked by this disease. It can skip MANY generations.

Yes it's the gene lottery, it can go back many generations, a friend of mine has blue eyes and both parents have brown eyes. In my family the good features don't get passed to the next generation, only the bad.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's the gene lottery, it can go back many generations, a friend of mine has blue eyes and both parents have brown eyes. In my family the good features don't get passed to the next generation, only the bad.

My brother said "at least you had good teeth, I needed braces"..... oh you needed braces! OMFG HOW AWFUL......

I told him he could personally bash EVERY one of my teeth out with a steel toe boot if I could have his hair. I would take dentures over a toupe any day. At least Dentures you could come up with some cool dare devil story... not much you can say about balding except you have inferior awful genetics.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother said "at least you had good teeth, I needed braces"..... oh you needed braces! OMFG HOW AWFUL......

I told him he could personally bash EVERY one of my teeth out with a steel toe boot if I could have his hair. I would take dentures over a toupe any day. At least Dentures you could come up with some cool dare devil story... not much you can say about balding except you have inferior awful genetics.

LOL @ 'at least you have good teeth'. Bahaha. What a fvcking stupid comparison. Teeth are an easy fix. Getting fvcked with hair loss is GAME OVER. There's nothing to save you... it's almost as if people WANT you to be balding and STAY balding just to stay at the top of the totem pole. Fvcking scumbags.

Reaction score

for every case of base luck there's cases of good luck.

i've known guys with every member of their family balding and they have thick, sumptuous hairlines, still at 35+

i'm lucky in a sense, the only thing i got 'wrong' was my hairline, the rest of my DNA seems good. i thank god for that everyday (figuratively, i'm atheist).

i saw this guy today who had everything wrong with him, he was skinny,short,pale, weak, and yes balding... it can be better and it can be worse, i think most of us are in the middle, a few flaws but nothing serious.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
for every case of base luck there's cases of good luck.

i've known guys with every member of their family balding and they have thick, sumptuous hairlines, still at 35+

i'm lucky in a sense, the only thing i got 'wrong' was my hairline, the rest of my DNA seems good. i thank god for that everyday (figuratively, i'm atheist).

i saw this guy today who had everything wrong with him, he was skinny,short,pale, weak, and yes balding... it can be better and it can be worse, i think most of us are in the middle, a few flaws but nothing serious.

everything you describe aside balding can be fixed.
He can work out, tan, and eat to fix the other things. The only thing I compare are those that cant be fixed.
I have tried finasteride but had horrible sides. I am now trying topical finasteride in a very sparse application cause I am still super afraid.
I use minoxidil with no real benfit
I have tried an FUE. I had an awful reaction in my donor and recipient area due to my immune system (assumed and doctor speculated). Its been almost 3 months and all the new hair plus old has shed. I look horrendous and see NO regrowth yet.

In the end hair loss for some cant be fixed.
I tried shaving my head but it looks awful on me. Women DO NOT like guys with a shaved head unless they are tell. I am 5-10 to 5-9 (somehow I seem to have shrunk like 2 inches in the past few years).

I am getting more depressed lately by the hour.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
everything you describe aside balding can be fixed.
He can work out, tan, and eat to fix the other things. The only thing I compare are those that cant be fixed.
I have tried finasteride but had horrible sides. I am now trying topical finasteride in a very sparse application cause I am still super afraid.
I use minoxidil with no real benfit
I have tried an FUE. I had an awful reaction in my donor and recipient area due to my immune system (assumed and doctor speculated). Its been almost 3 months and all the new hair plus old has shed. I look horrendous and see NO regrowth yet.

In the end hair loss for some cant be fixed.
I tried shaving my head but it looks awful on me. Women DO NOT like guys with a shaved head unless they are tell. I am 5-10 to 5-9 (somehow I seem to have shrunk like 2 inches in the past few years).

I am getting more depressed lately by the hour.
Welcome to the wonderful world of going bald. Your transformation into a depressed bald man is almost complete. Now you can understand our pain.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
It's the same with an overweight person; people are taught to accept obesity, but that doesn't mean that obesity will ever become an attractive trait.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's the same with an overweight person; people are taught to accept obesity, but that doesn't mean that obesity will ever become an attractive trait.
Yes, lately we have been conditioned to not talk about people's weight (particularly women) but the same courtesy has not been extended to bald men. Someone makes a comment about a womans weight and he is an unforgivable monster but if someone teases someone for being bald then nobody bats a fuc king eyelash.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Here's a solution, stop looking at ****ing celebrities. They couldn't be more irrelevant. Just step away from the TMZ.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
****ing bull****. It's worldwide. And it will only get worse due finasteride and minoxidil being more mainstream plus hair transplants + people that go the wig route. Look at all the celebrities appearing with hair out of nowhere.

Maybe true but I have spent alot of time in Mexico and the US only so my view might be skewed. All's I know is in the US, you are conditioned since birth to reach a certain level of looks. Also, good is never good enough here.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe true but I have spent alot of time in Mexico and the US only so my view might be skewed. All's I know is in the US, you are conditioned since birth to reach a certain level of looks. Also, good is never good enough here.

I agree but there are PLENTY of people in the US who could care less. We are the fattest and most unfit nation in the world today.
I always say I wish I could have that attitude. I never know what started my complete obsession with wanting to look good. I think it was really at a young age when I realized how easy it is to get what you want when you are. I usually had to put very little effort into things aside smiling and shaking a hand. When I would sound halfway intelligent it was like the 2 part trifecta.
I still see my brother and sister able to do it. My sis is 40 and though a bit heavier STILL looks younger than me. You would think I was the oldest of the 3. I literally have no advantage in anything anymore. I get why people just "give up" now. I have done nothing but work work work my whole life. I cant see myself putting even more effort in for little to no reward.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You make a great point Swingline. Here, you are treated better if you look good. That reinforces the need to keep at it. When I got my first IT job, I was actually told that's why I was picked! I couldn't believe it.

We are a fat nation but that doesn't seem to dilute the idea of what everyone should look like. Strange days.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I got my first IT job, I was actually told that's why I was picked! I couldn't believe it.

We are a fat nation but that doesn't seem to dilute the idea of what everyone should look like. Strange days.

Funny that's how I got my first it job where I am now. The boss (a lesbian... Like full on) thought I was a cutie

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it'll ever really change. We like making fun of others. Baldness is something that has been ridiculed since the antiquity. That's the reason why men have been trying to find a cure since then.

The only thing that could change is the amount of balding men as a percentage. If one day there is a proper cure, like you just need your hair cloned or an injection which has something that suppresses the balding gene/s and is cheap, then there won't be many bald men around. Hell, anyone left bald will be someone who's suffering from an actual disease. Then being bald will be related to something serious which no one would want to make fun of, like cancer patients who lose their hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I get why people just "give up" now.

Good, that is called empathy... being able to put yourself in others shoes. It comes from a change of perspective, opening of the eyes. Of course it's painful at first. Oh, who am I kidding it's still painful. But your growing internally, at an awful price of course. Can't wait to continue this conversation after you've past nw4.... your'e going to be one of the best insightful members here with posts filled with pain and truth, that is if you don't kill yourself first.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good, that is called empathy... being able to put yourself in others shoes. It comes from a change of perspective, opening of the eyes. Of course it's painful at first. Oh, who am I kidding it's still painful. But your growing internally, at an awful price of course. Can't wait to continue this conversation after you've past nw4.... your'e going to be one of the best insightful members here with posts filled with pain and truth, that is if you don't kill yourself first.

thats the dumbest **** ive ever heard.... I wish I had the balls to kill myself.

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how life will be if my FUE's go well, if I can go back on the other side of the mirror.

I've never experienced adult life with normal-looking hair. Girls already made fun of my see-through hair in highschool :(.

I hate how women are given the green light to make fun of a male genetic problem but it's not ok for us to make fun of a girl for being fat, which is most likely her own fault.

I hope the transplant goes well.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder how life will be if my FUE's go well, if I can go back on the other side of the mirror.

I've never experienced adult life with normal-looking hair. Girls already made fun of my see-through hair in highschool :(.
It would be amazing in a couple years from now you were posting pictures of yourself with a sick head of hair lmao
Like you think you could ever get to a nw2? would be you be willing to spend the money?

Who knows this is all could be easy stuff in a couple years....trying to be *posistive*

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck Fred
Im still going through stuff with my healing. My top seems to of healed well and im just waiting to see something. I keep catching little "vellus" hairs in the right light but cant tell if they are new or just old dying ones. My donor is still full of folliculitis and ingrowns in the back thought. pretty itchy and painful. not trying to scare you, just want to compare when you are set. Ive tried neosporin, nizoral, bacetracin and now tea tree oil. trying to find coocnut oil because i hear thats good for it.