will propecia stunt facial hair?

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
im 20 and am starting to bald, but i dont even have hair growing on all the normal parts of my face yet. i have heard reports of propecia causing people to loose their body/facial hair or something. Someone tell me if i've been misinformed please. Thank you lol

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
god damnit.. oh well, my face looks nice clean shaven anyway.. i just always wanted nice bushy sideburns :(.. damn my youth

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
im 21 its affected my beard but i have random spots on the cheeks and chin.... my sideburns are completely fine

Goingat20

Reaction score
Im 21, no way i can grow a beard or even side burns. But i like it this way anyway 8)

G

im 21 its affected my beard but i have random spots on the cheeks and chin.... my sideburns are completely fine

Did someone say my name?[/quote]

Hair.worth.it

Reaction score
I took finasteride for 2 and a half years straight. I was 18 when I began and 20 when I dropped. My facial hair was progressively filling in before the pills usage. However, while on the drug and currently (5 months after quit) my beard is still patchy in some areas.

Genetics is not the reason for this, since every man on my family (both grandpas) have (or had) "alpha" beards. Looking at pictures from my father's graduation, he had quite a furry face.

I'm not sure if my hormones are all messed up to a irreversible situation. If that's so, then I should find ways to increase testosterone (including its free form), keep DHT at healthy levels and (if that's possible) get a higher distribution of androgen receptors (found along the face).

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for nearly 2 years and I haven't noticed much of a difference. Granted I shave every day or every 2 days but I still have solid stubble when I let it go a bit. I would think genetics plays more of a factor in this than propecia but that's just speculation.

resu

Reaction score
I'm 29, never took finasteride, still don't have anything close to a full beard, more or less the same facial hair teens have.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Androgens cause facial hair its not genetics if you were born a woman you would probably not grow a beard so it comes down the major differences between men and women. What is that big difference? Hormones specifically androgens which if high in women they also grow facial hair. What hairs are susceptible to androgens maybe genetics determines that like how much hair could go terminal that has receptors to be affected by the androgens if they were present.