Will Propecia help regrow recent lost hairs ?

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
Recent lost hairs from last year and the year before ?

I basically went from norwood 1.5 to 3V with diffuse all over, within a year and a half. Is that even possible ?? My hairloss has progressed extremely rapidly.

Would I have a better chance of recovering the hairs that I lost within the last 2 years with propecia alone, considering DHT hasn't attacked the follicles long enough ??

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
oh, i decided to jump the gun and went on dutasteride, because i'm that paranoid and i want to regrow back as much as possible.
I don't think minoxidil is necesary, because the hairs that I've lost have been recent (between 1-1.5 years)

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
it's unlikely that youll regrow hair from 1-1.5 years ago.

good luck though

Wow that's a nice pep talk.

But it is probably true when it comes to only using a DHT inhibitor. Try adding minoxidil

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Drop the dutasteride, get on Propecia and add Minoxidil.

And don't listen to Jeffsss. He has no idea what he's talking about.

With Propecia and Minoxidil, you have a good chance of regrowing some of the hair lost.

Depends how well you respond to it. You may only grow back a quarter of what you lost, or you may grow it all back. You just don't know until you try.

But if your hair loss is recent (1-3 years), then the odds are definitely in your favor. No promises, but you may be a great responder.

Good luck.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:

The man is on one DHT inhibitor and he's trying to regrow hair from 1.5 years ago.

I tell him he probabaly wont and " I have no idea what i'm talking about"?

sorry if i'm blunt.. but damn man, be realistic.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Freestyle said:

The man is on one DHT inhibitor and he's trying to regrow hair from 1.5 years ago.

I tell him he probabaly wont and " I have no idea what i'm talking about"?

sorry if i'm blunt.. but damn man, be realistic.

A hair follicle takes years to die off completely. Hair loss within the last 2-3 years has the potential to be regrown, depending on how well you respond...

Y'know what...forget it. It's in one ear and out the other with you.