Will Propecia Help Me? 23 Year Old With Rapid Hair Loss

Cs1408

My Regimen
Reaction score
a little back story.

I'm 23 and I think I am experiencing very rapid hair loss. My hairline hasn't receded at all but the crown of my head has been thinning so quickly. I've probably lost about 20% thickness over the last 12 months alone. I'm worried it's going so fast that getting on medication might take me a while since I have no money and no medical insurance. I feel like at this rate it will all be gone in a year or so.

Cs1408

My Regimen
Reaction score
a little back story.

I'm 23 and I think I am experiencing very rapid hair loss. My hairline hasn't receded at all but the crown of my head has been thinning so quickly. I've probably lost about 20% thickness over the last 12 months alone. I'm worried it's going so fast that getting on medication might take me a while since I have no money and no medical insurance. I feel like at this rate it will all be gone in a year or so.

Photo:

Attachments

• IMG_5391.JPG
    IMG_5391.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 520

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have lost way more than 20%. As a fellow 23 y.o heavy diffuse thinner I understand your pain. You probably have 1/3 as much hair as you did as a teen. Get on propecia/finasteride ASAP if you want to put up a fight, otherwise you will be bald.

Don't attempt a natural regimen with such aggressive hair loss. Nature wants you to be bald. Also, we can't tell you how you will respond to treatment. Nobody knows if you will restore hair or just maintain or maybe you will still lose ground but slower. You will just have to try it out and see.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have lost way more than 20%. As a fellow 23 y.o heavy diffuse thinner I understand your pain. You probably have 1/3 as much hair as you did as a teen. Get on propecia/finasteride ASAP if you want to put up a fight, otherwise you will be bald.

Don't attempt a natural regimen with such aggressive hair loss. Nature wants you to be bald. Also, we can't tell you how you will respond to treatment. Nobody knows if you will restore hair or just maintain or maybe you will still lose ground but slower. You will just have to try it out and see.
He said 20% over the last 12 months.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mistake, I assumed his sudden hair loss took him from a full-head to his current situation and that's what he was referring to as his 20% loss.

Anyways, Cs1408, even if you are uninsured a visit to a dermatologist will cost you in the ballpark of $100-$200 and Rx can get your monthly pill cost down to under $30. It's easily worth the small investment to have a chance at keeping your hair. My condolences to you for being in financial hardships. I'm in a similar boat.

Starman421

My Regimen
Reaction score

“Nature wants you to be bald.” lol

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 too and my hair looks very similar to that (very little hairline recession, extreme diffuse thinning with almost the same density as OP), except I've been on antiandrogens for 3 years. Scared to think how much worse it'd be without treatments. You've lost way more than 20% as others have stated.

Give finasteride/minoxidil a try, even maintaining that will help if you decide to go for a transplant in a future

Last edited:

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia should thicken that up.

You should start with Propecia only and try it for 2 years, providing you don't have any side effects. You can add other products in later, but you may not require them.