Will My Hair Regrowth From Stopping Minoxidil

wangwang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I'm 29 years old, from Viet Nam. I tell you my hair story.

Firstly, all members of my family have no baldness gene. From my grandfather, my father to my young brother don't suffer from hair loss (my mother's side, also), even they have a lot a lot of hairs. I just had hair loss from 02 years ago. My hair gradually lost day by day, everyday just lost 4-5 strand, because I have a lot of hair on my head at that time, so I did not notice it. After that, i felt my scalp get oily, and look at the mirror, I saw the thin hair and bald spot on my head. I saw derm, and she gave me some vitamins and minoxidil 5%, apply twice daily. I have used it for 06 months and stop it cold turkey because I did not want be dependent on it forever. Finally, I had a nightmare (T_T). My hair fell massively. Now 4.5 months since I stop minoxidil. my hair get worse, but now hair loss is stable, everyday I comb, take a shower just fall 5-10 strands. I did research on Internet. And maybe found out some reasons I had a hairloss:

1) Masturbation

Yes, I did it when I was 12 and I did it more frequently 3-4 years ago (once daily, even 2-3 times daily). Some studies said that if I fap, i will release DHT into blood stream, it will attack my follicle and stimulate my sebum gland. This is the reason my scalp get oily, even I feel my hair get wet.

I found out some interesting evidence related to regrowth from no-fap from Chinese wed.

2) After stopping minoxidil

I'm not sure, because I see many different opinions related to discontinue minoxidil. But almost is that if I suddenly stop
minoxidil, I will experience acute telogen effluvium last for about 06 months. My hair will be at the resting phase, no re-growth. I also find the related post on Internet as the following link:

It has been 4,5 months since I stop minoxidil and 90 days since I was on no-fap. The improvement is not clear, although my scalp is less oily. I just see some tiny, very thin hair on my temple at the mirror. I ask my mother, my young brother to look at my scalp to see whether there is the hair regrowth on my scalp. They answered that they see a lot of tiny hair (maybe vellus hair) but spread unevenly on my scalp.

Do you know, I was very sad, disappointed. I cried, cried because other derm said that I will be bald, even though I argued with him that my family don't bring the gene of baldness.

So, who experiences the same situation, recover from discontinuing minoxidil, please give me a motivation for waiting

Last edited by a moderator:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just use the minoxidil if it works for you. I don't understand how people who are good responders can stop taking the stuff because they don't want to be dependent to it, but then complain when they start losing hair again...like srs wtf? Should be grateful if you respond well to minoxidil....and just take 2 minutes out of your day to apply it.

And nofap aint doing sh*t for your hair.

wangwang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Because as i mentioned above. i dont bring baldness gene. I think minoxidil just stimulate my hair at that time. I dont know it's side effect after quit.

Because, I fap when i was young, so that was the reason I had a lot of serious acne on my face and my face get oily. Now it attack my hair.

I just want my hair regrow the natural way. I am using onion and garlic juice to apply on my scalp. I hope this way will stimulate my follicle.