Will my friends notice once I start wearing?

stein21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I’m ready to take the plunge. I’ve reached a point with fibers where it’s just impossible to cover in a way that isn’t noticeable. I had a recent encounter where I thought my hair was looking alright, I was in a dimly lit room, and someone squinted and asked what was in my hair. That was a real wake up call for me.

My biggest concern right now is that I live a very social life and am around friends who see me regularly. I’m not asking if they will notice I am wearing a hair system but more so will they notice the stark difference between how my hair looked before the system vs after. How did you handle this when you first started wearing?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Its impossible to say really. Depends on how much hair you have (or appear to have), is the style of your hair easy to replicate with a system?, how big the system is, how observant your friends are etc etc.

I like many on here went from fibres to a system. I still looked like i had lots of hair, i had the style like the old Justin Bieber brushed down. So my piece was very small just at the hairline that gave me a curtain style (all the rage back then lol). I did get comments on the lines of...i see you finally got your hair cut.

Obviously if your going from very little hair to a full head of hair people will notice. Have you got a decent hairline? If so you could always place the piece behind it which should be a flawless way to start.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you could replicate that, hard to tell, but do you brush the hair from each side and then have in longer down the middle?

What you could do is use a small piece and actually brush what hair you have into it like you do now but without the need for fibres.

The bottom line is no-one knows how people will react, some might notice, some might not, some might say something, some won't. There are various ways to deal with that. Be honest being one, Or make up something like, I've been to a different hairdressers as I didnt like how they cut my hair, I've stopped using so much product in my hair...etc etc....

But you are at that stage that we all reached at some point, fed up of shaking all that crap all over our heads. If you have little hairline left then why not at least try a system, you may not need to shave anything at first and just see how it could look. I myself have not shaved and mix the piece with my existing bio hair to thicken it up.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can easily transition from that point. My hair was at a similar stage before I made the jump. I recommend getting a short cut (3 inches back, 2 front) and not exposing your hairline. Most likely, you’ll get compliments about how your hair looks a lot better without styling product.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to be stealthy about it you can always let it grow long to homeless levels and one day suddenly appear with perfect hair system and just say you finally went to the barber lol

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as we all wish to have smooth transition without anyone knowing, we also have to accept the fact that some will know, and I chose to tell my friends and family for two reasons:
1- It’s really obvious for my case ( my whole life is in buzzcut and suddenly have a full head hair)
2- I want people to comment if things are not right ( bad hairline, color mismatch, unflattering hairstyle, etc), you take away the ability for people to comment when you decide to make it a secret.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a photo of me from a few days ago (covering my face for privacy lol). I think it’s a style that’s easily replicated with a system but I do feel like it will look different enough where people will be like wait what happened. I’m a diffuse thinner and rely a lot on the hair on my sides to create this look. My hairline is basically non existent at this point.
View attachment 182121
Looks like u got a Birds nest on your head omg hahhahahahaha. Bro Buzz your hair down and move on.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depends. Impossible for us to answer at a distance, but there are certainly things you can do to reduce the chances.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like u got a Birds nest on your head omg hahhahahahaha. Bro Buzz your hair down and move on.
Why exactly are you on this forum? No one is forcing you to come to this forum or read the posts, yet you find it amusing to abuse people online?

There are people on here with genuine medical conditions such as alopecia and cancer survivors. Maybe you can go to your local cancer ward and see the affect hair loss from chemo has on people.

If you disagree with other's life choices then that's fine but to come to an online forum where people are discussing nothing more than improving their appearance and actively seek out to abuse people speaks volumes about you. I would have hoped you would have got bored by now but doesn't seem to the case.

There are enough problems in the world without you coming online to spread hate on a forum like this just makes the problem worse. This has ultimately zero impact on your life.

Therefore please just stay away from forums you disagree with instead of spreading toxicity. Ultimately what goes around comes around.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why exactly are you on this forum? No one is forcing you to come to this forum or read the posts.

There are people on here with genuine medical conditions such as alopecia and cancer survivors. Maybe you can go to your local cancer ward and see the affect hair loss from chemo has on people.

If you disagree with other's life choices then that's fine but to come to an online forum where people are discussing nothing more than improving their appearance and actively seek out to abuse people speaks volumes about you. I would have hoped you would have got bored by now but doesn't seem to the case.

There are enough problems in the world without you coming online to spread hate on a forum like this just makes the problem worse. This has ultimately zero impact on your life.

Therefore please just stay away from forums you disagree with instead of spreading toxicity.
Shut up im giving him advice His hair Will never attract any females it looks horrible a Buzz cut is His best option.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shut up im giving him advice His hair Will never attract any females it looks horrible a Buzz cut is His best option.
Your long history of abuse in this forum is well documented.

If you don't agree with people's choices then just stay away from here. Do you have nothing better to do then to seek out people online (some suffering from medical conditions) to abuse and ruin an otherwise good community?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you don't agree with people's choices then just stay away from here. Do you have nothing better to do then to seek out people online (some suffering from medical conditions) to abuse and ruin an otherwise good community?
I also help People, I have had it confirmed by many members on here. My Good advice for him is to face reality and realise how utterly ridiculous he looks with that comb over and hair fibers. He should save money for a hair transplant instead.

JagKännerMigSkärd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just take his posts with a grain of salt ffs if somebody is really bothered by losingbattle88 posts than I would say that THAT person has a bigger problem than him.

stein21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol yeah I’m not worried about what he says, I’ve seen his other posts so I know he’s a troll. I have no issues with my dating/sex life, I’m known as a serial dater among my friends lol. And money isn’t an issue for me either I just don’t think a hair transplant would work given my hair loss pattern.

I just know that I’ve reached the point that the fibers are no longer cutting it. They worked great for about 5 or 6 years but after my dad passed earlier this year and with stress from work my hair loss started to accelerate. So I know now is the time I have to take the plunge if I’m going to do it. If it doesn’t work, I’ll just shave it all off.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I’m ready to take the plunge. I’ve reached a point with fibers where it’s just impossible to cover in a way that isn’t noticeable. I had a recent encounter where I thought my hair was looking alright, I was in a dimly lit room, and someone squinted and asked what was in my hair. That was a real wake up call for me.

My biggest concern right now is that I live a very social life and am around friends who see me regularly. I’m not asking if they will notice I am wearing a hair system but more so will they notice the stark difference between how my hair looked before the system vs after. How did you handle this when you first started wearing?

You handle it quite boldly and with confidence. This is something you have every right to do so it's not really dependent on whether or not they like it. Those who are real friends will accept it immediately - those who view you as improved competition may not. But usually people don't notice us or judge us as much as we think they do. Many of us simply walked straight into work with our new hair and didn't gaf what people said or thought. I think you do well to take up that energy. This is your life and there is little time to waste. Just make sure the hair looks good.