Will Minoxidol still be effective after 3 years?

brevardo

Reaction score
Hi Friends- I have been on and off Minoxidol for the past 7 years. I started in 1998 and stayed on it for 2 1/2 years and it seemed to work but I went off it because I thought that I really didn't need it ( I got greedy ) and I thought that it was irritating my eyes. I then went thru a massive shed but stayed off of it for 1 year. I then decided to go back on it in 2002 and I have been on it ever since along with Propecia and Nizoral. I'm hoping that it won't lose it's effectiveness as many people say that it doesn't work at all after 3 years? I just don't see how this can be true?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's different for each person.

I'm curious as to how your hair regrew after you quit the minoxidil the first time?

Also, did it regrow to the extent the second time that it had the first?

Some people will go to 1x/day applications for maintenance as it is believed that after so much time you cannot recruit anymore hair for growth. If you are still exhibiting regrowth, as in new hair, then continue doing what you're doing!

brevardo

Reaction score
Yes. I was on it starting in 1998 when I first noticed that I was really starting to lose my hair excessively as I was having a hard time styling it my normal way. The Rogaine worked for two years although I hated applying it and buying it. I kind of at that point fooled myself into thinking that I didn't need it and decided to stop using it. After a week I started to shed and then after a month I shed quite a lot. I stayed off for almost 1 year and then decided to do it again after reading so many success stories here on this HairlossTalk forum. I figured this time with the help of Propecia and Nizoral that it would work much more effectively. I also started listening to ReGrow Now on the internet and the host gave me some good ideas as to using L-Lysine and other vitamins and working out and sweating out all of the bad toxins. I'm thinking because of this routine that I have been able to extend my Mixoxidol tolerence level and so far I've been very lucky.