Will i lose hair if i stop minoxidil and proscar for a month?

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on them for 2 years and have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for about 5 months

my doctor wants me to stop the meds to see if they are playing a roll and she wants me to stop for a month

if i do stop them for a month, will i lose alot of the hair i grew back ??? i grew lots back by the way.. so i am sorta scared to stop the treatments... but if i stop for a month and realize i that i am not dizzy due to the meds and jump back on them .. is that alright?

G

The reason why you don´t get an answer probably is that no one can give you one. It is unsure how you will react. Everybody is different when it comes to treatments. in your position I wouldn´t risk my hair if you actually grew a lot of your hair back. You also wrote that you are taking the meds for 2 years but are only feeling "dizzy" for about 5 months. So, it seems that your hair regimen is not the reason. It is up to you! Good Luck!

beaner

Reaction score
I would be more wary of stopping the minoxidil for a month. If you quit finasteride it takes a couple weeks for DHT to return to baseline levels so I don't think you will do that much damage, although this is just my opinion and everyone will respond differently. minoxidil, I'm not so sure about, but maybe you could just reduce your dosage to half for a month rather than quit.