Will I be able to regrowth my temples or they are gone for good? (pics)

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in short:
- 2 years on finasteride
- on and off with minoxidil foam for 2.5 years, right now I'm using it again (for a week already) after almost half a year (or more) without.
I'm using the foam once a day, with a full cap of it instead of twice a day with half a cap. I hope it's ok although I heard that minoxidil stays in your system for only 12 hours and not 24, so if that's right, I'm kinda not helping myself and should apply it twice a day.

24.5 years old.
Balding hard since I was 20-21 years old.

What do you think? any hope here for the temples to get "thicker" and "longer" or the short hair on the temples is going to stay short?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I know I need to get a haircut so it will be look better and the differences between the temples and the middle are going to be less visible, I'm gonna do it on Sunday.

I think I'll get a hair transplant in 2 years from now (because they recommend you to get a transplant only when you're over 25, I hope (and pray) that my hair will remain in the current state, so I'll add grafts only to my temples and be happy again lol.

oh and in which Norwood stage is my hair?

Thanks!

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So in short:
- 2 years on finasteride
- on and off with minoxidil foam for 2.5 years, right now I'm using it again (for a week already) after almost half a year (or more) without.
I'm using the foam once a day, with a full cap of it instead of twice a day with half a cap. I hope it's ok although I heard that minoxidil stays in your system for only 12 hours and not 24, so if that's right, I'm kinda not helping myself and should apply it twice a day.

24.5 years old.
Balding hard since I was 20-21 years old.

What do you think? any hope here for the temples to get "thicker" and "longer" or the short hair on the temples is going to stay short?

View attachment 150586View attachment 150587View attachment 150588View attachment 150589View attachment 150590

I know I need to get a haircut so it will be look better and the differences between the temples and the middle are going to be less visible, I'm gonna do it on Sunday.

I think I'll get a hair transplant in 2 years from now (because they recommend you to get a transplant only when you're over 25, I hope (and pray) that my hair will remain in the current state, so I'll add grafts only to my temples and be happy again lol.

oh and in which Norwood stage is my hair?

Thanks!
Awesome hair man, it looks healthy and dark. I wouldn’t say those smaller hairs in front are weird looking either. It reminds me of baby hairs and a juvenile hairline. Norwood 1 from the pictures and angles I’m seeing. I’m not entirely sure how to make those hairs grow more, maybe a microneedling regimen?

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome hair man, it looks healthy and dark. I wouldn’t say those smaller hairs in front are weird looking either. It reminds me of baby hairs and a juvenile hairline. Norwood 1 from the pictures and angles I’m seeing. I’m not entirely sure how to make those hairs grow more, maybe a microneedling regimen?

Thanks man, but you're too kind or it could be that my pics don't represent the reality.
The following pictures were taken 1.5 months ago and actually show my hairline when my hair is short:

1605113758870.png1605113833549.png1605113878818.png

as you can see, absolutely 0% temples

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, but you're too kind or it could be that my pics don't represent the reality.
The following pictures were taken 1.5 months ago and actually show my hairline when my hair is short:

View attachment 150628View attachment 150629View attachment 150630

as you can see, absolutely 0% temples
I see, there’s some thinning across the front and somewhat on the crown. Though the crown also looks normal right under the light light mike that IMO.

It’s receded in a way that makes it look nonreceded fortunately, especially when you have long hair to cover the thinning on the hairline. But the recession itself isn’t too bad, it almost looks like a widows peak.

So a few things, minoxidil stays in your body for 22 hrs I believe, at least in the tissue. So twice a day shouldn’t improve it too much IMO. Have you lost ground since you started finasteride or maintaining? If losing ground and you aren’t happy, you may need to try other treatment.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, there’s some thinning across the front and somewhat on the crown. Though the crown also looks normal right under the light light mike that IMO.

It’s receded in a way that makes it look nonreceded fortunately, especially when you have long hair to cover the thinning on the hairline. But the recession itself isn’t too bad, it almost looks like a widows peak.

So a few things, minoxidil stays in your body for 22 hrs I believe, at least in the tissue. So twice a day shouldn’t improve it too much IMO. Have you lost ground since you started finasteride or maintaining? If losing ground and you aren’t happy, you may need to try other treatment.
Hey thanks.
I think i'm losing ground but very very slowly.. I mean my hair maybe lost 5% of the temples in the past year instead of 10%-15% or even 20% if I wasn't using fina. Honestly, I stopped using minoxidil for 8 months (after using it for 8 months) because i'm stupid and lazy, and that's why my hair became even worse. When I use minoxidil, it improves , alot.

Really? 22 hours in my body? wow! I did not know that, are you sure? If so, why they wrote on the bottle to use it twice a day for a half cap?
As I said i'm using it once a day with a full cap, and also on the temples.

I'm kinda happy because as I said i'm balding since I was 20, and I started the treatment when I was 22.5, so i'm thankfull for that because I think I could make it to NW3-4 easily by now without the treatment.

Of course I would like to get my original hairline haha, but i'll be thankfull for keeping the current hair for the next decade if that's even possible.