Will Hair Transplant Technology Improve In The Next 10 Years?

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, at the moment I believe the best results you can expect with a transplant is 50% density. To me, that is pointless for me to do.

Is it likely that in say, 10 years normal or a lot more dense hair will be able to be achieved through a hair transplant?

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The next logical step is real donor multiplication. Thats what we are all expecting.

Any change related to a little improvement in scarring or fastest harvesting in donor area shouldnt be taken that seriously.

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The next logical step is real donor multiplication. Thats what we are all expecting.

Any change related to a little improvement in scarring or fastest harvesting in donor area shouldnt be taken that seriously.

Would real donor multiplication create normal density? Is this what Dr. Tsuji is working on?

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant technology is always improving, the question is whether it's improving fast enough for us to consider the progress to be impressive. In ten years, the fruits of Tsuji's research will have been well integrated into the hair loss community by any conservative measure if the current dates are to be believed. At that point, things such as FUE scars will be essentially defunct since nobody will be grafting any more than 30 hair follicles.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, at the moment I believe the best results you can expect with a transplant is 50% density. To me, that is pointless for me to do.

Is it likely that in say, 10 years normal or a lot more dense hair will be able to be achieved through a hair transplant?

best surgeons can achieve close to original density but they rarely do that because people who go for hair tranplant often have androgenetic alopecia. this is our our problem here(most of us), we have to manage our donor area because as we speak we don't have a drug that stop male pattern baldness in its track (lifetime) .we don't know what norwood we will be. that's why in fact surgeons transplant 50% density and advice "mature" hairline...
people who don't have androgenetic alopecia(yet?= flipcoin), insane donor area, particular patterns, high natural hairline, scar etc they can go for full nearly full density.
(this pic here for example shows 66grafts/cm². this is like full density.)
next step would be: hair multiplication, so surgeons can choose, simple grafts/doubles etc... to make transplants look more natural.
image.jpg