Will Finasteride prevent the face from developing?

Brutus

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost two months and one thing I'm worried about is that blocking dht will prevent me from growing a brow ridge, since I'm only 19 and don't look like an adult yet. Could systemic inhibition of DHT give a young person a permanent babyface?

I've read this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12466325

It says that human bone cells mostly have 5ar type 1. But there are reports of long term finasteride users who have a babyface look. Could finasteride feminize one's features?

finasteride also unecessarily inhibits 5ar type 3, so maybe this could pose a long term problem.

Any anecdotal reports of growing a heavier brow ridge while on finasteride?

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
Your "brow ridge" has probably nothing to do with DHT.

Not only that, but the skull is mostly done remodeling and fusing by 15-16. After that, the whole skull gets larger in proportion, if at all.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a d*ck but you are probably done growing in all honesty.

Puberty is finished largely by about 16-17. You continue to mature (well some do, some don't).

However by 19 you should have all he facial features you are going to have for life.

You probably do have a brow ridge, infact I bet my bottom dollar you do - all men without deformity do. It's just some men have more defined ridges than others - its the same with cheek bones and jaw.

You probably don't have a defined ridge. Don't worry though it happens, I have a weak jaw (gutted) but I have strong cheek bones.

We're human and we're not perfect.

g.i joey

Reaction score
the baby face look may be due to the fact that finasteride does mess with body hair/facial hair i have alot slower growth of my facial hair now on 2 months finasteride. I dont really believe it will mess with your facial bone structure due to 5ar1 not being impacted when you take finasteride. You really shouldnt worry about that and worry more on what the increased estrogen is doing to your body. The only feminizing effect finasteride could really have is your fat distribution and how you put on weight and how easy/hard it is to lose weight