Will 3 more weeks without finasteride damage me permanently?

Bowie

Reaction score
I'm a 23 year old guy with male pattern baldness. Familiar old story: never thought I was going bald as my grandfathers on both sides had great hair. Then realised my uncle on my mother's side is actually bald so must have got that gene.

Anyway.

I've had long hair for a year or so and didn't really notice it until I started finding hair everywhere in my house. Took a closer look at my hair and was shocked. Receding hairline and thinning on top (though not got through to the scalp there). I'd say I'm a NW2.5. I've had my male pattern baldness confirmed by a doctor and am waiting for a Finasteride prescription.

Now, my dilemma is that I am currently participating in a clinical trial (unrelated to hairloss) where I can't take any supplements or medicine. It's about 700 euro in remuneration and I badly need this as I'm currently unemployed. This ends in three weeks. However, as you can imagine, I am currently walking around in a state of panic. Every time I see hair in my food, in my bed or in the shower I can't focus on anything else. Just want to get on it NOW and save whatever there's left...

Do you think three more weeks could make me lose a considerable amount hair that I can't get back? Or is that nothing in the larger scheme of things? I'm thinking that maybe I am psychologically overexaggarating as it feels like I've lost half my hair in a matter of weeks. At the same time, it has actually gone fast lately...

What would you do? Wait three weeks and take the money or get on finasteride right away to save three weeks of hairloss?

I would get on Rogaine but I'm not sure I can afford that long-term and don't want to start and stop...

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can get rogaine (or minoxidil) fairly cheap from amazon. Search kirkland Minoxidil. $23 - $25 for a 6 month supply.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So if I read this correctly you are not on finasteride yet and want to hold off for 3 more weeks before you take it for a study?

Usually sooner the better, but 3 weeks isn't that long so I say go do the trial if you are in need of the money. Do what Norwood One said get some minoxidil it's dirt cheap in liquid form. If you are a good responder to both medications you can restore what you lost.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn I would do that to make $700
Then i'd buy a crap load of Seti, CBB, and minoxidil and just watch the hair grow

Bowie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Feels like a big commitment to get on Rogaine at this young age. But don't have much choice I suppose... I've been looking at the foam, liquid does seem cheaper.

T

tellersquill

Order everything in so the day you finish the trial you can start your treatment.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah man you should be good. You wouldn't see a lot of change in 3 weeks.