A bit of a let down really.

We already knew:
- dramatic increase in IED attacks
- possibility of Iran and/or Pakistan's ISI involvement
- increasing reliance on fighter drones to take out targets

We probably could have guessed:
- that black ops were taking out hits on key targets
- that civilian casualties were higher than were being reported

That the Taliban have acquired surface-to-air missiles is new to me, but I never underesimated their capabilities beforehand.

The real story is the story itself: that the Internet has faciliated a leak on this scale.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Carring about that is being hypocrite. mind your own life people.

HughJass

Reaction score
lol, ok Ori

yeah this isn't much of a suprise for anybody who read the last report McChrystal filed before being axed, just a more detailed look into how dysfunctional the whole country is.

Cassin

Reaction score
I'm conflicted on how I feel about this.

On one hand I want a more transparent government in all issues but on the other I am upset that this was released while there is still war. A war I want over ASAP which further conflicts my feelings.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

HughJass

Reaction score
Cassin said:
On one hand I want a more transparent government in all issues but on the other I am upset that this was released while there is still war.

I think it was a good idea to release the documents, it's really the only way we will ever get a more realistic picture of what is going on over there. The only voices we seem to hear from on this topic, at least in the mainstream media, are politicians, senior military people and establishment analysts who are making all sorts of optimistic statements and forecasts which seem to belong to the realm of fantasy when you start reading some of this stuff.

I noticed yesterday an article which had comments from a Pentagon employee who said none of this stuff compromised any of the mission which contradicted all the hysterical claims from politicians who were certain this would aid the enemy.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't care enough for this war and i just think our money could be spent on better things then killing a bunch of idiots in a desert for reasons that are beyond me
but what annoys me the most is that i always hear of british and allied deaths but i have not heard a single statistic on how many of THEM have been KIA

though this one made me laugh:
http://wardiary.wikileaks.org/afg/event ... n2332.html

anti Afghan forces were chased away by villagers :p

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
i don't care enough for this war and i just think our money could be spent on better things then killing a bunch of idiots in a desert for reasons that are beyond me

im totally with that, who the * cares? and if you care then try to do something other then waste time talking this over a HairLossTalk.com forum, do something, be productive not counteractive, take action otherwise sharing your thoughts on the subject is masturbation. (jeez, like people dont have enough problems in their own life they need others problem too :thumbdown2: )

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
yeah this isn't much of a suprise for anybody who read the last report McChrystal filed before being axed, just a more detailed look into how dysfunctional the whole country is.

Which country are you talking about? :)