Wikileaks UFO information!!!!

HughJass

Reaction score
[youtube:1o25adj1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RF87eEUXmM[/youtube:1o25adj1]

[youtube:1o25adj1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xb9JoGyy98[/youtube:1o25adj1]

GeminiX

Reaction score
There is a very simple method to tell if you've had an alien encounter or watched authentic video/photo of actual extra terrestrials.

You didn't!

Also, you can use an almost identical method for the existence of a god, "alternative" treatments, pyramid power, psychics and most conspiracy theories (to name just a few other bullshit things).
finfighter said:
Wikileaks claims to have top secret information from the US government reguarding alleged ongoing UFO encounters. This is interesting stuff, you can read about it in this article from the European Union Times- http://www.eutimes.net/2010/12/wikileak ... ern-ocean/
I was especially impressed by how that articles includes a "prediction" by Nostradamus to backup it's statements :)

HughJass

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
There is a very simple method to tell if you've had an alien encounter or watched authentic video/photo of actual extra terrestrials.

You didn't!

Also, you can use an almost identical method for the existence of a god, "alternative" treatments, pyramid power, psychics and most conspiracy theories (to name just a few other bullshit things).

While I don't think UFO videos are necessarily the best way to validate these alleged sightings given the digital effects capabilities that the average home user has available to them, I find it hard to entirely dismiss these claims purely because of the cynicism behind the critiques.

These stories are often rejected on the basis of the claimants apparently being attention seekers and/or gold diggers. Given that a LOT of these UFO sightings are coming from pilots, there are two conclusions you can arrive at: the people who spend most of their lives flying around in the sky actually saw something, or that there is something about airline pilots which makes them more prone to lying and attention seeking than the rest of us. Until somebody gives me a good reason to believe the latter I'll continue to approach the UFO thing with less certainty than I once might have had.

HughJass

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Do you have anymore good ones? I'm going to add some.

Not UFO sightings, but this doco is a good watch. It features mostly people who claimed to have been abducted and a prominent psychiatrist who documented their cases. Seeing this on TV what was made me think twice about UFO's

[youtube:3f217pui]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xTQ2-S1n-Q[/youtube:3f217pui]

GeminiX

Reaction score
Really guys?

Pilots are just people, the fact they can fly a plane does not make them particularly special. I can fly and land a plane too, even in the dark with just instruments now, but people think I'm a freak.

Come on, think it through.

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Do you think the various governments who have declasified their UFO files have falsified them?

I find that unlikely, why do you ask?

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
GeminiX said:
See the video that I posted, there's a lot of interesting videos and interviews in it, and they are mainly from official government records.

Promise me that it has hard fact and empirical evidence in favour of "little green men" and not just vague lights in the sky and inconclusive "sightings" and I'll watch it.

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
If you watch the entire video, you will see that the evidence is pretty persuasive, I promise. It's the second video that I posted in this thread...

Fair enough, I'll watch it a little later when I've finished the project work I'm doing.

HughJass

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Really guys?

Pilots are just people, the fact they can fly a plane does not make them particularly special. I can fly and land a plane too, even in the dark with just instruments now, but people think I'm a freak.

Come on, think it through.

I'm not sure I'm hearing you properly, are you saying there is something about pilots that makes them more suscepitible to telling tall stories?

GeminiX

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I dont understand- are you saying there is something about pilots that makes them more suscepitible to telling tall stories?

Not at all, just that often you see people make claims that because the person who saw something unusual is also a pilot then it *must* be true. Pilots are just people along with the rest of us, they can be mistaken or even make things up too, as can police, military, doctors and heck, even politicians.

HughJass

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
aussieavodart said:
I dont understand- are you saying there is something about pilots that makes them more suscepitible to telling tall stories?

Not at all, just that often you see people make claims that because the person who saw something unusual is also a pilot then it *must* be true.

OK, but the point I am trying to make is that it's not simply that someone is a pilot (or a doctor, or a scientist, or a lawyer) which makes their claims harder to dismiss out of hand, it's the fact that pilots appear disproportionately representative of UFO sightings. As far as I can see there are only two explanations for this-

1)if UFOs are real then it should be no surprise that people who spend their working lives in the sky are going to see more of them than other people would, just as someone who works out at sea will see more whales than the rest of us would

2)there is something about working in the airline business which makes humans lie more about UFOs than they would if they working in any other industry

see what I'm saying?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I do see what you're saying, and my first thought is that the people who make shows about UFO tales use anecdotes and stories from pilots to try to add more credibility to their TV show. I know that's what I would do if I was trying to sell a show to an audience.

edit: I'm going to leave this thread alone, I'm really not that into these kinds of things (or any other conspiracy theory). If we get some real evidence uncovered, or ET turns up at my door to make a phone call then maybe I'll change my views; until then I'll focus on things which actually impact on my life :)