wifes and girlfriends and toppik

G

did the wife or girlfriend of anyone of you ever said to you to stop using toppik or something like that for any reason?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife hasn't said to stop directly, but indirectly she has complained about the black stuff on the wall(and other things) in the bathroom.

Munky

Reaction score
"she has complained about the black stuff on the wall(and other things)" :lol: :lol:

It gets everywhere dosent it... :lol:

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
My fiancee has never told me directly to quit using concealer (used to be Toppik, now Prothik). However, she has made it clear that she's not crazy about it. She prefers my hair "as-is", which I did for some time until the thinning got to a point where I actually looked bald, as opposed to just thinning.

Her main complaints:

-can't run her hands through my hair
-discolors my hair (she loves my natural color)
-I'm always worrying about how it looks (which I do with or without concealer)
-I can't leave my hair out of a ponytail with concealer
-It looks dull and dusty at times

She wasn't crazy about me wearing a hairpiece at first, either, though she quickly came around. She likes that it's actually touchable hair again, as opposed to the stiffness of all the product I used to fix the Prothik. (for the record, I still use Prothik behind my partial, but it's appearance is minimized by the hair of the piece, given that I wear it in a ponytail and I don't use as much product, since I don't have to use Prothik right at the hairline anymore)

dj0range

Reaction score
I had one girlfriend for 1.5 years and another one for 6 months, neither one ever knew I was using toppik.
It was difficult to pull off but some tips:
  • don't ever spend the night at her place
    avoid whie pillows
    have black pillowcases
    keep your room dark
    use lots of hairspray / fiberhold spray

I also wasn't able to wash my hair everyday, when necessary I'd re-toppikfy.

G

If you use the spray, the thing doesn't get off your head.

Of course, that if she touches your hair, she will feel like the hair is very hard, because of the spray/gel. But that happens with all sprays and gels. :hairy: