Wi11iam's Story (22, min+spironolactone+nizoral /w pics, success so far!)

wi11iam

Reaction score
Finfighter: Thanks man :) Yea I'm very happy with my progress, never thought spironolactone would work like finasteride after my side effects... :dunno:

kthxbi: Thanks a lot mate. Your comments are inspirational! I agree that sticking to a regimen is the best option, had a shed lately but hair still looks good so im not panicking yet (plus could be exam stress related).

abovedagame: My first s5 container lasted me 10 weeks, since you only need to apply a thin layer it goes a long way. But a warning: after a month the menthol smell goes and it starts to smell quite a bit, especially if you leave the cap accidently off. So leave it airtight as much as possible.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wi11iam said:
Finfighter: Thanks man :) Yea I'm very happy with my progress, never thought spironolactone would work like finasteride after my side effects... :dunno:

kthxbi: Thanks a lot mate. Your comments are inspirational! I agree that sticking to a regimen is the best option, had a shed lately but hair still looks good so im not panicking yet (plus could be exam stress related).

abovedagame: My first s5 container lasted me 10 weeks, since you only need to apply a thin layer it goes a long way. But a warning: after a month the menthol smell goes and it starts to smell quite a bit, especially if you leave the cap accidently off. So leave it airtight as much as possible.

you mean kind of like a skunk smell?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Wi11iam's Story (22, min+spironolactone+nizoral /w pics)

irishpride86 said:
while on finasteride for 3 months did you notic eyour hair getting worse or diffusing more ?

I ask because yuu say your hair got even better after stopping finasteride,

Thanks

You realise he wasn't on finasteride in his before photos as well right..?

His hair didn't get before because he stopped/wasn't on finasteride, his hair got better because he was using three other proven treatments.

wi11iam

Reaction score
Yup the smell is quite pungent. But as i only apply it in a thin layer my hair doesnt smell bad...although my girlfriend has mentioned a couple of times that i smell like a hamster (shes a bit weird :p).

@ Tylerdurden: As you can see in my 3 month pictures after finasteride+min, the min has kicked in and my hair is much longer (couldnt grow it that length), but it wasnt till I started spironolactone that my crown filled in completely...I keep checking my head sometimes because I cant believe that I cant touch my scalp :woot:

brandnew said:
COngrats! keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks bud, will put up a 9 month progress or something...

distanthorizon

Reaction score
Looking great man!

I was wondering, did you find the products worked much on the hairline, as well as the crown?

My thinning is almost all at the temples, there isn't much thinning at the crown at the moment. Just wondering if they work there as well

Thanks!

clavamox

Reaction score
how you make use of the spironolactone and minoxidil night? how many hours separating the two?? puts the first minoxidil?

wi11iam

Reaction score
distanthorizon: Thanks :) Its worked wonders on both the temples and the crown...my hair was getting thinner and the hairline slowly going backwards with it, but now thats stopped and my hairline is back to where it was when i was 18.

clavamox: I put both on about 30 mins before bed, minoxidil first then let it dry a bit (brush teeth etc), and then apply spironolactone. Usually takes 5 minutes in total, but having a double mirror helps to see the top of the head.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried Dr. lees spironolactone by itself before I started rogaine foam. It didnt change much for me. Now I apply foam and use keto shampoo 2-3x a week and I have regrowth then it sheds after 2-3 months then comes back and I think its starting to shed again... I am thinking of trying the S5 spironolactone and dropping rogaine foam down to once daily. What do you think?

my hair truly isnt terrible and no one really notices any loss yet... my crown is thinning and my temples are thinning but my hair line is almost straight across. Waiting on CB at the moment but have some of dr. lees spironolactone left from october. wondering if I should bust that out or what.

wi11iam

Reaction score
brandnew: I think the once a day spironolactone/rogaine combo is a winner in terms of maintenance and thickening. Although I cant speak for rogaine foam personally, the s5 cream is very good and each pot goes a long way if used sparingly.

To be honest...im waiting for CB too (need the money first ha) so am sticking with s5 cream till i get it, would definitely recommend as its sooo much more effective than nizoral shampoo.

Good luck man, let me know how it goes!

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info.

I've been on the big 3 for a little over a year, and my diffuse thinning is getting worse and worse.

I'm gonna add spironolactone to my routine and see if it makes a difference. You said you ordered it from this website?

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks wi11iam... im waiting for things to workout in the next couple weeks for cb. if they dont then ill order s5. I actually have a little of doctor lees i may use at night. i wish i could lower my rogaine application to once daily... im scared though.

wi11iam

Reaction score
brandnew I know what you mean man, if a treatment is working for you then I wouldn't change it unless you really have to. s5 cream is good though, soothes the scalp aswell as the dht effects. And it makes the hair alot thicker too. Good luck bro, hold out a little longer till CB!

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
ive decided to use whats left of my dr. lees on my temples and crown once a day at night unless its a weekend night and im going out. just until i get cb... if cb doesnt work out then looks like ill order some s5. using this before cb shouldnt cause more shedding should it?

wi11iam

Reaction score
brandnew said:
ive decided to use whats left of my dr. lees on my temples and crown once a day at night unless its a weekend night and im going out. just until i get cb... if cb doesnt work out then looks like ill order some s5. using this before cb shouldnt cause more shedding should it?

No it shouldnt cause any more shedding, but s5 cream is much more effective imho than dr lees and its not pricey so i would buy a pot if i were you (lasts approx 2 months for me). trust me if anything CB will work, i wish i had the money to be on the CB a list but i gota wait till i start earning some dough...i hope you get yours soon.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
i feel like i should buy it while waiting for cb. it could be a while or it could be tomorrow. which smells worse? dr. lees or s5? lol

wi11iam

Reaction score
brandnew said:
i feel like i should buy it while waiting for cb. it could be a while or it could be tomorrow. which smells worse? dr. lees or s5? lol

Haven't used dr lees but i heard its smells bad. s5 cream smells actually quite good, like menthol.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
wi11iam said:
brandnew said:

No it shouldnt cause any more shedding, but s5 cream is much more effective imho than dr lees and its not pricey so i would buy a pot if i were you (lasts approx 2 months for me). trust me if anything CB will work, i wish i had the money to be on the CB a list but i gota wait till i start earning some dough...i hope you get yours soon.
Yo you didn't reply to my previous post so I'll ask again.

You bought the s5 cream from this site? Or is there another site you can buy it from?

wi11iam

Reaction score
JerryMaguire said:
wi11iam said:
brandnew said:

Yo you didn't reply to my previous post so I'll ask again.

You bought the s5 cream from this site? Or is there another site you can buy it from?

Hey, yea I got the s5 cream from HairLossTalk.com. Delivery is quick, ordered some only a week ago.