Why you should add hydrocortisone to your regimen!

Ende

Reaction score
By anti-inflammatory agent is meant any agent known to reduce inflammation by oral or topical administration and includes both steroidal (e.g. corticosteroids) and non-steroidal (e.g. ibuprofen and its derivatives) compounds. Steroidal compounds are used in a concentration of 0.5 to 2.5% and non-steroidals are used in a range of 1 to 5%. Such anti-inflammatory agents are well known to a physician of ordinary skill. See. e.g., Medical Pharmacology, pp. 331-343 9th Edition (1978). These agents may be orally or topically administered. For ease of administration, simultaneous topical application of minoxidil and the anti-inflammatory agent (undertaken in a combined composition), may be preferred. However, in cases of severe inflammation, oral administration of the anti-inflammatory agent concomitant with topically administered minoxidil may be preferred.

Surprisingly, the present inventor has discovered that there is a chronic inflammatory process, subtending to the hair bulbs, in patterned alopecia, leading to eventual scarring of the lower follicle, making regrowth impossible. The present invention solves this problem by suppressing sub-bulbar inflammation, thus allowing for regrowth.

EXAMPLE 1
Fifteen males with early alopecia were treated with a combination of 2% minoxidil and 1% hydrocortisone in a hydroalcoholic vehicle. The subjects were shampooed weekly and hairs were counted after filtration. Fewer hairs were observed to be shed as treatment progressed. Hair regrowth has been substantially better than with minoxidil alone in comparable cases. The longest period of treatment is 6 months. Hair loss has virtually stopped in all subjects.

EXAMPLE 2
Twenty-six young-adult, balding white males were treated for at least five months with a hydroalcoholic solution containing: (1) 3% minoxidil; and (2) 2.5% hydrocortisone. These subjects were in an early stage of baldness, not exceeding 2 inches in diameter over the vertex.

The combination formulation stimulated hair growth in these subjects within three months. Most of the subjects volunteered comments of surprise that enhancement could be seen as early as two months. These results were compared with the results of a study at the same clinic of 50 patients using 3% minoxidil alone. In the opinion of the investigator, hair growth was seen sooner and on a greater proportion of patients in the group treated with the combination of minoxidil and an antiinflammatory agent.
Combination Of Minoxidil And An Antiinflammatory Agent For Treating Patterned Alopecia

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a long standing poster over on regrowth who has been swearing by that something called seabuckthorn soap and piroctone olamine

I'd never heard of the seabuckthorn soap.

Not saying it works .... but this reminded me of it.

Unfortunately the forum is down, so i can't cross reference.

I think the posters name is 'Jay'

Btw. Nice to see you back on here Enden.

Ende

Reaction score
Does it contain hydrocortisone? If you live in U.S. you could buy Maximum Strength Scalpicin, which contains 1% hydrocortisone, OTC.

LostHope

Reaction score
Enden said:
Does it contain hydrocortisone? If you live in U.S. you could buy Maximum Strength Scalpicin, which contains 1% hydrocortisone, OTC.

>>>>>
Dr. Lee sold his minoxidil and xandrox also in a version with betamethasonvalerate for a long time.

I tried BMV in alcoholic vehicle several times but always when I started shedding increased. That's why I didn't dare to continue....

Ende

Reaction score
Betamethasone valerate is a strong steroid, as opposed to hydrocortisone which is the mildest there is, as far as I know. Shedding isn't necessarily a bad sign...

ctulhu

Reaction score
I know of a couple of guys with hair loss on a german forum who use it. I've got a bottle sitting at home which I tried once or twice when my inflammation was very bad.

I know that you shouldn't use it too often since it will thin the skin of your scalp. Question is, how much should you use?

Ende

Reaction score
1% hydrocortisone lotion is safe to use long term. It's unlikely to cause typical corticosteroid side effects. If this wasn't the case, it would be a prescription medication like other corticosteroids. Use it according to the instruction, but I wouldn't apply it more than once, maybe twice a day.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i will be running Betamethasone, 1 week on 3 weeks break, 1 week on 3 weeks etc etc.. to se if it will help breaking up the inflamation. 3 week break is to not get thinning of the skin as dr's prescribe it.
im a long time user of finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very important. People should know this. If you’ve got intense scalp itch, definitely try 1% hydrocortisone in your regimen. It’s worked well for me.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is interesting, thanks for bringing it up again BigPapa.

Zix cured my itch for about 9 months but it's back again.

I've been making good progress in the gym so it might be that I've upped my testosterone and therefore DHT levels so that Zix is no longer enough. Will look into this and report back.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you incorporate hydrocortisone into your regimen?
Did you mix it into Minoxidil like in the study? If so how did you do it?

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you incorporate hydrocortisone into your regimen?
Did you mix it into Minoxidil like in the study? If so how did you do it?
No, I dont even use topical minoxidil I use oral. For Hydrocoritsone I use a combo of the 1% cream from the store with the 1% scalpicin liquid.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
That and the cream you can get from any store. It helps pretty much immediately.
Thanks for the reply dude, I'm from Ireland so I'm not sure what cream you're talking about.
Could you link the cream?

Do you use then once or twice a day?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers my man, will try this and report back.
Delivery takes ages though so it'll be about a month before I can