Why will it not stop friggen falling?

G

In the span of less than 1 minute, i ran my hands throuhh my hair with gentle tugs and pulled out easily 30 hairs with bulbs...wtf is going on is my whole hair in telogen??Can I just pull @ all my hair and self recede myself into a NW7 to end this b.s....ok maybe thats dramatic but it seems like all of my hairs really are in telogen, why aren't any anchored firmly like they're supposed to be.?

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
yea, i got the same thing.

seems like all my hairs need is a small tug and they are out, takes some retraint not to continually keep running my hand through my hair....i dont understand why it's so fragile

Heres what it could be:

1. Agressive male pattern baldness
2. Shedding
3. Reflex Hyperandrogenity (sp?) if your on finasteride. that is
4. Something else altogether!

So, just treat your hair nice...and enjoy whatever of it you have.

G

im on finasteride...so im curious as to what that hyper andro crap is

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
this initial shed is happens to man of us post-ers (though it's unclear how universal it is among finasteride users). It resembles a Telogen Effluvium. I had it and was horrified. I am not recovered from it either.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I had my initial shed at about month one and a half through month three. Literally a month and a half of continuous shedding. I did recover from mine, and have made good long term improvement.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have added that I have been on finasteride. for over a year, this is not an "initial shed".

I don't know what it is, but I think I'm going to get some blood work done, thinking thyroid, hormone levels, insulin, etc.....get the whole shabang.

The other night i took a bath and...127 hairs in the water (i counted them, yea i know kinda freaky)

This has been going on for 3 Months now....I'm considering ditching the finasteride.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haven´t you think it could be body hair?? I shed lots of body hair. It´s easy to got them mixed w/ scalp hair in a bath.

This whole shedding bussiness amazes me. I´ve never take count of the hairs I shed. Hair sheds naturally. What counts is the hair you still have, if they are thin or if they are thick.

Checking falling hairs is a shortcut to obsession and useless troubling, IMO. It´s always said when explaining the basics of hair-loss that it´s a problem of "hair not regrowing as thick as before", not an "hair falling and not coming again" issue.

My girlfriend sheds like a ton of hair every day, millions of it. I got them everywhere in my clothes, bed, bathroom, etc... and he has a great head of silky, full hair.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
lately i am also shedding like a dog... i think it about 4-5times the normal rate and i can see my whole head thinning quite fast... it not the "mind eye" thingy now... it just so obvious...

i don't know what going on and it does upset me alot... i just dropped minoxidil for about 1.5month.. also, i started flutamide and spironolactone for about 1month so i don't know is it because of my treatment or it just a normal shed cycle...

my thinning rate have increase and i think in no time i will be quite bald... haiz... guess i can't hold on to 5years before HM...

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo - theres no way it's body hair, theres quite a difference between the two in my case.

The comparison with your girlfriends hair is rather meaningless because she is not suffering from male pattern baldness.

All I'm trying to figure out is why I am all of a sudden losing major amounts of hair.

Is it a 'shed' ?
Is it just the natural progression of my male pattern baldness?
Is it propecia losing efectivness? etc etc

Any info we figure out is helpfull to all of us because theres alot going on with hairloss that we do not know.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think hair is hair. It is generated by the same way in every head around.

And male pattern baldness does affect it via miniaturization of the follicle over cycles. As I´ve understood it, there´s not a process of "massive loss---then-->baldness", unless we´ve got 1) Telogen Effluvium or 2)Treatment (finasteride) induced Telogen Effluvium, and in 1) and 2) cases hair loss is reversible. I think Telogen Effluvium is very uncommon and easily recognizable from male pattern baldness. In Telogen Effluvium there´s no miniaturization of the hair, so if you shed miniaturized shafts it is male pattern baldness.

If you are on treatments and you shed a lot of hairs, stay cool. It´s no more of a possitive sign. It means follicles are coming back stronger. I´ve never seen a single pic of someone who has worsened while on the big 3 for a year. I´ve read like millions of posts of people freaking about a third month shedding, like it´s the end of the world or like if they are comdemned to some bizarre alopecia universalis aggravated with penis impairment, mental fog and deep urge to kill furry animals.

There may be a lot of things we don´t know about hair loss, but we have to hang on on the ones we know or we are gonna be lost between doubts, guesses and, worst of all, panic.

Proven treatments+patience------>Success

Panic+swinging treatments+"hair count paranoia"--->No Success

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
All good advice there,

There are some cases I have heard of where the hair dramatically minaturizes in just one cycle, thats nasty business.

Shedding does not always mean that the follicles are coming back stronger, they could just as easily be coming back weaker, depending on if you are a responder or a non-responder.

I think it goes more like this:

Proven treatments+patience------>Success or No Success (if your unlucky)

Panic+swinging treatments+"hair count paranoia"--->No Success

Unfortunatly the is no 100% treatment, but overall I agree that furry animals should be killed.
:shock:

G

in my case it is not body hair, that's for sure...

Because when I wash my hair, I massage my scalp, and when i look at my hands i have 50 hairs..