Why This Breakingthrough Is Not Happening On Hairloss!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
40% is still a large number even for post menopausal women.
To me, 1/100 would be rare. I've seen many young women in her 20s have more advanced thinning than I do, including two good friends of mine. They never did anything about it. And surprisingly these women are largely oriental/Indian women. I've also seen quite a few white young women with very diffuse or advanced hair loss. They manage to cover it with a combover but were never afraid to show their thinning.

So from my day to day observation over the last 5 years in various countries (I love backpacking so I travel a lot), its crazy how common hair loss is in young women nowadays. It's certainly not common. Most cases just go unreported.

Also, how would you even collect your stats as from a lot of women's experience I've read, doctors' first response to a female patient's hair loss issue usually is "you're fine".

Generally speaking, if something occurs less than half the time (40%), it is considered "rare" or at the very least, "uncommon".

The numbers are approximate numbers based on patient observations made by dermatologists and other doctors. It's an easy experiment to do and easy to collect a sufficient sample size in a short amount of time.

All you'd have to do is look at how many patients have the onset of or advanced Androgenetic Alopecia, sort them by sex, count them and then compare them against others' data.

Next time you're in a heavily-populated area, use the notepad on your phone and tally how many people you see with hairloss and sort them by sex; almost every time, you should see that the number of men significantly outnumber the women.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally speaking, if something occurs less than half the time (40%), it is considered "rare" or at the very least, "uncommon".

The numbers are approximate numbers based on patient observations made by dermatologists and other doctors. It's an easy experiment to do and easy to collect a sufficient sample size in a short amount of time.

All you'd have to do is look at how many patients have the onset of or advanced Androgenetic Alopecia, sort them by sex, count them and then compare them against others' data.

Next time you're in a heavily-populated area, use the notepad on your phone and tally how many people you see with hairloss and sort them by sex; almost every time, you should see that the number of men significantly outnumber the women.

I'm not arguing that there're more men with Androgenetic Alopecia than women. I just wish people could acknowledge that it's a serious problem for women too.

I've never heard of "women" and "baldness" spoken together IRL in my entire life

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Doctors dismiss women who do report it.

I reported it in my early to mid 30s to a dermatologist and my gynocologist--and and encochronologist---they all told me my hair looked fine and nothing was wrong.

YEARS later when I reported it THEN it was like 'oh maybe'.

I think its very under reported and I think because in young women it moves very slow and is NOT as aggressive as in most males (definiltey not comparing who has it worse/when)

The end of the day if it was taken more seriously by both the Doctors and the women getting it who perhaps over look it or just accept it--then maybe more research and more money would be going to this industry.

Men get 'just shave it bra'
Women get 'they make nice wigs"
Neither is a great option.

resu

Reaction score
You would even think i have thick hair as I cover it up well. And I started with almost a jungle of hair. Took me 30 mins just to blow dry my hair (not styling). Now it took me 5..

FPB is often diffuse and difficult to spot even for male pattern baldness sufferers.

When I saw her with a ponytail there was some very noticeable thinning on the sides, then the part line was shiny, initially I thought it was just the sun hitting her colored hair but when in shadow it was even more noticeable because of the higher contrast. I'm really annoyed that nothing impacts these people, they keep on going, suffer no social repercussions, they are immune to everything, still I know it bothers her because her profile photo is from the opposite side of the part line and is in shadow, they're full of tricks! Only case of a young woman that I've seen though and I now check everyone's hair, even women! I know quite a few in their late 30's to 40's, definitely not as rare as people think.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah well a big part of the problem is you go in there, and say yeah Doctor im losing hair. They cant do anything about it anyway beyond just say oh well buy a wig or shave it. Men at least have the finasteride option, but that is no magic bullet either. To some men the risks might out weigh benefits.
If a good solution existed more people would probably do something about it, and take it more seriously since there is an option. Dont see the point in nit picking between if its man or woman. Hair loss is hair loss.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah well a big part of the problem is you go in there, and say yeah Doctor im losing hair. They cant do anything about it anyway beyond just say oh well buy a wig or shave it. Men at least have the finasteride option, but that is no magic bullet either. To some men the risks might out weigh benefits.
If a good solution existed more people would probably do something about it, and take it more seriously since there is an option. Dont see the point in nit picking between if its man or woman. Hair loss is hair loss.

That is the thing I think Doctors DON'T document it unless they agree its a problem OR a lab diagnoses a biopsy or a prescription is prescribed.

They thought mistakenly I had Areata a few months ago--when i did some research--they had no data bank of real actual numbers of people who had it, they were attempting to do a census for first time..in 2016 lol..and that is categorized as an autoimmune disease..so I don't know where they are getting the 'numbers' from to even say how many people have androgenic.
I personally think its a lot more, both men and women, then is reported or documented.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Female pattern hairloss is by definition not rare when it affects tens of millions in the United States alone. 40% is a large number. If it were a deadly illness you wouldn't consider it rare if it killed 4 in 10 women. Please don't demean the challenge that women face regarding this condition.

rer/
adjective
  1. (of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often.
    "a rare genetic disorder"
    synonyms: infrequent, scarce, sparse, few and far between, thin on the ground, like gold dust, as scarce as hen's teeth; More

What constitutes a "large number" is relative. 100 is a big number compared to many, but would you say 100 dollars is a lot of money?

Also, the very first definition listed is "not occurring very often".

If something occurs less than half the time statistically, then it's definitely "not very often".

This whole argument is utterly pointless though, because as far as I am concerned even 1 person with Androgenetic Alopecia is far too many.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something that happens 4 out of 10 times does occur often. Often does not mean majority of the time. Whatever though, you can be right, you always are. :rolleyes: You're the most arrogant person on this forum.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something that happens 4 out of 10 times does occur often. Often does not mean majority of the time. Whatever though, you can be right, you always are. :rolleyes: You're the most arrogant person on this forum.

Nope, you just tend to say a lot of arguable things at best; ridiculous and easily disproved at worst. Cases in point: you've essentially said that Elon Musk is a retard, believe that hairloss is "aging" despite all science to the contrary and you are arguing a simple concept that 7 out of 10 vs 4 out of 10, when applied to 7 billion people, makes the former a comparatively rare case.

Like, you do realize this could be flipped on its head, right? If 70% of men will experience hairloss, that means 30% (just 10% less than the amount of women who will experience Androgenetic Alopecia) of men won't. That's HUGE! That amounts to like...100s of millions of men who never go bald!

Are you now going to tell me that men who don't go bald aren't a comparatively rare case?

I'll gladly take being arrogant over ignorant any day.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now saying that Elon Musk isn't God is equivalent to calling him a retard. :rolleyes: I'm actually surprised you think he is God. With your inflated ego, I fully expected you to claim that you are God.

And no, it's not rare for men to not experience hair loss,it's just not the norm. I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

Last edited:

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are a big community, Let's stop arguing and make a donation to start our own labs in someone basement, f*** all the big pharma, and the uparguing not comming treatmemts.
we already have guys here that can do science like swoop, in before the cure , that Guy, and so many guys, and some guys can help with the theories, and since I will not be usefull I will be the test object instead of rats, just hurry up to beat this sh*t.

Last edited: