Why This Breakingthrough Is Not Happening On Hairloss!

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of the "Just shave it bro" mentality.
when men valuate their hair like women do valuate their appearance, you'll see more money going into hair research.

like i always said, people who tell you "Just shave it bro" should be stabbed in the eye with a dermaroller.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when men valuate their hair like women do valuate their appearance, you'll see more money going into hair research.

like i always said, people who tell you "Just shave it bro" should be stabbed in the eye with a dermaroller.

media_alopeciefeminine.jpg
alopecia%20(2)_1.jpg
4175876597.jpg

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
They kind of are with all the treatments in clinicals right now. The problem with hairloss (and this) and every other treatment is the amount of regulations to get it to market. It costs way too much money, so if people don't see a market for it... they won't release it. For example, this is about 5-10 years from ever hitting the market if everything goes right.

I wish that after something was discovered, all it would take would be a one year trial to prove it's safety and efficiency and then boom, it's available to the market. We'd have a lot more options for hairloss today if that were the case.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FPB is very rare compared to male pattern baldness, and AA is getting effective treatment from Angela Christiano and even f*****g Brotzu lotion.

i bet my *** if acne touched only men you'll still find fuckheads who tell you "don't care about it bro, just hit the gym"

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They kind of are with all the treatments in clinicals right now. The problem with hairloss (and this) and every other treatment is the amount of regulations to get it to market. It costs way too much money, so if people don't see a market for it... they won't release it. For example, this is about 5-10 years from ever hitting the market if everything goes right.

I wish that after something was discovered, all it would take would be a one year trial to prove it's safety and efficiency and then boom, it's available to the market. We'd have a lot more options for hairloss today if that were the case.

It's a cure not a treatment, and not even one rat is involved, it was tested in a human skin biopsy, and the trials will be on human.
hair loss is consider as a cosmetic not a dieases.
why hair transplant is expensive, and all what they do is just taking my own hair and stick it back some where else.
Even if a good treatmemt hit the market, the majorty of people wouldn't be able to afford for it at least for the first five years, propecia a shitty drug with many side effects that could end up your life and it's not effictive at least not for anyone, and it's f*****g expensive, it should be for free with a gifted dildo, Imagine if it was side effect free how much it would cost.

Last edited:

resu

Reaction score
Even Cosmo will release CB for acne in 2019! It's just easier to test and see results, with hair loss you have to wait months to see results.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even Cosmo will release CB for acne in 2019! It's just easier to test and see results, with hair loss you have to wait months to see results.

Yes but, there is already so much sh*t available for acne, and so much more money to be made with baldness.
I had cystic acne and I treated it with various things and eventually it stopped coming back.

Benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, birth control pills if female, diet changes, vitamins, and finally, accutane... there is so much sh*t to choose from.

What can you choose from when treating baldness? f***-all.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

FPB is very rare compared to male pattern baldness, and AA is getting effective treatment from Angela Christiano and even f*****g Brotzu lotion.

i bet my *** if acne touched only men you'll still find fuckheads who tell you "don't care about it bro, just hit the gym"

Shia knows what's up.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

It's true though, I strongly believe the "Just shave it" bros have held the research back for many years. Time spent researching sh*t is intensive and valuable. If the powers that be are lead to believe (or believe themselves) that X is not a serious issue, they will spend their time elsewhere.

Something I learned pretty quickly in my late teens was how completely delusional most men are about their appearance; they think they can be a bearded, bald, smelly, hairy, fat slob and this shouldn't affect their employment options or create negative first impression and certainly still entitles them to the affections of only the hottest women. Men who do care about their hair, staying in shape, dressing well, etc. are (insert derogatory feminine term here) and are to be met with hostility.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Very true. It's why I suspect attractive, better kept men are also more affected by hair loss. Because they know from experience the difference looks/presentation make and what they're actually losing.

Someone who's used to being overlooked might not even notice the difference. Meanwhile I keep running into some of the hottest guys from high school who are now balding and I don't think I've ever seen greater despair and terror than what I read in their faces.

Really, the more perceptive you are, the more this sh*t fucks you up.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FPB is surely not rare. It's actually more and more common nowadays for women over 40. I have at least 5-6 close girl friends whose hair loss is visible to me.

Look around you.

It's the stupid belief, "women don't lose hair!"

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think its actually common in women just not as aggressive as young (generally speaking) --also i think for women we can hide it longer perhaps because our hair is long. our 'comb overs' don't 'look' like comb overs.

What bugs me is that women are not complaining about it vocally they just seem to accept it...(generally speaking obviously women on this forum who post or even those who follow quietly are trying to deal with it best they can)..I don't really understand it but when you read other forums that are just for women with alopecia its like wtf? They just feel 'shame' and believe nothing to be done...they feel 'selfish' to complain..seriously it's weird to me.

maybe if women were more vocal and organized about it their would be a demand.

Thats why I really hope men don't scare off female posters from coming here more and posting/ participating because whether if its right or wrong is irrelevant-- women DO carry more weight in the cosmetic market over men.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
FPB is surely not rare. It's actually more and more common nowadays for women over 40. I have at least 5-6 close girl friends whose hair loss is visible to me.

Look around you.

It is rare compared to male pattern baldness.

Only around 40% of women will suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia and most of those women will be post-menopausal

Contrasted against 70% of men having significant hairloss by age 50 or thereabouts.

A young woman such as yourself even having Androgenetic Alopecia at all is statistically rare; a man at age 20 with significant hairloss is statistically not common, but far from rare.

So min0's point stands.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Look around you.

i don't think that it is rare either I think a lot of women don't know they have it until older or until they have children.

as soon as i spoke up to a few friends guess what they did--pulled hair back and showed me where they were losing hair and spoke about other women who are losing hair....That is not rare...also I think NONE of these women spoke to Dr or reported it..so how are they counted if they don't report or complain about it?
They are embaresed

resu

Reaction score
I only know one who is in her 20's that suffers from Androgenetic Alopecia, to people who aren't Norwood spotters she looks like she just has thin hair, she has a NW1 boyfriend with a thick mane that doesn't even move with the wind because his hair is so dense... both her parents have very advanced hair loss.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is rare compared to male pattern baldness.

Only around 40% of women will suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia and most of those women will be post-menopausal

Contrasted against 70% of men having significant hairloss by age 50 or thereabouts.

A young woman such as yourself even having Androgenetic Alopecia at all is statistically rare; a man at age 20 with significant hairloss is statistically not common, but far from rare.

So min0's point stands.

40% is still a large number even for post menopausal women.
To me, 1/100 would be rare. I've seen many young women in her 20s have more advanced thinning than I do, including two good friends of mine. They never did anything about it. And surprisingly these women are largely oriental/Indian women. I've also seen quite a few white young women with very diffuse or advanced hair loss. They manage to cover it with a combover but were never afraid to show their thinning.

So from my day to day observation over the last 5 years in various countries (I love backpacking so I travel a lot), its crazy how common hair loss is in young women nowadays. Most cases just go unreported.

Also, how would you even collect your stats as from a lot of women's experience I've read, doctors' first response to a female patient's hair loss issue usually is "you're fine".

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only know one who is in her 20's that suffers from Androgenetic Alopecia, to people who aren't Norwood spotters she looks like she just has thin hair, she has a NW1 boyfriend with a thick mane that doesn't even move with the wind because his hair is so dense... both her parents have very advanced hair loss.

You would even think i have thick hair as I cover it up well. And I started with almost a jungle of hair. Took me 30 mins just to blow dry my hair (not styling). Now it took me 5..

FPB is often diffuse and difficult to spot even for male pattern baldness sufferers.