Why There Isn’t Cure For male pattern baldness & Reasons

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After pursuing the many theories, treatments, & conjectures I might as well, throw in my 2 cents.
Let’s take typical males and females.
The main sex hormones in males & females are testosterone & estrogen.
Up until puberty male pattern baldness is typically not seen.
When males reach, say 14 years testosterone levels start to manifest, same basically for females. Now for males healthy testosterone levels are 300-1000.
Women 15-75.
And for females healthy estrogen/estradiol levels 30-400.. Males 10-50.
Interesting in post menopausal females.
there normal estrogen level is 0-30.
Almost identical to normal males.
Let me say this again:
Normal male estrogen levels are same as post menopausal females. And this is when we get some thinning typically in females.
IMO, Estrogen is a hair protector & stimulant. Testosterone also effects hair good & bad. Bad is approximately 10% converts to DHT which thins the hair.
Assuming I’m generally correct. I’m just generally putting this out there, the reason for no male pattern baldness cure is because what make a man a man also often does thin out the hair. A side effect is you will. It’s next to impossible to change your genes. The hormones are generated for most part in sex organs. So the dilemma & no cure.
I recognize there may be a discovery that is a better theory that may come, so my theory is not novel & is subject to addition.
Next discussion would be if what I’ve said is True, then what?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then with this logic, the only ''cure'' is to clone the hair on the least affected part of the scalp.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This may be an explanation for the how, but not the why. The why is genetics. You can’t rewrite your genetic code, that’s why there is no cure. You can put in new hair via transplant, take drugs to suppress your body’s natural processes, but none of that will ever cure or stop the underlying issue which is that your hair loss, your sensitivity to DHT are natural things that cannot be “cured” in the traditional sense. In other words, you aren’t trying to cure anything, you’re trying to override your body’s natural state. This is why all drugs eventually stop working and why you will eventually lose your hair regardless of how much of a fight you put up, nature always wins eventually. Your hair loss is hard coded in your genetics, that’s why it’s so unpredictable, unique, and can never be cured.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This may be an explanation for the how, but not the why. The why is genetics. You can’t rewrite your genetic code, that’s why there is no cure. You can put in new hair via transplant, take drugs to suppress your body’s natural processes, but none of that will ever cure or stop the underlying issue which is that your hair loss, your sensitivity to DHT are natural things that cannot be “cured” in the traditional sense. In other words, you aren’t trying to cure anything, you’re trying to override your body’s natural state. This is why all drugs eventually stop working and why you will eventually lose your hair regardless of how much of a fight you put up, nature always wins eventually. Your hair loss is hard coded in your genetics, that’s why it’s so unpredictable, unique, and can never be cured.

so we can delete this website according to that i guess lol

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of us don’t want a cure, all we need is an effective treatment with no sides. Maybe CB is what we need but they keep on postponing the date of release.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of us don’t want a cure, all we need is an effective treatment with no sides. Maybe CB is what we need but they keep on postponing the date of release.

Yeah in the same way as i see HIV treatments.

Even in 2019 you can't ''cure'' HIV but today's med can make a person lifetime goes 30 years longer than it would have been without these treatments.

AlexanderTheGreat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I may be entering the sphere of conspiracy theories, but if you think about it, it does make some sense. Greed is the main reason that blocks the cure. There is no pharmaceutical company that would like a one time thing. All they want is a repetitive procedure, so they can earn more. That being said, a great menace for them is genome editing (CRISPR-cas9), the holy grail for a plethora of genetically correlated diseases. The future is now and the change that brings with it will be of an unprecedented scale.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no cure for hair loss because simply it is economically profitable to manufacture all the different snake oils and pills for desperate struggling men, it's a big business, imagine if cure is invented, then all of it will turn to ashes.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no cure for hair loss because simply it is economically profitable to manufacture all the different snake oils and pills for desperate struggling men, it's a big business, imagine if cure is invented, then all of it will turn to ashes.

we can say the same thing for absolutely all '' illness''

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Doubt that. The companies don't really make that much money. Mostly because it is common knowledge that there is no medication that helps male pattern baldness much. If they made a medication that would at least reliably slow down male pattern baldness a lot, without curing it, they would get a lot of money.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubt that. The companies don't really make that much money. Mostly because it is common knowledge that there is no medication that helps male pattern baldness much. If they made a medication that would at least reliably slow down male pattern baldness a lot, without curing it, they would get a lot of money.

exactly,in all the balding men adult in the world, the part of men taking finasteride is less then 1 %.

If they have a maintenance drug (not even lifetime but lets say couple of decades) withouot heavy sides this % would go much much higher.

so they can really make more money than they are doing right now.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is hardly a cure for anything.

thats true,

but honestly if you are a norwood 6, 10 000 grafts on the loss zone could litteraly give you a norwood 2 hairline with some nice density (plus toppik.) Saying if you are over 30 years old you could go on with your life with it.

But most people have 5000-7000 max availabe grafts.. a lot of us would only need that extra 4000-5000 and it would be a 'kind of'' mini cure.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so we can delete this website according to that i guess lol
More or less lol. I mean I think it’s good to have a support system and to help answer the questions that can be answered and help people make the best decisions they can with what’s out there, but as an engine for discovering some kind of cure it’s useless.

Honestly, we are a long, long way from any kind of permanent fix for anyone born with the gene. It’s much more likely that it will eventually be something that can be eliminated for future generations through pre-gestation genetic modification. Once a gene has been expressed it can’t be unexpressed, so the key is to keep it from happening in the first place. Right now, that’s the best hope for ending hair loss, but it’s little comfort to those already afflicted.

Last edited:

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont doubt it and google it, hair loss industry is estimated somewhere from 6 to 10 billion dollars annualy, an very little percentage of it goes to minoxidil and finasteride. Most of it is random cosmetics, hair transplants, pills etc.
They would not get more money, because person not using finasteride or minoxidil doesnt imply they dont use something else to combat hair loss, even if its snake oil.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is that we don't know how male pattern hairloss happens ,if we had figured it 20 years ago this forum probably wouldn't started.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After pursuing the many theories, treatments, & conjectures I might as well, throw in my 2 cents.
Let’s take typical males and females.
The main sex hormones in males & females are testosterone & estrogen.
Up until puberty male pattern baldness is typically not seen.
When males reach, say 14 years testosterone levels start to manifest, same basically for females. Now for males healthy testosterone levels are 300-1000.
Women 15-75.
And for females healthy estrogen/estradiol levels 30-400.. Males 10-50.
Interesting in post menopausal females.
there normal estrogen level is 0-30.
Almost identical to normal males.
Let me say this again:
Normal male estrogen levels are same as post menopausal females. And this is when we get some thinning typically in females.
IMO, Estrogen is a hair protector & stimulant. Testosterone also effects hair good & bad. Bad is approximately 10% converts to DHT which thins the hair.
Assuming I’m generally correct. I’m just generally putting this out there, the reason for no male pattern baldness cure is because what make a man a man also often does thin out the hair. A side effect is you will. It’s next to impossible to change your genes. The hormones are generated for most part in sex organs. So the dilemma & no cure.
I recognize there may be a discovery that is a better theory that may come, so my theory is not novel & is subject to addition.
Next discussion would be if what I’ve said is True, then what?
Pretty much

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good addition. Men will fight to the end.
However there have been complete reversals. As to the Why? Research.
It’s so true if your genes say No,to counteract them is frustrating. Genetic conditions have been treated successfully. But if we say everything is genetics & we are hopeless & don’t think it’s true. To discover true formula to reverse male pattern baldness without doing harm should get someone the Nobel Prize in Medicine.
A cure is a dream at this point

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats true,

but honestly if you are a norwood 6, 10 000 grafts on the loss zone could litteraly give you a norwood 2 hairline with some nice density (plus toppik.) Saying if you are over 30 years old you could go on with your life with it.

But most people have 5000-7000 max availabe grafts.. a lot of us would only need that extra 4000-5000 and it would be a 'kind of'' mini cure.
Hair Transplants give some decent results.
In combination with Minoxidil & medication, etc & cosmetic helpers individuals can do quite well. Don’t want to overdue it because doctors will harvest hair from sides too. As hair recedes & thins on sides might have another problem area