Why the hell is my hair falling out so fast at 17? Having suicidal thoughts.

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the derm checked for miniaturization? What did the dermatologist exams looked like? Is the hair loss diffuse or localized in your opinion?
Is it significantly worse now than it was 4 months ago? How much hair do you shed a day?

>existential crisis(pscychologist confirmed)
For some reason it made me laugh
Also dump your gf

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a strange loss for sure. No one can diagnosize anything online, but judging by your age, your rate of shedding, no family history and the absence of usual pattern, it may not be an Androgenetic Alopecia.
Telogen Effluvium require a pretty big trauma, bigger than studying a lot usually, and usually subside in 3 months, while CTE often stabilize at a lesser density, also both are diffuse and unpatterned.

Go see another derm, or the same derm again worst case scenario, explain everything fully and clearly, ask for a complete diagnosis, a microscopic examination, don't hesitate to challenge the diagnostic a bit with some subtlety ("Isn't telogen effluvium diffuse?", "Some guys on the internet were diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia at 16, can it happen to me?", "Have you ever seen this pattern?")
Get expensive bloodwork, vitamins, CRP, Cholesterol. CBC, RBC, WBC, platelet, and the more the merrier.

Also, small advice, eventually you should try a buzzcut, to stop being distracted by hair falling out.