Why The f*** Won’t Jeff Bezos Fund A Research For Hairloss | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Why The f*** Won’t Jeff Bezos Fund A Research For Hairloss

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Falsenine, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Trichosan

Trichosan Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had a conversation long ago, with a man who understands these things very well. He said, even the wealth is irrelevant, it's about the power. I understood Mr. Boesky's words but I could not, then or even now, comprehend such a state of mind. Perhaps it's genetic, like hair loss.

2. Mykonas

Mykonas Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    People like jeff bezos are not after money anymore their main purpous now are acheivements they can put their names on this is why the race to mars, longetivity, artificial intelligence etc... always come up with these people's names. I'm sure that curing baldness can be one of those achievements, i remember once jeff bezos tweeted that he's looking for ideas to pursue i pitched him a tweet about tsuji but it probably never got to him. i'm sure if we echo this on bigger scale we can get his attention.

3. mowingdown

mowingdown Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure why, but I find this to be one of the most pathetic posts I've seen on here... Hopefully you're not like this when sober, but if you are, get it together dude. Hair is wonderful and trying to keep it is nothing to be ashamed about, but losing your hair isn't the end of the world - despite what a ton of people on here tell each other. These people have way bigger ambitions than their hair. Yes Musk got a transplant, but do you think it in any way falls in line with his (or Bezos for that matter) goals to be a space faring civilization to divert resources to baldness?

You WILL be ok if you lose it all. If you aren't ok when/if that point does come, you had way bigger issues to begin with.

4. ripple-effect

ripple-effect Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Why not stop complaining what someone else should do with their money and become the next Jeff Bezos and do it yourself?

5. Ollie

Ollie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    'Become the next Jeff Bezos'

Would probably just be easier to cure hairloss ourselves.

The 7TH Sense and Armando Jose like this.
  6. SteveTabernack

SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Plenty of reasons.. but any rich baldie who decided to throw serious money at hairloss research would quickly become the biggest laughing stock.

Saurabhaj likes this.
  7. MomoGee

MomoGee Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If I was a billionaire with balding insecurities I'd pay for personal stylists and undetectable hair systems. I would prioritize my money on buying epic sh*t like Lamborghinis and paying for vacations around the world.

Curing this sh*t would be removing a huge burden from our shoulders but investing in research for a cure (even with a ridiculous amount of cash) would still probably take over a decade. Look at the huge amounts that are invested in to cancer research, since I was a kid "a potential" cure was always found and was always 5-10 years away. Point being that research and medicine need a lot of time to develop and if I was a billionaire I wouldn't want to be waiting on a cure until I'm in my mid 30s or 40s to start enjoying life.

Our only hope is the existing research, like Tsuji, Follica, Replicel, etc. Investing in research and development will likely benefit the next generation not us.

Armando Jose likes this.
  8. Toby0823

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This was said, by balding men in the 70’s. and hairloss scientists are still f*****g mice in 2018, so no, not even the next generation has hope.

Armando Jose likes this.
  9. resu

resu Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would expect Elon Musk to care, even after getting an hair transplant he's still thinning I don't think there's anything out there that would benefit from their investment.

vKebt5v.jpg

10. Wisemiller

Wisemiller Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    They don't care about balding for the same reason your parents and grandparents don't care. Bezos was clearly balding in the 90s. In those days, balding was a inconvenience and a common sign of ageing. Today, due to a variety of factors, balding causes extreme, possibly life ending, depression. Wait for more from this generation to become billionaires, then we'll see a cure.

Armando Jose likes this.
  11. Dhldan

Dhldan Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If I win the powerball ig u guys ;^)

Matt S likes this.
  12. Mandar kumthekar

Mandar kumthekar Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Obsessive people never succeed in life. He definitely feels bad being bald but not obsessive about his hair .but writing him an email to fund hairloss research would be great.

13. HairCook

HairCook Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    3 years? I dont think you have a clue how research and clinical trials work. I dont even wanna know how much money u would need to spent alone on bribing fda scum to get a single med on the market within three years.

14. petersonKj

petersonKj Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

this is incredibly insulting and stupid. in reality the funding that goes into hair loss is tiny and so is the number of researchers dedicated in this field. less than 50 researchers world wide are working in hair loss research, more than 10k in cancer. funding for cancer research is thousands of times higher than hair loss research. if they got the funding other areas get for 2-3 years they would find a cure absolutely no question about that. but thats not the case, the publics interest lies in fighting serious disease and thats good. sucks for us but it's definitely not due to incompetence. you think tsuji would work on hair loss right now if it wasn't the overall path to organ and tissue generation? f*** no. we are just lucky that they decided to start with the hair because it's simply and less invasive, he surely didn't do it because hair itself is so exciting

15. petersonKj

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

I don't think there was a single day during the last decades were jeff bezos thought about his stupid hair. I actually think it suits him quite well, he certainly looks better than he ever did since he founded amazon and in particular since he shaved that sh*t off of the back of his head. balding is ok but being an advanced stage and not buzzing it down is ridiculous. too many men are running around with advanced horse shoe patterns

16. doflamingo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Elon musk is going to build the reasearch facilities hidden in Mars, its just too shameful to get caught trying to cure balding so the 3 billionnaires decided to cure balding on Mars, no researcher or personnel involved will ever return or communicate with earth about this until they come out with Maluma's hairstyle and martian b****s hanging out of their arms.

#36 doflamingo, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    inmyhead likes this.
  17. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Elon Musk is a clever guy

Mandar kumthekar likes this.
  18. Armando Jose

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Do you know that hair is similar to cancer? Only seing the effect of chemotherapy in this issue.

19. Armando Jose

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    MomoGee said:
    Investing in research and development will likely benefit the next generation not us.

100% agree if we are looking for a cure, but better prevention and it benefit all us

20. petersonKj

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thats ridiculous, chemo attacks cells in your body and also DP in your hair root. it's like a nuclear bomb but that doesn't mean the issues themselves are connected at all