Why The f*** Won’t Jeff Bezos Fund A Research For Hairloss

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a conversation long ago, with a man who understands these things very well. He said, even the wealth is irrelevant, it's about the power. I understood Mr. Boesky's words but I could not, then or even now, comprehend such a state of mind. Perhaps it's genetic, like hair loss.

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People like jeff bezos are not after money anymore their main purpous now are acheivements they can put their names on this is why the race to mars, longetivity, artificial intelligence etc... always come up with these people's names. I'm sure that curing baldness can be one of those achievements, i remember once jeff bezos tweeted that he's looking for ideas to pursue i pitched him a tweet about tsuji but it probably never got to him. i'm sure if we echo this on bigger scale we can get his attention.

mowingdown

Reaction score
I mean that guy has a net worth estimated at 125.7B USD and he is bald if he threw like a bilion dollar into a hair loss research we would all be cured within like 3 years.
He has everything facilities, connections and tons of money to get us a cure.
I mean he is bald, he knows how much it sucks and don’t tell me “oh, he doesn’t care because he is rich.”
Everyone cares about their hairloss, it’s always in the back of your head.

And what about Elon Musk? He has 19B dollars he could throw a 100 mil to fund a research, surely it will be profitable!
And Musk actually got a hair transplant and probably on finasteride so why the f*** won’t he help us.
Is it because it’s not as glamorous as colonizing mars?

Also what about Zuckerberg, I mean he is clearly receeded and looks ridiculous with his combed over haircut.
He could do something noble and help cure hairloss.

You see, this is the problem! There is so much stigma about treating or curing hairloss.
This is why guys never talk in real life about how much hairloss is depressing them and play it down and this is why celebrities hide the fact that they got a hair transplant.
Curing hairloss is not cool nor is it considered something significant, when in fac it can destroy your life.
No one wants to be the guy that cures hairloss or actually funding one.
People look down on you if you tell them you’re getting a hair transplant or using meds
And they’ll probably look the same way on someone trying to cure hairloss.
I think there is a lack of awareness about hairloss, people need to know how much it adversely affects someone’s life, how it can drive them into depression.
Normal people think hairloss is something normal you just shave your head and deal with it but it’s not.
There should an alopecia awareness day.
I mean if there is a day for everything, there should be one for hairloss.

Sorry for the rambling, I’m drunk and a little bit high so...

Not sure why, but I find this to be one of the most pathetic posts I've seen on here... Hopefully you're not like this when sober, but if you are, get it together dude. Hair is wonderful and trying to keep it is nothing to be ashamed about, but losing your hair isn't the end of the world - despite what a ton of people on here tell each other. These people have way bigger ambitions than their hair. Yes Musk got a transplant, but do you think it in any way falls in line with his (or Bezos for that matter) goals to be a space faring civilization to divert resources to baldness?

You WILL be ok if you lose it all. If you aren't ok when/if that point does come, you had way bigger issues to begin with.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why not stop complaining what someone else should do with their money and become the next Jeff Bezos and do it yourself?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty of reasons.. but any rich baldie who decided to throw serious money at hairloss research would quickly become the biggest laughing stock.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was a billionaire with balding insecurities I'd pay for personal stylists and undetectable hair systems. I would prioritize my money on buying epic sh*t like Lamborghinis and paying for vacations around the world.

Curing this sh*t would be removing a huge burden from our shoulders but investing in research for a cure (even with a ridiculous amount of cash) would still probably take over a decade. Look at the huge amounts that are invested in to cancer research, since I was a kid "a potential" cure was always found and was always 5-10 years away. Point being that research and medicine need a lot of time to develop and if I was a billionaire I wouldn't want to be waiting on a cure until I'm in my mid 30s or 40s to start enjoying life.

Our only hope is the existing research, like Tsuji, Follica, Replicel, etc. Investing in research and development will likely benefit the next generation not us.

resu

Reaction score
I would expect Elon Musk to care, even after getting an hair transplant he's still thinning I don't think there's anything out there that would benefit from their investment.

vKebt5v.jpg

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They don't care about balding for the same reason your parents and grandparents don't care. Bezos was clearly balding in the 90s. In those days, balding was a inconvenience and a common sign of ageing. Today, due to a variety of factors, balding causes extreme, possibly life ending, depression. Wait for more from this generation to become billionaires, then we'll see a cure.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obsessive people never succeed in life. He definitely feels bad being bald but not obsessive about his hair .but writing him an email to fund hairloss research would be great.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 years? I dont think you have a clue how research and clinical trials work. I dont even wanna know how much money u would need to spent alone on bribing fda scum to get a single med on the market within three years.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elon musk is going to build the reasearch facilities hidden in Mars, its just too shameful to get caught trying to cure balding so the 3 billionnaires decided to cure balding on Mars, no researcher or personnel involved will ever return or communicate with earth about this until they come out with Maluma's hairstyle and martian b****s hanging out of their arms.

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is incredibly insulting and stupid. in reality the funding that goes into hair loss is tiny and so is the number of researchers dedicated in this field. less than 50 researchers world wide are working in hair loss research, more than 10k in cancer. funding for cancer research is thousands of times higher than hair loss research. if they got the funding other areas get for 2-3 years they would find a cure absolutely no question about that. but thats not the case, the publics interest lies in fighting serious disease and thats good. sucks for us but it's definitely not due to incompetence. you think tsuji would work on hair loss right now if it wasn't the overall path to organ and tissue generation? f*** no. we are just lucky that they decided to start with the hair because it's simply and less invasive, he surely didn't do it because hair itself is so exciting

Do you know that hair is similar to cancer? Only seing the effect of chemotherapy in this issue.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
MomoGee said:
Investing in research and development will likely benefit the next generation not us.

100% agree if we are looking for a cure, but better prevention and it benefit all us

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the rambling, I’m drunk and a little bit high so...

Best drunk post I've read lately. Honestly I have thought about this too. Jeff Bezos probably doesn't give a damn about baldness, but Elon could do something since it's obvious that he suffered it too, otherwise he wouldn't have had a transplant. Simple.

Not only that but he would be ridiculed for eternity. If any of these men ever did fund research, you will never know about it. It would be through an investment fund. No one wants that press.

Plenty of reasons.. but any rich baldie who decided to throw serious money at hairloss research would quickly become the biggest laughing stock.

Why would they be a laughing stock? I don't see many people laughing at that, maybe just some immature assholes at first but not much more than that, yet I doubt that it will affect them too much. And I don't see that as the main and fundamental reason why they don't do anything.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the lottery was around a billion awhile it would have been great to put that towards a cure. Elon musk is on Twitter a lot maybe we all need to start throwing tweets at him. He’s done PayPal, solar city, Tesla, spaceX, neurolink, boaring company, and hairloss is next.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Bezos shaved his head and doesn't care. Elon already has enough money and had a transplant