Why Some People Get Really Good Results With Finasterd And Some People Don't?

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
why some people get good results with finasteride or some people just maintain or just slow it down for them and some who don't even respond to it?

Like how it works when it comes to get results with propecia?
Is it related to how sensetive you're to dht or how fast you're losing your hair or when did you start losing your hair?

I started to lose my hair at the age of 17 which means I have aggresive hairloss
Now I'm 19 I've been on propecia for 1 month I'm thinking about to switch to dutasteride

but wondering is there's a chance for finasteride to work for guys who started balding young as a teenagers, and had aggressive fast hairloss, and then tried finasteride and get those crazy results with finasteride alone without minoxidle?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why some people get good results with finasteride or some people just maintain or just slow it down for them and some who don't even respond to it?

Like how it works when it comes to get results with propecia?
Is it related to how sensetive you're to dht or how fast you're losing your hair or when did you start losing your hair?

I started to lose my hair at the age of 17 which means I have aggresive hairloss
Now I'm 19 I've been on propecia for 1 month I'm thinking about to switch to dutasteride

but wondering is there's a chance for finasteride to work for guys who started balding young as a teenagers, and had aggressive fast hairloss, and then tried finasteride and get those crazy results with finasteride alone without minoxidle?

I don't know but my theory is that some people's sensitivity to dht is so strong that even a 60 to 70% reduction of it can't stop the balding process.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, it’s because it’s one of the weakest hair loss medications. It inhibits 5AR whilst dihydrotestosterone isn’t the only hormone to contribute to hair loss. It doesn’t lead to a significant enough rise in E in particular individuals; those who don’t have a sensitivity to the slight rise in E most likely won’t experience regrowth.

If you have started losing your hair at seventeen, chances are that finasteride/dutasteride alone will not work for you.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would imagine its due to the fact the 60% reduction for some people isn't enough to allow the hairfollicle to recuperate. You have to also remember that there are potentially 100's of growth pathways in the skin that contribute to the function of the skin/follicles so if they cant regenerate the health of the follicle greater than the rate that the remaining androgens are destroying it then you wont get benefits.

Freshie1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys kinda off topic but would switching from topical finasteride to oral finasteride cause shedding to start again?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The answer is we simply do not know yet, it is all conjecture until we have a basic understanding of ΑGΑ's pathogenesis. We haven't even conclusively identified the genetic markers for this disorder yet.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The answer is we simply do not know yet, it is all conjecture until we have a basic understanding of ΑGΑ's pathogenesis. We haven't even conclusively identified the genetic markers for this disorder yet.

You would think that with finasteride being used as a hair loss treatment for over twenty years and as a prostate treatment even longer more would be known.

VictorD

Reaction score
Not enough information (who are the subjects involved? amount of hair loss? dosages? diet?) to give reliable answer.

Yakaaka

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, it’s because it’s one of the weakest hair loss medications. It inhibits 5AR whilst dihydrotestosterone isn’t the only hormone to contribute to hair loss. It doesn’t lead to a significant enough rise in E in particular individuals; those who don’t have a sensitivity to the slight rise in E most likely won’t experience regrowth.

If you have started losing your hair at seventeen, chances are that finasteride/dutasteride alone will not work for you.
What should we do then

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What should we do then

It depends on your desperation. Most men would continue to try topicals, and attempt to maintain what they have until a better option comes in the future. Or, they would just shave it off.

If you are like me, then you would try anything to solve hair loss. I am wanting to try oral minoxidil soon, although I don't know how accessible that is for myself.