Why should a hair system be so embarrassing?

jake1980

Established Member
uk78 see all system/wigs are not the same , i agree there a lot of bad ones out there but theres a lot of good ones. too and thats why you will never no if it is or is not :lol:
 

UK1

Experienced Member
It's definately true that some people have it down to a fine art but I would still advise someone to think long and hard about the implications of being caught out, I would probably have to kill myself.
 

jake1980

Established Member
uk78

if i get found out .i would not give a toss to be honest .and talking about killing your self thats just crazy. uk78 do you have hairloss
 

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
UK78 said:
It's definately true that some people have it down to a fine art but I would still advise someone to think long and hard about the implications of being caught out, I would probably have to kill myself.



Dude you said "long and hard"
huh huh

Sincerely,
Beavis and Butthead
 

UK1

Experienced Member
jake1980 said:
uk78

if i get found out .i would not give a toss to be honest .and talking about killing your self thats just crazy. uk78 do you have hairloss


Killing myself is indeed a little extreme but I'd kill the person that caught me out, no I don't have hairloss I just like bald scene, everyone's so friendly and the drugs are great.
 

roki

Experienced Member
UK78 said:
Killing myself is indeed a little extreme but I'd kill the person that caught me out, no I don't have hairloss I just like bald scene, everyone's so friendly and the drugs are great.
:lol:
care to sniff a crushed proscar?
or how bout a shot of minoxidil straight to the vain?
nobody likes the scene
although there are a few good chaps here :)
 

uncle rico

New Member
I like reading the posts on this Forum in particular, mainly because it helps me to deal with my hairloss but i cant stand the negative comments, particularly from worldofwarcraft.
I have noticed an increase in negative and 'bitchy' comments being made about hair systems and find it a bit sad that certain ppl feel they have to put others down like this, why bother psoting on here at all?
I dont even have wear a system, im just thinking about it but if anything these negative posts make me want to try it even more.
What is the difference between someone wearing a hair sytem to improve their appearance and a woman getting breast implants, both are 'fake'.
The answer is nothing, other then one of these things seems to be socially acceptable while the other is seen as a bit of a joke. Its so wrong.
WorldofWarcraft in particular seems to have a problem with 'fakeness' but i bet he wouldnt say no to a fit young lady with big 'fake' boobs.
I think the term im looking for is double standards.
 

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
roki said:
UK78 said:
roki said:
UK78 said:
MichiganBaldy said:
The only place you`ll be ridiculed for it is in the forums.

The only place you wont be ridiculed for it is in front of your face, hence why most of the rug wearers on hair forums think that their plan is going smoothly..
i find the term rug wearers degrading and offensive

Then I'll happily apologise, do you wear one? My main objective was to desuade someone from going down this route as think it could be psychologically damaging to have to live such a big lie on a daily basis, moreso than being bald.
:lol:
dont apologise :lol:
id kill myself before ill put a rug on my head man
i meen come on have some dignity
im against it ,its no good
and im agains P.C as well so there u have it :D


What is P.C?
 

oDD_LotS

Member
MB: PC=Political Correctness

Unless you were making a joke that just went over my somewhat tired (and beautifully haired, thanks to my new iLace) head. :)
 

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Nope no joke, its true I didnt know what P.C meant.
Good thing I do now, thanks man!
 

dietcola

Experienced Member
uncle rico said:
I like reading the posts on this Forum in particular, mainly because it helps me to deal with my hairloss but i cant stand the negative comments, particularly from worldofwarcraft.
I have noticed an increase in negative and 'bitchy' comments being made about hair systems and find it a bit sad that certain ppl feel they have to put others down like this, why bother psoting on here at all?
I dont even have wear a system, im just thinking about it but if anything these negative posts make me want to try it even more.
What is the difference between someone wearing a hair sytem to improve their appearance and a woman getting breast implants, both are 'fake'.
The answer is nothing, other then one of these things seems to be socially acceptable while the other is seen as a bit of a joke. Its so wrong.
WorldofWarcraft in particular seems to have a problem with 'fakeness' but i bet he wouldnt say no to a fit young lady with big 'fake' boobs.
I think the term im looking for is double standards.

i hear ya man. we're all here to improve ourselves, whether we just want to keep a little hair around to feel the breeze or whether we are insecure and desperately seeking help/advice/shoulder to cry on (i suspect most registered users are the later).

MichiganBaldy..is that you in those pictures? is that really a hair system? looks undetectable, that's f*kin awesome man! i'm guessing something like that wouldn't be cheap, how hard to put it on and how long does it stay on for? sorry for all the questions i just never saw a hair system that really looked good especially in up close - flashed pictures like those.
 

oDD_LotS

Member
Oh, okay MB! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't somehow missing something (I know that you can be quite a humerous man when the mood strikes you)!


dietcola: I'm not MichiganBaldy, but I have seen his DVD's so maybe I can help answer some of your questions.

is that you in those pictures?

That's truly our own Michigan Baldy, wearing a piece he applied and most likely cut-in himself.

is that really a hair system?

Indeed! He even produced a short video of himself showing how good it looks and a longer one that shows removing, attaching, cutting and styling tips for pieces.

looks undetectable, that's f*kin awesome man!

According to his videos, it's even undetectable under bright light, dim light, fire light, infrared light, and bathroom lights (just to name a few). :) He's definitely one of the shining stars of DIY wigs.

i'm guessing something like that wouldn't be cheap, how hard to put it on and how long does it stay on for?

You'd be suprised on the price! For a god like MB, I'm sure putting it on isn't all that tough. lol MB uses some of the strongest glue known, but I believe he said he changes it every week to keep it from getting gooey.

sorry for all the questions i just never saw a hair system that really looked good especially in up close - flashed pictures like those.

Modern hairpieces look SHOCKINGLY good, especially on someone who's really figured out the details like MB. If you're even considering a piece I highly recommend MB's videos. They're pretty entertaining and VERY informative.
 

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Easy now, I`m no God thats for sure, lol!

I pay no more than 200 dollars per hairpiece. Someplaces I get them from, for 125 dollars. The one in them pictures was 125 bucks.
I buy two of them at a time and I can get 3 months out of them.
Sometimes I`ll go 4 but thats pushing it.

I get hair from different companies, mainly toplace and coolpiece but I`ve tried hair from several other companies and individuals too.

The all lace types are undetectible for the most part, yes.
All swiss lace and stretched skin tight, you cant see or feel it UNLESS someone really dug their fingers into my scalp.
If the front lace isnt put down correctly, I can see it under low and indirect lighting conditions.

It cannot be seen in any bright lighting, its the dim lighting that will expose the very edge if you are looking and you know what to look for.
I keep it well maintained though, so you`d be hard pressed to see anything if you were looking at mine :)

Now dont get me wrong, they are not 100% undetectible, I mean there IS something up there on your head, so it can be seen or felt if you dont take care of it. And thats something you`d have to get accustomed to.

That particular hairstyle was the most difficult to maintain as far as keeping the front clean.

It isnt for everyone, and thats ok. I expect that alot of people cannot fathom the idea of having hairs glued to their scalp, and I understand yes.

One things for sure, anyone wanting to try it stay away from salons, hair replacement centers, and clubs!
Too expensive, and too high of risk you`ll look like you`re wearing a hairpiece because honestly, them places arent there with you all day checking your hair to make sure its looking good, and they dont want you to know too much about how to do it yourself or they`d lose your business now wouldnt they?

Doing it yourself isnt hard to do.
But like I said its not for everyone.
 

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
I`ve never worn Farrell. My understanding is that they are there to cater to the people who like to be waited on, and who have the money to spend to have it all taken care of for them.

They are extremely expensive.

In reading about Farrell in the forums, and through discussions with their clients and former clients, the hair is no better, and often times worse, than the hair you can buy for yourself. And it costs thousands of dollars for one hairpiece.

Thus the ever growing movement of leaving the expensive salons and clubs in favor of doing it yourself, in your own home and on your onw time using household products that are available to anyone.
For a fraction of the cost.
 

uncle rico

New Member
Michigan,

I would be very interested in seeing your video which explains how to clean, maintain and cut in, how do i get hold of it?

Ive seen your shorter vid explaining what hair systems basically are and i was very impressed.

Rico
 
Top