Why Propecia could ruin some peoples hair.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
all else being equal, i was under the impression that the more free T you have, the more DHT your body will create?

while on finasteride, i had increased shedding & accelerated recession in the temples. i think this was due to the jump in T levels / change in certain hormones.

i'm not sure what happened to my dht levels while on finasteride, i would guess they dropped. because my crown had never been much of a problem and it certainly felt as if new hairs had grown there.

in the end my body did not agree with finasteride, even at reduced dosages. i am sure it would work for many people though.

Pondle

Reaction score
DHT binds to the androgen receptor with about five times greater affinity than T. All other things being equal, a large reduction in DHT and a small increase in T should be beneficial for hair - even if we accept that both can 'damage' hair directly (and the jury's still out). This is certainly borne out by the Propecia/Avodart trials.

GhostInTheShell

Established Member
Reaction score
i have asked this question before with minimal response....

What exactly is diffuse thinning? Is there a picture somewhere i can see of it also?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He was banned for getting a little extreme with his views, shame he couldn't keep his subjects to hairloss otherwise he would of been quite yousfull!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
He was banned for getting a little extreme with his views, shame he couldn't keep his subjects to hairloss otherwise he would of been quite

A guy come here...With new ideas and ways to look at hair loss problems and they banned him for that? WTF..... :gay:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
the dude's name is "Do yourself", its bad enough to get banned. :hump:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I doubt the immune response will ever be figured out. Science is really bad at understanding the immune system. Most drugs targeting the immune system fail miserably and do more harm then good. Playing with things like hormones is easier for us at this stage in the game. I have not met 1 person that can completely explain what dht and testosterone do from how much is produced, to every reaction and cellular pathway it effects and to what degree throughout its entire lifespan in the body it effects everything else. If no one can explain all these things how on earth can anyone say propecia does not make hairloss worse? I mean studies show propecia looks to never make hair loss worse, but again it wasnt tested on all age groups and there is more at play then we even understand as is usual in complex organisms. Basically my opinion is its very possible propecia could make hairloss worse maybe someone that is hyper sensitive to all androgens even testosterone. Its stupid to say something we dont understand cant possibly cause something to happen

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
the dude's name is "Do yourself", its bad enough to get banned. :hump:

Haha, you're right about the name! Please take no notice of my lovely "brentx"..

He was going on about Jews or something.. The Mods response to all those who he offended was something like, "don't worry, he's gone now", like they were just saved from a crazed lunatic weilding a chainsaw.. We're all a bit sensitive these days aren't we?

Ahem.. I'm going to bed..