why pepole consider fue as last resort?

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
i've seen great results on the web, pepole filled the tempels area with 800 grafts

why pepole not go to fue first instead the big three routine

after transplant you can maintain the hair with low dose finasteride and forget about hair loss in most cases

fue looks much better then the old strip techniuqe
and for 2 euro for a graft is seems well worth it

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Because of the fear of running out of donor hair and looking like a freak. The big 3 don't work equally well for everyone and some people get side effects and have to quit.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score

FUE isn't "better" than strip. Both have advantages and disadvantages and choosing one depends on a person's situation.

Because it's a huge up-front expense. Because it's surgery.

after transplant you can maintain the hair with low dose finasteride and forget about hair loss in most cases

There's no guarentee finasteride or minoxodil will work for a person until they try it. Getting a hair transplant and expecting drugs to maintain for you is a terrible long-term plan. If the drugs don't work and your hair transplant didn't take that into account, you could end up looking unnatural.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
avi21 said:
i've seen great results on the web, pepole filled the tempels area with 800 grafts

and for 2 euro for a graft is seems well worth it

Have you tried the big 3? Do they work for you? Do you know that even if they work now, they may not in distant future?
Do you realize that if they do not work, and you lose more hair, you will need more hair transplants just to look natural?

If you are aware of all the above things, and are willing to take chances, go ahead. I did.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing images on the web is different than seeing results upfront. I mean i can comb my hair really good, take a picture and not everyone will see a balding problem. However, i can have wind running through my hair and then everyone will see a problem.
The problem with FUE is that every hair that is transplanted does not have successful tendency rate to grow. Most hair die out before being transplanted. On top of that many Doctors charge too much. Dr. Rassman has come up with FUE2 now. I hope that works better.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
khali said:
The problem with FUE is that every hair that is transplanted does not have successful tendency rate to grow. Most hair die out before being transplanted.

Thats news to me. Where did you get this info?
Bad strip doctors will give poor result even with a strip. Check out this thread.
http://drcharusharma.blogspot.com/

Similarly, newbie fue doctors will give poor results with fue. Just because they have been doing strip for years doesnt mean they can do fue equally well.
I think some of your misconceptions are because you are looking at results of previously strip only doctors venturing into fue.
In the right hands, fue is as good, if not better, then strip.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
khali said:
The problem with FUE is that every hair that is transplanted does not have successful tendency rate to grow. Most hair die out before being transplanted.

Bad strip doctors will give poor result even with a strip. Check out this thread.
Refer to Dr Rassman. He is one who pioneered the FUE method.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/04/05/t ... arvesting/

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
khali said:
Devender said:
khali said:

Refer to Dr Rassman. He is one who pioneered the FUE method.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/04/05/t ... arvesting/

With all due respect, Dr. Rassman is hardly one to be considered a leading physician performing fue. He is way behind the technology curve. It may be news to him and you, but other doctors have long been using punches smaller then 1mm diameter. Its good that he has finally decided to follow their footsteps.

Maybe, one day, he will have enough experience to extract facial hair. As of now, I will consider him among the strip doctors that are venturing into fue in a limited way. Such doctors always have a stake at promoting strip over fue. (Conflict of interest :roll: )