Why People Are Using Revivogen The Wrong Way?

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Revivogen probably the most controversial topical in the hairloss market. For good reason. I decided to stop being a cheapo, and went back to it. The quick results as of now ? Well the same as a few years ago...halted my shedding. I literally did nothing for 2 years, just let my hair fall. Now I'm back on Revivogen, I can comb my hair with a boar brush...and have no strands in the brush.

Okay here is why people were using it wrong in my opinion. 1st, they only use it once a day. I think once a day is okay BUT you better be using another topical for the other 12 hours of that day. For example, people probably use Revivogen before bed, then wake up wash it out. Then they spend 16 hours not fighting DHT !!! Imagine that !! Sure you did a great job at night, but you are not helping your scalp for 16 hours. So there is 2 ways you can address this.

Option 1 (most expensive) Use Revivogen 2x a day

Option 2 (to save money) Use Revivogen & another topical daily. 1 at night, 1 at day. Examples, Super Zix, Crinagen, (my Beta+Coconut oil idea), Essential oils, Azelaic Acid, Spironolactone, whatever you like !

You don't need the shampoo, I just use a Keto or Argan oil shampoo. I also use a LLLT laser helmet. Now my only concern is REGROWTH.

I do NOT regrow !! Let me get this clear....I DO NOT REGROW...only halt further progress. I never had luck with re-growth. Most if not all complaints ive seen on my regime is (I don't see any growth). Well neither do I ! I wish I knew how to regrow...my regime only stops further loss.

I have tried minoxodil with no luck on re-growth. My LLLT hasn't really shown me regrowth (atleast that I notice, but I can tell shedding reduces)

Does anybody know if derma-rolling will give me some regrowth ?? I'm desperate to get the hair I lost in last 2 years back. Any advice or anecdotal evidence will be appreciated. I'm curious about Derma-rolling, I have even read stuff about "vampire face lift PRP treatment" to the scalp.

My theory is, if I did PRP to my scalp...would that bring my hairs that died 2 years ago, back to life, then my current regime keep them alive ?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would just say revivogen is pretty expensive IMO and you get 3 small bottles. If you have lots of hair left its just a big mess and waste trying to apply that everywhere on your head. Its not even worth the hassle if best case it only gets maintance. Propecia is way easier and its cheaper too. I guess if propecia didnt work maybe this is worth a try, but id probably go RU before this.
The main issue is revivogen still has no human studies showing it works. They talked about that for years and never did it. There is some theory that essential fatty acids should work but do they really? Who knows.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
imo, revivogen and PRP are just gimmicky garbage. I am sorry, but I don't know how you consider revivogen a solid option. The verdict on dermarolling? mixed. I use a dermaroller because in theory it's a good idea.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really feel that is what is keeping your hairline in solid? Do people in your family get receding hairlines (and not just vertex baldness?).

my entire family are diffuse thinners, with the crown and midscalp being the most diffused. nothing is keeping my hair line intact. It looks "ok" but in real life it is becoming more and more diffused by the day. Everything behind an inch of my hair line is just shot. diffused rat's nest.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my entire family are diffuse thinners, with the crown and midscalp being the most diffused. nothing is keeping my hair line intact. It looks "ok" but in real life it is becoming more and more diffused by the day. Everything behind an inch of my hair line is just shot. diffused rat's nest.

I do honestly feel dermarolling helps my hair line for some reason, and you know me, I am skeptical and hate every treatment because nothing works. I

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats OP. Looks like you won the lottery.

BTW you used super zix? What was your experience? And what's the difference between revivogen and zix anyway? (if you look at the ingredients)

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
The difference in Revivogen is it uses Free-Form-Fatty acids, in "free form" that is the kicker. I want to see if Lipogaines fatty acids are also in free-form so I can use a 1-2 punch. As others mentioned revivogen is expensive, but I'm one of those natty dudes lol. Minoxodil seems like a safe drug to me, but I have heard people on this form claim sexual sides on Minoxodil, which I find strange.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way I called Lipogaine and they did say they do use Free-Form-Fatty Acids in their formula, and they still use the A-Acid, they just call it a different name to get around the stupid FDA. On a side note, I haven't seen hardly anything on Fluridil/Eucapil. I'm wondering if that stuff is a scam.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look swole as fck mayn. Gonna give you a few likes for that.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey darkvctry how's it going man?

I'm interested in the all the topicals u have used and your experiences of them

Could you please give me a timeline of all the things you have used over the years and what it has done for your hair?

Cheers man!!

Also do u use finasteride? Cheers

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey darkvctry how's it going man?

I'm interested in the all the topicals u have used and your experiences of them

Could you please give me a timeline of all the things you have used over the years and what it has done for your hair?

Cheers man!!

Also do u use finasteride? Cheers

Not a problem, I started my battle back in 2010, never took finasteride in my whole life. I started with topical spironolactone, but it was very hard to tell if anything worked (I was in the Army and always had shaved head, and I'm diffuse), so I used spironolactone + laser helmet for about 2 years straight, then in 2012 I got a gig as a DoD employee and decided to grow my hair long so I could do "hair count tests", I got a gig in a foreign country and left my laser helm behind. I noticed I was shedding over 100 hairs a day. (yes id literally count each hair in the name of science). So then I decided to try Crinagen and it knocked that number down to about 50, then I dropped Crin and used Revivogen...literally down to 20 or less hairs a day...some days like only 5 or 10. Then I was the happiest man, I even posted pics but 99% of finasteride users on this forum and other forums told me its all fake. So I don't bother with that anymore.

The secret to my success is I used the topicals 2x a day. Now here is the sad part ....I was injured in combat as a DoD employee. This happened around 2014, and I literally stopped ALL treatment (I just didn't care about anything, I let myself go) This is when I was visiting friends at a beach, and I saw a photo posted with me in it....1st time in my life I could see noticeable thinning+hairloss in a photo...that's when it hit me....I quickly started counting hairs again....150+ !!

Long story short this year I began revivogen again, and my hair shed is again less than 30, then I decided to try other things (mostly because revivogen is expensive), so I experimented with oils like coconut oil and rosemary....and my hair count increased again, to the 60+/- range. So then I got back on the Revivogen. Now some days ill shed like 40 hairs on this stuff, others ill shed 20, so what I was wanting to experiment with is maybe try another strong Topical such as Eucapil, and use Eucapil every other day, and revivogen every other day....just to experiment, or maybe do Revivogen(Monday) Eucapil(Tuesday) SuperZix(Weds) Revivogen(Thursday) Eucapil(Friday) (SuperZix(Saturday).....you get the idea. Keep in mind when I talk about that...I ALWAYS use something else, so example if I said I use Revivogen Monday...that means id follow up with Zix or Crinagen as my 2nd application ( I try to apply 8+ hours apart so I have a decent 24 hr coverage). I have never tried Zix before, but I have read many positive results on Zix and I plan to try.

Many people including my Prp/Acell Doctor have asked me "why not just try finasteride", and I'm just one of those guys that likes the topical route. My body is hard as a rock, I'm fit, I'm happy, and you know what ? If my battle of hair loss has ended and I have failed....then oh well. I will either get an FUE hair transplant and support a high-an-tight, OR just shave the damn thing and keep staying healthy. As of now, my only regret is allowing a combat injury to stop me from treating myself for 2 years.....however the GOOD NEWS is I'm about to undergo an Acell+PRP treatment, and if the science is true, all those hairs that are miniaturized over that 2 year period "should" regrow since its not in this rumored "36 month window of dormant" so we shall see.

Also I did experiment with 4 bottles of Lipogaine, and I called Lipogaine it does indeed use Free Form Fatty acids (same as Revivogen) I just don't know exactly how much they use. I also have used 3 big tubes of "SkinoRen" on my hairline which is pretty much 20% Azaleic Acids.

*UPDATE* These past 2 months I have been experimenting with Bayberry extract ! So far it seems promising, however Bayberry has many ways of being made, some talk about using actual Bayberry and brewing with a coffee filter, but I have only tried using the Bayberry liquid extract. I learned the trick off a bodybuilding forum and "OverMachoGrande" discussed it. Bayberry is yucky and stains haha, so what I do is put Bayberry all into my scalp before I go running or working out, then after the workout I'm taking a shower anyhow...so after 2 hours I figure the stuff is well absorbed and hits the DHT pretty hard in the scalp. I also shower with DHT blocking shampoo (does the stuff actually work or not...who knows, sometimes ill use Keto shampoo...but ive heard not to use Keto shampoo too much because you'll build a tolerance to it)

Last edited:

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
You look swole as fck mayn. Gonna give you a few likes for that.
Thanks bro, infact I got my info about topical spironolactone and topical bayberry from fellow bodybuilders going on cycles. I stayed the natty route, but if I was to start going on some test, that's the only time id get on finasteride or dutasteride, or even some RU58841.

rcom440

Reaction score
Welcome back DarkVctry!
I'm sorry to hear you got injured in combat. I hope everything is going well for you now.
Just hang tight soon we may have Dr. Giovanni Brotzu available which i believe may be best topical to combat hairloss.
I think it will hit market next year, hopefully early next year.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Not a problem, I started my battle back in 2010, never took finasteride in my whole life. I started with topical spironolactone, but it was very hard to tell if anything worked (I was in the Army and always had shaved head, and I'm diffuse), so I used spironolactone + laser helmet for about 2 years straight, then in 2012 I got a gig as a DoD employee and decided to grow my hair long so I could do "hair count tests", I got a gig in a foreign country and left my laser helm behind. I noticed I was shedding over 100 hairs a day. (yes id literally count each hair in the name of science). So then I decided to try Crinagen and it knocked that number down to about 50, then I dropped Crin and used Revivogen...literally down to 20 or less hairs a day...some days like only 5 or 10. Then I was the happiest man, I even posted pics but 99% of finasteride users on this forum and other forums told me its all fake. So I don't bother with that anymore.

The secret to my success is I used the topicals 2x a day. Now here is the sad part ....I was injured in combat as a DoD employee. This happened around 2014, and I literally stopped ALL treatment (I just didn't care about anything, I let myself go) This is when I was visiting friends at a beach, and I saw a photo posted with me in it....1st time in my life I could see noticeable thinning+hairloss in a photo...that's when it hit me....I quickly started counting hairs again....150+ !!

Long story short this year I began revivogen again, and my hair shed is again less than 30, then I decided to try other things (mostly because revivogen is expensive), so I experimented with oils like coconut oil and rosemary....and my hair count increased again, to the 60+/- range. So then I got back on the Revivogen. Now some days ill shed like 40 hairs on this stuff, others ill shed 20, so what I was wanting to experiment with is maybe try another strong Topical such as Eucapil, and use Eucapil every other day, and revivogen every other day....just to experiment, or maybe do Revivogen(Monday) Eucapil(Tuesday) SuperZix(Weds) Revivogen(Thursday) Eucapil(Friday) (SuperZix(Saturday).....you get the idea. Keep in mind when I talk about that...I ALWAYS use something else, so example if I said I use Revivogen Monday...that means id follow up with Zix or Crinagen as my 2nd application ( I try to apply 8+ hours apart so I have a decent 24 hr coverage). I have never tried Zix before, but I have read many positive results on Zix and I plan to try.

Many people including my Prp/Acell Doctor have asked me "why not just try finasteride", and I'm just one of those guys that likes the topical route. My body is hard as a rock, I'm fit, I'm happy, and you know what ? If my battle of hair loss has ended and I have failed....then oh well. I will either get an FUE hair transplant and support a high-an-tight, OR just shave the damn thing and keep staying healthy. As of now, my only regret is allowing a combat injury to stop me from treating myself for 2 years.....however the GOOD NEWS is I'm about to undergo an Acell+PRP treatment, and if the science is true, all those hairs that are miniaturized over that 2 year period "should" regrow since its not in this rumored "36 month window of dormant" so we shall see.

Also I did experiment with 4 bottles of Lipogaine, and I called Lipogaine it does indeed use Free Form Fatty acids (same as Revivogen) I just don't know exactly how much they use. I also have used 3 big tubes of "SkinoRen" on my hairline which is pretty much 20% Azaleic Acids.

*UPDATE* These past 2 months I have been experimenting with Bayberry extract ! So far it seems promising, however Bayberry has many ways of being made, some talk about using actual Bayberry and brewing with a coffee filter, but I have only tried using the Bayberry liquid extract. I learned the trick off a bodybuilding forum and "OverMachoGrande" discussed it. Bayberry is yucky and stains haha, so what I do is put Bayberry all into my scalp before I go running or working out, then after the workout I'm taking a shower anyhow...so after 2 hours I figure the stuff is well absorbed and hits the DHT pretty hard in the scalp. I also shower with DHT blocking shampoo (does the stuff actually work or not...who knows, sometimes ill use Keto shampoo...but ive heard not to use Keto shampoo too much because you'll build a tolerance to it)

Ok thanks a lot man. I did actually have a quick flick through some of your old posts after I posted here.

It's funny to hear you talk of using all these 'old school topicals'. Like you mentioned in the fluridil thread, topicals like these were all the talk back in 2004 to 2008 ish. I don't hear about them anymore now. I wondered if it was because they really were all just fads and people gave up. Or maybe all those posters back then just kinda grew up and got over there hair loss and stopped posting. Maybe they still use them but don't bother going online anymore. I dunno. Though some of these topicals seem to be coming up abit recently. Zix has been mentioned a bit and has good reviews. There's a pretty heated debate about topical spironolactone here atm lol.

You say you might get a hair transplant and do a high n tight. What does this mean?

Cheers

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also mate could you please give me a timeline of what age and Norwood you started and how your hair evolved over the years with what treatments you were using (or not using).

Just so I can get a better idea of how much the treatments (and what type of treatment) helped you and how long for etc.

Thank you very much!!!