Why nothing about osteoscreen, Ru, T-flav, 6-bap and other

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think their estrogen levels are up with all that finasteride in thier bloody stream :moon:

G

So anyway 6-BAP its gonna be the cure baby. It might even help some of you ladies.

Why is there no `wink` emoticon. How am i suppossed to have a wink?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
zimmy said:
So anyway 6-BAP its gonna be the cure baby. It might even help some of you ladies.
I'll place a gentlemans bet with you that 6-BAP won't even be a hot topic of discussion on the boards come 6 months after its release. I bet people try it, a couple say they think they see something happening, but most give it 4 months and say forget it due to lackluster performance. :) Only saying this because that's whats happened with everything so far. Not because I want it to happen that way. Just a hunch tho. :):):)

zimmy said:
Why is there no `wink` emoticon. How am i suppossed to have a wink?
We removed that because someone said it was kinda gay for guys to be winking at eachother. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

HairLossTalk.com

G

I dont think 6-BAP will be the cure, sarcasm on my part there.

I do think it merits interest though because its not a million miles diffirent from what Osteoscreen are developing with PS1. Which is undeniably more powerful, but still very much in the testing stage. So I think Lion are possiblly onto something there. I may add it to my regimen sometime next year I like to let other people be guinea pigs first, you see im not as irresponsible as you think. Insert `gay` wink icon there.

Personally I think T-Flav is a bigger doubt than 6-BAP, seems like a lot of people who used it/ using it are generally noticing a lot of frontal thinning. :freaked:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
How are you able to determine if something is "better" when neither product has been tested? Just curious. Im going to drill this one into the ground until I fully understand the way people who are really into experimental treatments think.... or at least until they change their terminology (ie - calling it a "new treatment" is technically wrong, being able to say it "works" is impossible, being able to say one is "better" than the other is also impossible, without data.) It may sound like im being a*** but ... once you've been in this scene long enough you realize the *only* thing that differentiates Propecia from well known snake oils like Fabao 101 .... is the clinical data. That is the holy grail.

Another question - as Angela Christiano told me right to my face while sitting in her office at Columbia University last year, there are thousands of products which are "stronger" than finasteride, and minoxidil, and will regrow a complete head of thick hair..... but they'll also kill you if you apply them. Where is the safety profile for these things, and what do you do if you have a hypersensitive reaction to one of them and have a stroke or something?

There are so many reasons why self medicating with experimentals is dangerous and illogical to me, that I am actually really interested in this thread and understanding where you guys are coming from.

HairLossTalk.com

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there are thousands of products which are "stronger" than finasteride, and minoxidil, and will regrow a complete head of thick hair..... but they'll also kill you if you apply them.

Cool! Where can i get these products? It would be pretty funny to watch loads of bald guys suddenly sprout a full head of hair & then die! Hehe :laugh:

bombscience

Reaction score
there are thousands of products which are "stronger" than finasteride, and minoxidil, and will regrow a complete head of thick hair..... but they'll also kill you if you apply them.

Examples?

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
side effect

HairLossTalk.com, will those products' side effect go away after dicontinued use?...... :laugh:

rockstar

Reaction score
I hear what u are saying HairLossTalk.com, I think that 6BAP doesnt belong in the section that you think it does. Lion Corp have done there reserch and have come up with a product that is very intresting. I have good expectionations for it. Also I have seen your pics..u have done very well however ur in a good postion as u have just abt all ur hair its just thinned a bit at front u would be an excellent paitent for the laser comb. If u are using spironolactone and revovigen then respect to u cuz these are 2 of the messy products ever although have good sicence behind them..I just belive though with ur current situation u would do better on 6BAP and Lasercomb combined.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
bombscience said:
Examples?
You'd have to ask Angela. She's worked with many, many, and even if they grew hair, she said the problem was always that it turned out it was not safe enough. Too many side effects.

I think her point was... just because it grows hair, that doesn't mean you should use it without considering the safety issues. Anything applied to the head WILL be systemically absorbed, and only a complete nincompoop would start dumping things on his head without having safety data from a controlled trial to lean on. I agree with her completely.

rockstar said:
I just belive though with ur current situation u would do better on 6BAP and Lasercomb combined.
I wouldn't subject myself or risk my hair to something without more data backing it. Sorry. If I add anything it will be Rogaine or Tricomin because there is data on people's heads to point to and rely on, and complete safety profiles to feel safe about.

HairLossTalk.com

rockstar

Reaction score
good luck to u HairLossTalk.com u seem a very decent level headed guy in a world thats losing its head and hair lol

G

I wouldn't subject myself or risk my hair to something without more data backing it. Sorry. If I add anything it will be Rogaine or Tricomin because there is data on people's heads to point to and rely on, and complete safety profiles to feel safe about.

You know I completely respect your approach to this, I would like to have your patience towards only using proven and trusted treatments.

I guess im more impatient really. I know we all want our hair back yesterday! But im willing to try some more experimental treatments if I feel they may offer some help. I do feel their is some science behind 6-BAP for example but only time will tell if it works. And I am willing to try it out even if its unproven. I dont think hairloss is a fight that will be won by sticking to the tried and tested. Just my philosophy.

Its all good though, we need the proven stuff and need to keep researching anything new that `has` potential. We will all win in the end. :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
zimmy said:
But im willing to try some more experimental treatments if I feel they may offer some help.
And I don't disagree with this at all. You're educated and you know the risks, and you already know the difference between DHT inhibitor and Growth stimulant. For you as an adult, you have the right to make this decision for yourself.

HairLossTalk.com

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
So HairLossTalk.com,

are you saying things like revivogen and spironolactone *will* be systemically absorbed? If spironolactone is systemically absorbed, then you better stop using it ;).