Why not the simplest, healthiest, and more effective solution ?

Peleta

Reaction score
Hello, surely this has already been discussed , but I can't stop thinking about it , and want to know your opinions.

Why in a world full of beauty tricks , we prefer complex and expensive operations, and long and constant treatments (both sometimes dissapointing, and with side effects) , instead of the simple and healthy wig/hairpiece?

I dream of a society more "glam" than the current, where the use of wigs is common, not only in people with male pattern baldness, but also the rest of the people who like to show different hairstyles in a short amount of time. Celebrities have already left this taboo and many use hairpieces with great results.

I'm serious, transplant breast and other thousand of cosmetic intervetions are accepted almost unanimously. Why not a technologically perfected, and relatively cheap wig/hairpiece? (cause remember in my idillyc society, it's cool wear wigs. So the competition between wig manufacturers is bigger, there are more money invested in research to improve the wigs quality)

In short, as a late Argentinian comedian (Fontanarrosa) says: "the only two concerns for men, in life, are women and baldness". Why not eliminate one of the two?

I wonder what you think about this, wig aren't used because it's taboo condemned by the society?, or just they are ugly?

Would you have your wig, if it were accepted?
I do, definitely eliminate 50% of my concerns , in just a purchase.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Peleta

Reaction score
This again? Hair pieces don't work, otherwise this forum wouldn't even exist, and we would all have wigged it up a long time ago.

Sorry, What do you mean when you say that they don't work? they are detectables? that would not be a problem in a "wig accepted society"...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, What do you mean when you say that they don't work? they are detectables? that would not be a problem in a "wig accepted society"...

Yes, if it was readily accepted and there was a bigger population of wig wearers, then many more of us would consider it. For now, there are too many negative societal implications to even consider a hair system, which mimics real hair.

Peleta

Reaction score
Yes, if it was readily accepted and there was a bigger population of wig wearers, then many more of us would consider it. For now, there are too many negative societal implications to even consider a hair system, which mimics real hair.

Yes, but why these negative implications exist only with hair? not with breast, nose, muscles, skin... the society doesn't want us happy lol

I'm 26 now, i see me and my friends, and other people around me worried with hair, and thinking they are not more young, cause baldness
I also think it is more frequent in recent years , only one in 15 guys of +25yo i see, not have any problem of baldness, and when i see old photos of rockstars or football players, everyone has a fu**ing sh**load of hair even with +35yo

Peleta

Reaction score
They don't work. The maintenance, the paranoia, sports, sweat, sex, sun, wind, camping, partying, travelling, the price (thousands of dollars a year), the stigma, etc. etc.

Okey, now make a list of finasteride and minoxidil problems, I start: erectyle disfunction... lol

Don't get me wrong, i use and like finas. But i think i do it cause wig, and hairpiece are not social accepted.

I think the problems you mention exist cause the wigs technology are not very sophisticated, because it is not a business with high demand.
There is a millionaire unexploited business there. If i was a wig manufacturer id pay some famous (balding or not) on Instagram or whatever , so they look wig in some photos, and try to generate the trend

shookwun

Reaction score
You'll be the very first here to actually do it.

One user had taken the plunge on BTT.

He came back a few months later to tell us that he had given up.

Even my father is the last man standing after so many years at his salon.

All the other clients of his supplier gave up after sometime and are now rocking NW6 horseshoe.

I ended up trying a hair piece myself for the last month, and I'm planning on ditching it, and getting SMP done on my FUT scar on April 22. After that buzz my head.

I'm going to make a thread on this within the next day or so.

Sometimes less density is better then the hassle, and maintaining the illusion of having hair.

I didn't believe it myself, but the price of having nice hair versus the constant maintenance, and fixing the glue every other day is rely irritating.

If you live a white collar life, are single, and don't do anything extreme, it can work, but id honestly rather have a thin head of hair then put up with the constant worry, and maintenance of a hair piece.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ended up trying a hair piece myself for the last month, and I'm planning on ditching it, and getting SMP done on my FUT scar on April 22. After that buzz my head.

Sometimes less density is better then the hassle, and maintaining the illusion of having hair.

I didn't believe it myself, but the price of having nice hair versus the constant maintenance, and fixing the glue every other day is rely irritating.

If you live a white collar life, are single, and don't do anything extreme, it can work, but id honestly rather have a thin head of hair then put up with the constant worry, and maintenance of a hair piece.

You can camouflage it somewhat with SMP but your FUT scar will still be visible.

What happened with your hair though, did your hair loss speed up? You are on finasteride, right?

shookwun

Reaction score
My hair is perfectly fine, however I was never satasfied with the hairline because it;s always naturally been thin, even before a transplant. Like I mentioned I never had good hair characteristics, and a crew cut was my only option. Looking back, it was way better.

Sometimes less density is better.

vanity took over, I wanted a thick head of hair.. but after wearing this piece I can't wait to get this **** off. It's almost impossible to wear one when you have lots of hair on your head already, the bond from sweating, followed by hair growth ... breaks it down very quick. 5 days max..... before you need to clean, and re-attach.

it can work for slick baldos....but it's a lot of bs to go through

Id rather just continue getting jacked, and if I ever have to go bald I will. If my features aren't on par I could always get plastic surgery such as a chin implant or ear pinning to make me fit the image better.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow, this sounds incredibly similar to what I am considering. Are you in the U.S.? (if uncomfortable revealing this here, please PM me) and if so, who are you going with for SMP?

shookwun

Reaction score
Canada.

Local clinic.

It's a very minor procedure, i'm not to concerned.....

shookwun

Reaction score
Don't do it. Rele setting yourself up for failure.

From what I have seen you have minimimal hair loss, and like long hair? What happens when the piece doesn't work, and you are required to shave. It will take atleast a year n a half to get your long locks back.

Northwestlace.

Never Ever get anything over light density. it will look wiggish, overly thick, and doesn't look natural.

it's a lot of work, and isn't worth it in my opinion. For someone who's NW5+ ... it's a good option, but still a hassle.

shookwun

Reaction score
Listen man, it's not a good option. To much hair on your head.

NW2-2.5 ... get a transplant if you are on finasteride to maintain if you can handle the sides, if not then it still isn't a good approach.

The glue will break down very quick, constant edges lifting up from hair underneath, and sweat.... I'll make a thread on this soon enough.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think someone will invent a permanent hair system before we discover an absolute cure