Why Not Suicide? Balding Since 15, 23 Now, Can't Deal With It

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a large area of balding for my age and..
According to this forum, studies, and doctors:
1) Meds don't work well enough to produce a significant difference for most people, if at all. And they also may give you horrific side effects at any point in the future, and could continue after stopping them, and they may also make your hair worse. You gotta be one of those few lucky responders huh?
2) I have an unstable donor area, with a large area of balding, thus I've been told by doctors that I'm not a candidate for transplants.
3) According to FredTheBelgian and others: Apparently hair systems don't work, aren't practical, aren't a real solution, just create more problems.

Looking in the mirror, I'm not sure if finasteride + min could regrow much without still leaving me look like I'm balding.

So, why not suicide?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't kill yourself. Give treatments a try people have had fantastic results with the Big 3.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen, Replicel, Riken/Tsuji, a hair transplant/scalp micro pigmentation combo, actually trying medications before deciding they aren't for you. These are worth trying/holding on for a while longer...If the treatments don't work and the new technologies are a bust then you can consider suicide if life is hopeless, or become a Buddhist monk. Hair systems are real options, but the fear of being busted and maintenance is high. They can make you look good though

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If hair systems were as bad as Fred said than why do virtually almost all male celebrities wear them?

They are completely undetectable. They just require maintenance.

They are a solution.

You have options man. It doesn't make you any less of a man.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who gives a flying f*** if your "busted" or "found out" you are endorsing suicide over trying to make yourself look better with a viable option?

Give your f*****g head a shake. Yeah i'm pissed as f*** about my hairloss but ending your life because of the lack of follicles on your head? There is more to life than hair.

You'd be f*****g surprised as to how many men in this world wear systems.

And you don't know because they are undetectable. I know of at least 4 guys who wear. They look great and no one knows.

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't kill yourself. Give treatments a try people have had fantastic results with the Big 3.

I'm giving finasteride a try. Too scared to go on minoxidil at the moment since I've read far too many stories of people of people shedding hair that didn't come back.

Histogen, Replicel, Riken/Tsuji, a hair transplant/scalp micro pigmentation combo, actually trying medications before deciding they aren't for you. These are worth trying/holding on for a while longer...If the treatments don't work and the new technologies are a bust then you can consider suicide if life is hopeless, or become a Buddhist monk. Hair systems are real options, but the fear of being busted and maintenance is high. They can make you look good though

If finasteride and/or minoxidil don't do much, that other stuff would probably do less. Like I said, my donor area is unstable, and my balding is diffuse so transplanting into thinning hair creates a risk of losing the native hairs on their last growth cycle from shock loss, and the balding area is almost NW6. So spending thousands on surgery, waiting a year for regrowth, then possibly looking worse or still balding doesn't sound like something I can put myself through.

Who gives a flying f*** if your "busted" or "found out" you are endorsing suicide over trying to make yourself look better with a viable option?

Give your f*****g head a shake. Yeah i'm pissed as f*** about my hairloss but ending your life because of the lack of follicles on your head? There is more to life than hair.

You'd be f*****g surprised as to how many men in this world wear systems.

And you don't know because they are undetectable. I know of at least 4 guys who wear. They look great and no one knows.

Virtually all male celebrities have their own full heads of hair. Travolta, Affleck, and Enrique Iglesias are the only ones I know that wear. But they are rich and/or married.

Their is more to life than hair, but lets be honest, the effects of losing it are far reaching, especially in this socety. It effects your whole appearance, social life, and mentality.

You know 4 guys that wear, how do you know if they're undetectable?

I know you think I sound crazy, and after re-reading my post it makes me feel sick. But I don't know anyone my age with hair loss so I just feel devastated, defeated, and powerless.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm giving finasteride a try. Too scared to go on minoxidil at the moment since I've read far too many stories of people of people shedding hair that didn't come back.

If finasteride and/or minoxidil don't do much, that other stuff would probably do less. Like I said, my donor area is unstable, and my balding is diffuse so transplanting into thinning hair creates a risk of losing the native hairs on their last growth cycle from shock loss, and the balding area is almost NW6. So spending thousands on surgery, waiting a year for regrowth, then possibly looking worse or still balding doesn't sound like something I can put myself through.

Virtually all male celebrities have their own full heads of hair. Travolta, Affleck, and Enrique Iglesias are the only ones I know that wear. But they are rich and/or married.

Their is more to life than hair, but lets be honest, the effects of losing it are far reaching, especially in this socety. It effects your whole appearance, social life, and mentality.

You know 4 guys that wear, how do you know if they're undetectable?

I know you think I sound crazy, and after re-reading my post it makes me feel sick. But I don't know anyone my age with hair loss so I just feel devastated, defeated, and powerless.

Travolta, Affleck, Enrique, Mike Myers, David Spade, Charlie Sheen, Chuck Norris, Paul Stanley, Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Hugh Laurie, James Franco.

The technology is incredible today. It is real human hair matched to your exact color and density.

It requires maintenance but at least you have your confidence back.

You should check out hairdirect.com

You learn to do it yourself.

Or you locate a hair replacement studio near you.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wore one for a bit. I am considering doing it again.

Why don't you email me and I can send you a picture of how it looked?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Travolta, Affleck, Enrique, Mike Myers, David Spade, Charlie Sheen, Chuck Norris, Paul Stanley, Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Hugh Laurie, James Franco.

The technology is incredible today. It is real human hair matched to your exact color and density.

It requires maintenance but at least you have your confidence back.

You should check out hairdirect.com

You learn to do it yourself.

Or you locate a hair replacement studio near you.

I don't think Franco wears...didn't he just show off a shaved head recently?

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Franco, Sheen and Depp don't seem to be wearing.. I could be mistaken though.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Franco totally wears. His hair is wayyy too dense for that to be natural. But he looks amazing.

His hair used to be real. But I remember he buzzed it and there were pics of clear recession and thinning.

He may have gotten work done but I highly doubt that's his natural hair.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Emmy_sheen.jpg
    Emmy_sheen.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 594
  • charliesheennaturalhair.jpg
    charliesheennaturalhair.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 624

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to derail OPs original point.. I don't know your situation or life, so I don't know your full state of mind, but I went through several extremely tough situations when I was in my early 20's. At age 20 due to several bad decisions made by myself, the acne that I had went full blown cystic and I had to go through a course of accutane to quell it. My face looked so bad.. I didn't even want to go to the doctor to get the prescription. Going to work was torturous. I remember a close friend of mine died during that time and it took every ounce of courage I had to even show up to his funeral to be a pallbearer because my face looked so bad. The accutane cured my acne, but the damage was done as far as scarring. I then have had to live with it as a constant reminder for years now.. I never thought of giving up though. During the past 2 years I've slowly diminished scarring on my face through dermarolling my skin and using olive oil afterwards. I'll never fully get rid of the scars, but my facial skin is very much improved and will continue to improve with more sessions.

Sorry for the acne story, but holy sh*t was that the toughest time of my life and I made it through and I'm glad I did.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look closely. That is totally not his real hair. Way too dense and thick.

Attachments

• James-Franco.jpg
    James-Franco.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3,514

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to derail OPs original point.. I don't know your situation or life, so I don't know your full state of mind, but I went through several extremely tough situations when I was in my early 20's. At age 20 due to several bad decisions made by myself, the acne that I had went full blown cystic and I had to go through a course of accutane to quell it. My face looked so bad.. I didn't even want to go to the doctor to get the prescription. Going to work was torturous. I remember a close friend of mine died during that time and it took every ounce of courage I had to even show up to his funeral to be a pallbearer because my face looked so bad. The accutane cured my acne, but the damage was done as far as scarring. I then have had to live with it as a constant reminder for years now.. I never thought of giving up though. During the past 2 years I've slowly diminished scarring on my face through dermarolling my skin and using olive oil afterwards. I'll never fully get rid of the scars, but my facial skin is very much improved and will continue to improve with more sessions.

Sorry for the acne story, but holy sh*t was that the toughest time of my life and I made it through and I'm glad I did.

But scarring is more treatable than hair loss because skin is always shedding.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scarring on your face is a nightmare.. especially if it is pitted scaring. Just as bad, if not worse than hair loss.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just don't kill yourself.. Figure sh*t out, Oliver. Figure out ways to make yourself happy.. Even if it's only fleeting. Keep figuring it out.

Life can be tough, but many men before you have lived it in even tougher scenarios and flourished. Just sayin'