Why not put finasteride in the MNX bottle? (Study)

Langsverd

Reaction score
Hi!

Studies show toptical finasteride works. Small studies at least:

If you're currently not using finasteride, for whatever reason, such as worry about side effects, well, it would be handy if it'd work to dissolve a tablet of finasteride in the MNX bottle.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've read that it won't absorb properly if you just try to crush Finasteride pills and combine them with a topical solution, but Finasteride/Minoxidil combos are available. Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bauman prescribe it - turns out I can't post links yet I guess but Google "Formula 82F."

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride tablets have a lot of filler in them, so I'm not sure it would work that way. You'd probably have to get finasteride in a powderized from a place like the Kane shop.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is a 5AR inhibitor, you will inhibit 5AR locally ? Ok right bu what about the bloodflow containing already DHT ? Finasterid is not a DHT blocker.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
s-l300.jpg

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's fine, but studies also show topical finasteride has the same rate of sides as oral.
Pegasus, i have a question for you: if you already take oral finasteride, can you put it also in minoxidil?
The sides are gong to be worst?
Is going to be more effective?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With only something like 5% of systemic DHT being inhibited (I believe something similar was found from topical duta, maybe even less) this is really what makes topicals like this promising. If one could compound a solution with a 5AR, an AA, PGE2, minoxidil, and estrogen, it might be the most ideal treatment to avoid sides. However, I'm sure it would be problematic for the scalp to absorb all of those at one time, and likely you would still need to sequence them. But I'm no chemist.

Langsverd

Reaction score
same rate of sides
Really? I'd guess topical would make it possible to go low dose, to just have the right amount for it to work where it should.

Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bauman prescribe it - turns out I can't post links yet I guess but Google "Formula 82F."
Nice!

Finasteride tablets have a lot of filler in them
True!

Finasteride is a 5AR inhibitor, you will inhibit 5AR locally ? Ok right bu what about the bloodflow containing already DHT ? Finasterid is not a DHT blocker.
Okay. Care to elaborate the issue?

LOLZ!

Waiting for hair clowning.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Langsverd The issue ?

Finasteride doesn't block DHT but 5AR. If you take orally 5AR, it will block the conversion of T>DHT in the whole body, so, your blood will have a very lower DHT ( and a VERY VERY lower if you use Dutasteride).

If you use Dutasteride or Finasteride topically, you will lower 5AR locally in the scalp...but....your bloodflow circulating in your body will already be charged with DHT....

I'm not telling finasteride/dutasteride topical is useless but you have to be aware your blood still have DHT.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
@Langsverd The issue ?

Finasteride doesn't block DHT but 5AR. If you take orally 5AR, it will block the conversion of T>DHT in the whole body, so, your blood will have a very lower DHT ( and a VERY VERY lower if you use Dutasteride).

If you use Dutasteride or Finasteride topically, you will lower 5AR locally in the scalp...but....your bloodflow circulating in your body will already be charged with DHT....

I'm not telling finasteride/dutasteride topical is useless but you have to be aware your blood still have DHT.

As far as I know, dht is a paracrine hormone and it is mostly active where it is produced, unlike something like testosterone. Serum dht values are largely irrelevant.

Langsverd

Reaction score
@Langsverd The issue ?

Isn't this a good thing?

You want the DHT in the blood to remain high, and you want to not lose hair. For hair loss, physical evidence trumps theory. So if studies show it stops hair loss, great! If studies also show that DHT doesn't slump and people don't get sides, great!