Why men of far eastern descent lose hair less frequently than caucasians?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it hormonal or is it just genetics?

Does anyone know if they have lower DHT etc.? I believe their facial hair grows slower and thinner as well

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not convinced they do bald less. I think they bald in a diffuse way for the most part, especially at the crown. Only thing I noticed is that it usually happens to them when they’re 30ish rather than in the 20s

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They almost always respond to hair loss meds. Especialy finasteride. When I see some guy with significant finasteride and min regrowth its almost always an asian guy.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Less genetic predisposition + better diets I believe. But I have read articles that suggest things are changing as life becomes more westernized over there.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Less genetic predisposition + better diets I believe. But I have read articles that suggest things are changing as life becomes more westernized over there.

Heard something similar to this somewhere. I could have sworn I heard about a study about more men going bald in China than in previous generations. I think the findings showed that the same amount of men were going bald, they just went bald earlier for some reason. People seem to attribute the sudden change to epigenetics and negative aspects of industrialized societies.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have just Googled that and seems like Native American people have the same mutation too?
Yup.
Also an article states that the gene controls scalp thickness/flatness? No joke lol I don't believe those theories but seems kind of coincidental at least
You mean scalp hair thickness? Yeah, the mutation confers larger (but less dense) hair follicles.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup.

You mean scalp hair thickness? Yeah, the mutation confers larger (but less dense) hair follicles.
One article I read says that this gene was responsible for the thickness of the scalp tissue

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of the Indian and Asian takeaways near me,, the young men in there are balding with greasy, shiny heads. It’s prob all the crap oils they cook with, increasing androgens and sebum

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of the Indian and Asian takeaways near me,, the young men in there are balding with greasy, shiny heads. It’s prob all the crap oils they cook with, increasing androgens and sebum
What type of oils should be used for cooking

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same reasons why they all have black hair while blond, red or light brown is almost exclusive to Caucasians. Genetics.

jazz1

Reaction score
SUN and water?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is mostly genetics, but it could also be partly epigenetics. Their diet and other environmental factors could cause epigenetic alterations, which in turn could alter the balding process. But epigenetic factors would be less significant than genetic factors. As is known, full-blooded Native Americans are essentially immune to male pattern baldness. Once again, it is genetics. They just don't have the genes that can cause male pattern baldness in their gene pool. Or at least, they don't have these genes at high frequencies.