why isn't it working?

Charlie8506

Reaction score
I have been on it for about 7 months now and my hair is still slowly diffusing. It use to be just the front but now its thinning all over. Should I try and get avodart?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I read, at the 6month period hair might appear its thinnest because finestride takes a while to work (plus that shedding thing). Thus you should stick it out at least 1 year.

Pondle

Reaction score
Charlie8506 said:
I have been on it for about 7 months now and my hair is still slowly diffusing. It use to be just the front but now its thinning all over. Should I try and get avodart?

Make sure you have a genuine supply of drugs, not some knock-offs from one of the less well known internet pharmacies. Also, wait until month 12 to judge your progress, treatments take a long time to work. Take photos so you have an objective view of your progress.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, sorry fr using this thread. i read a post stating that propecia's regrowth won't be maintained for more than 5 yrs? are there anyone who experienced a regrowth and had been in maintainance for up to more than 5 yrs? :freaked:

Pondle

Reaction score
k3nn7i said:
hey guys, sorry fr using this thread. i read a post stating that propecia's regrowth won't be maintained for more than 5 yrs? are there anyone who experienced a regrowth and had been in maintainance for up to more than 5 yrs? :freaked:

The GP who prescribed me finasteride claims to have held solid for 12 years on finasteride... I think a member called Guillenator (or something) maintained for 11 years...

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im sure bubka on here has (at least) maintained on finasteride for about 8 years.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
there are a ton of people that maintain after 5 years but they are out living their lives and dont care to come to a hairloss forum when there hair is fine. its only the few nice ones that come chime in once in a while to share their stuff. think about it if your hair has been good for more then 5 years would you really come visit a hairloss forum everyday.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
phish said:
there are a ton of people that maintain after 5 years but they are out living their lives and dont care to come to a hairloss forum when there hair is fine. its only the few nice ones that come chime in once in a while to share their stuff. think about it if your hair has been good for more then 5 years would you really come visit a hairloss forum everyday.

Agreed, many who are successful do not come back, also they may have come to terms with their 'loss.'

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
thx for the reassurance guys! :)