Why Is This Study Ignored In The Hair Loss Community?

inmyhead

Reaction score
It might not be as straighforward and simple as I hope but the current established theory doesn't explain many things. For example, why does hair loss increase with age despite DHT decreasing?
How it wouldn't increase with age if the process is slow? If someone is very sensitiive to androgens, he gets visible hair loss at age 25.. if someone is less sensitiive, he gets hair loss at 35. It explains it clearly. Also, I wonder if body's ability to heal doesn't decrease with age.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
How it wouldn't increase with age if the process is slow? If someone is very sensitiive to androgens, he gets visible hair loss at age 25.. if someone is less sensitiive, he gets hair loss at 35. It explains it clearly. Also, I wonder if body's ability to heal doesn't decrease with age
Local DHT production increases with age.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might not be as straighforward and simple as I hope but the current established theory doesn't explain many things. For example, why does hair loss increase with age despite DHT decreasing?
It actually decreases with age since the less hair you have, the less you lose.

Most of us probably have started to lose at a more or less constant rate since puberty, but back then we used to have original density so it would take some years of hair loss before we started to notice it.

You go from NW1 to NW5-6 during your 20s and 30s, not when you are 50 or 60 years old. Once you get old you already lost most of your non DHT resistant hairs so there is nothing much left to lose.

Last edited:

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sodium Thiosulfate is used topically and have a reasonable molecular weight so perhaps? Seems to be mostly water soluble though which could be a problem for deeper penetration. A hydrogen sulfide donor (positive for stem cell proliferation and renewal), a vasodilator and an antifungal with calcium chelating properties seems like an almost perfect match to treat the calcification theory angle. Surely people must have experimented with it before?
I only found one study on mice. Apparently doctors are sleeping on this.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we rub It or inject it in the scalp?

To quote the sorely overlooked chap above [April 13th, 2018:]

I am not a fan of this theory too much but as we know are fibrosis and calcification are a potential threat for regrowing hair which was lost long time ago (and even hair transplantations), I checked for potent and cheap options. Sadly if you google you end up with weak option like magnesium oil or apple cider vinegar which are not even prooven.

While I am very positive that deep wounding and 99% dmso peelings can break up most of this (ofc take care about dht and pgd2 angle to avoid reoccurence) I stumbled upon the following study:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/art.34628/pdf

Online further:

"However, the better way of absorption is transdermally with DMSO. Dissolve 1 level teaspoon of STS in 2 teaspoons of water and then add 2 teaspoons of DMSO. Rub this onto the skin once or twice a day, especially over areas of calcification. You may also combine oral intake with transdermal applications."

STS is cheap and easy to get. The before/after x-ray is really impressive, so I thought I should share it here.
I havent done it myself and gotta check safety but it looks so far alright.

If someone tried it already or has experience with the substance it would be great if you shared it here.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Apparently only one guy tried It without results, but he did It orally. Seems like there's no real harm, so I don't understand why they didn't test It in humans.

I don't have money right now, but I may try this and post here. I'm close to entering that desperate phase, so I don't mind crazy methods anymore.

Last edited:

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Will Be an Egg in 5 years,​

I've just ordered a small quantity (100g) which should be arriving by Tuesday of next week.

Calcification.png

Last edited:

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to change my signature to, "androgens are the cause of male pattern baldness".
I'm fairly certain most of the people in this thread agree with you, however, the theory they are postulating is that calcification is in the way of regrowth.

If you look at the haircook thread he was suggesting managing your androgens with a dht inhibitor and targeting this to try and regrow.