why is the nba so bald

billybob

Reaction score
well, it is.
look at a team like the lakers, at least 5/10 guys are completely bald, and guys like shaq are fairly young and payton and karl been bald for a minute too.

i did hear that african americans are more subject to male pattern baldness, but I think there may be something more to it than that? does being a good athlete translate into more test, which means more dht?

Maybe some aren't even bald but are so dark i can't tell, i dunno. MJ seemed to have gone from having hair to completely slick in the timeframe of 1 year.

It's just kind of dumb how it seems to more active lifestyle you desire to lead, the balder you will be. I guess it's a trade off though because you will most likely be ripped anyway.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually, black males are less likely to have male pattern baldness. (source: keratin.com)

I think a good number of basketball players shave their head just for the style.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Karl Malone is the only guy on the Lakers that is actually bald, if you remember back a few years he did that comercial for Rogaine. The rest of them just chose to shave it all off for style or some other reason.

Axon

Reaction score
Jordan has a recedded hairline, I've seen him fairly close up.

Most of the guys in the NBA shave their heads - it's a common style and it's not something you can be bothered with. Having it high and tight takes your shower to ready time down to somewhere in the >10 min mark.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Honestly, they are not on steroids, its just the style. They grow their hair out sometimes and you will see, guys like payton, and shaq have a perfect hairline. They shave it because they are professional athletes.

G

ShedMaster said:
Honestly, they are not on steroids, its just the style. They grow their hair out sometimes and you will see, guys like payton, and shaq have a perfect hairline. They shave it because they are professional athletes.

If you look at the muscular development of many NBA players, I think it is a fair statement to suggest anabolic steroids are at work there.

INHO

ShedMaster

Reaction score
No way.. They look very muscular because they lifts weights every single day with personal trainers. They are naturally very lean and if you add muscle to lean people they look really jacked. I've been to a hundred NBA games and with floor seats on occasion. Now football and baseball players on the other hand...

G

ShedMaster said:
No way.. They look very muscular because they lifts weights every single day with personal trainers. They are naturally very lean and if you add muscle to lean people they look really jacked. I've been to a hundred NBA games and with floor seats on occasion. Now football and baseball players on the other hand...

We will disagree on this one.

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
Basketball players are definitely not on steroids. If they were they'd be alot bigger than they are.

G

ShedMaster said:
Brucelee, unrelated to the message, but what do you do for a living?

I trade high line cars, mostly Porsche, Lexus and Corvettes too!

Toys for boys.

G

ShedMaster said:
BruceLee said:
ShedMaster said:
Brucelee, unrelated to the message, but what do you do for a living?

I trade high line cars, mostly Porsche, Lexus and Corvettes too!

Toys for boys.

Are you a dealer or just an entrepenuer (sp?)

Dealer, usually have only 2-4 cars in inventory.

Hand picked based on what I like to drive.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol steroids, that's a good one. The NBA is not MLB were the loopholes are many. These guys get paid to keep their bodies in peak condition, if you saw how often they worked out then you would not think they have to take steroids to get muscular. Most of them work out everyday, if they got weak and flabby they would find their million dollar jobs quickly vanishing.

G

The Gardener said:
Bruce, you are the man. What a great line of work.

Thank you, I have never had so much fun in my life!

Gotta love those Germans, they know how to make a car fly!! :lol:

G

BTW-If the male pattern baldness treatments don't work, I can wear a Porsche hat to hide my bald head!! :D

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
anyhow, bruce is just being the pessimist that he he is by nature

whenever there is someone else exceeding him in status, such as an NBA star, he feels the need to bring them down with his own scandal, such as a bogus male pattern baldness scandal, just to bring that person down on the same leve; as him

LOL

he also watches wrestling, and accuses all of them of being on steroids... he watches baseball, and accuses all the major-home-run-hitters of being on steroids, just because they're well-built... he accuses all the NBA of being on steroids because they all have cut muscles...

Bruce, you're full of it- at your age dude, GET OVER IT- accept that today's YOUTH is running things- accept that you are no longer YOUNG- accept that people my age are capable of being in 100% in shaoe without using steroids...

bruce, you just appear to be a bitter, pessimistic, expired, retired old man who is for some reason STILL worried about his hair and trying to contribute to this forum when infact, the VAST majority of the users here can never, EVER relate to you because you are an old man in our eyes- a really old man, at the age of 50+... you don't have a lot to contribute to us dude, so get over your hairloss, accept it as a normal occurence at your age and leave us alone,old man...we are guys in our mid 20s trying to figure out ways to fix this problem...

you are an old grandfather worrying about how much hair you have lost.. that is pathetic, dude...