Why is my hair soooooo oily?

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
I use nioxin shampoo and have been for over a year... but recently my hair has been really oily

i get outta the shower let it air dry and it still looks oily as hell???

The Gardener

Reaction score
Try a basic, un-medicated, un-moisturizing, un-everything BASIC shampoo such as Infusium 23 or Paul Mitchell 1, etc.

The greasiness might be buildup left from the Nioxin, and cycling in something that doesn't add buildup might keep it in check.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Try a basic, un-medicated, un-moisturizing, un-everything BASIC shampoo such as Infusium 23 or Paul Mitchell 1, etc.

The greasiness might be buildup left from the Nioxin, and cycling in something that doesn't add buildup might keep it in check.

ya, like it almost seems like the conditioner doesn't wash out or something

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
venomman said:
I say dont buy any shampoo unless its from good know beauty salon.

nioxin is sold a beauty salon... there is nothing wrong with it

G

one moment, is your hair Oily?

Or is your SCALP oily?

In my case my SCALP has always been OILY and ITCHY, with lots of dandruff, no matter if I shave my head, I still notice this, and although some say it doesn't accelerate my hairloss, I always felt It has accelerated my hairloss.

I use a herbal topic to solve the problem, and it cleans my scalp and prevent the ITCHY scalp.

G

ahh one more thing, I have noticed lots of people here use Head & Shoulders.

that shampoo is sh*t, I used it a while ago, and it not only did not work, but it also "created" or "generated" more dandruff than ever in my scalp and hair.

Not to name it has irritated my scalp.

That head and shoulders is a complete scam.

Take care.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
one moment, is your hair Oily?

Or is your SCALP oily?

In my case my SCALP has always been OILY and ITCHY, with lots of dandruff, no matter if I shave my head, I still notice this, and although some say it doesn't accelerate my hairloss, I always felt It has accelerated my hairloss.

I use a herbal topic to solve the problem, and it cleans my scalp and prevent the ITCHY scalp.

how do i tell if my scalp is oily ?

G

Scoiland said:
how do i tell if my scalp is oily ?

I put my fingers over my scalp, and notice an oily layer in my fingers. I have an almost shaved head right now.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
my scalp is oil too. can you give me the herbal product that you are using? is this resulting? where can i buy it? thancks