why is everyone here from the uk?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The site is'nt based in the UK its a US site. I would'nt even say that the majority on here were British, but the fact that its an english speaking site could explain why its popular with Brits.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not from the uk, I'm from scandinavia.

slipy

Reaction score
the thing i really like about sweden is that Meshuggah.

im from baltic post soviet state which is why i mentioned being from borderline 3d world country. i learned english from internet and movies.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
ghg said:

Damn ghg, you've got some great jawbone structure.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
ghg said:
norway sweden or finland?

Finland. Btw, what happened to Denmark and Iceland? :p

CaptainForehead said:
Damn ghg, you've got some great jawbone structure.

Yeah it's ok I guess, my jaw is just a tad on the large side for my liking.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not.

:)

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Question for the Europeans and Scandinavians...how is baldness viewed in your country? I've noticed in the Netherlands for example (have a few friends there), that there are so many guys going bald at a young age that it must just seem normal to them (and their women).

I don't think many of these countries have the constant 'hair = good looks' shoved down their throat so much by the media like in America and the UK. Or is that attitude still there but just to a lesser extent?

slipy

Reaction score
im from northern Europe and there's a funny fact im about to mention.
in my country there's a tv melodrama with the main male charachter and love interest of females - a guy with a buzzed Norwood 5 - 6. must be an unseen case in those type of shows.
But i still often see negative comments about his baldness and him being called a ''vulture'' on the internet. so it's still definitely seen as a negative trait except maybe not to the extent as in US.

here's the picture of the guy:

kesteris_deinats.jpg

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
virtuality said:
ghg said:

I thought the Finns don't like being categorised as Scandinavians :whistle: ?

Never heard of that. Where did you get that from?

Well I guess the globalization has brought the ideals of Hollywood and US of A in general so close that baldness is seen as bad everywhere. Maybe the "discrimination" is worse in the US but it definitely happens here, too.

Paulgreer

Reaction score
slipy said:
im from northern Europe and there's a funny fact im about to mention.
in my country there's a tv melodrama with the main male charachter and love interest of females - a guy with a buzzed Norwood 5 - 6. must be an unseen case in those type of shows.
But i still often see negative comments about his baldness and him being called a ''vulture'' on the internet. so it's still definitely seen as a negative trait except maybe not to the extent as in US.

here's the picture of the guy:

kesteris_deinats.jpg

Yeah you definitely wouldn't see a love interest played by someone who looked like that here.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think thats because hes not classically great looking anyway. If they had someone who looked like kelly slater then it would be different.

slipy

Reaction score
classically handsome doesn't include hair less scalp. kelly slater started to look considerably worse after loosing hair. i think maybe that footballer Ljungberg would be a better example. :gay: yes homo

B

Beingbaldsucks

Never sew a romantic comedy with a bald guy as the lover, the bald guy will always be the action hero

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
Never sew a romantic comedy with a bald guy as the lover, the bald guy will always be the action hero
Or the weird friend.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
classically handsome doesn't include hair less scalp. kelly slater started to look considerably worse after loosing hair. i think maybe that footballer Ljungberg would be a better example. :gay: yes homo

He didnt look considerably worse in my opinion, though this is all subjective. I still think kelly slater looks better than any man ive ever personally met. But if you like freddie you go with that, my point is the same, if you had your show and replaced him with someone like freddie ljunberg women wouldnt be grumbing that he was freaky

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
virtuality said:
ghg said:

I thought the Finns don't like being categorised as Scandinavians :whistle: ?

Never heard of that. Where did you get that from?

I was with a Finnish girl for more than 2 years and she didn't like being categorised as a Scandinavian. Besides, the term Scandinavia is traditionally used to describe Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Given the historical and cultural links between Sweden and Finland, Finland has strong ties with the "Scandinavians" and northern Finland is actually in the Scandinavian peninsula. So, I can see why one would refer to Finland as a Scandinavian country.

I believe the more correct term to describe Finland is "Nordic".

On the other hand, you are a Finn and if you say you are Scandinavian, who am I to disagree?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always thought that Finland is a part of Scandinavia. I don't mind being a scandinavian myself, although there are loads of ppl with eastern (russian) heritage here, too. Probably more dark haired ppl than in other Scandinavian countries.