Why hasn’t anyone invented ‘add-on hair’?

G

When I say add-on hair I don’t mean a wig.

I mean some sort of cosmetic product, like toppik, only you’re given a pack of hair to match your colour, with some kind of do it yourself add-on system, so you can somehow add long-ish hair to your head.

Like a mini one-off treatment, that you buy for one occasion where you can fix an hairline with real, to fit your length, hair.

Even adding say, 200 hairs, for a night would make a difference to some.

Surely someone can come up with something like this?

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
where you can fix an hairline with real, to fit your length, hair.

how would you fix an hair, to your length, on head how ?

G

TynanW said:
Gunner said:

Gods knows. Surely someone can some up with some method. Maybe via some very (and I mean very) transparent glue.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
TynanW said:
Gunner said:

very witty

& gunner, do you mean hair extensions. or if you just want longer hair, why don't you just grow it?!?

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, the closest we probably have right now is Kerasome, no?

ABOUT KERASOME
...Kerasome is real human hair, color matched and processed through a patent-pending technique that sterilizes and grinds the hair into a powder. This powder is suspended in a styling lotion containing a light, heat activated adhesive. The solution is applied to the areas of thinning, as one would use hair gel, blown dry, and styled as desired (using styling lotions, pomades, etc)...Kerasome is real hair, so it has all the natural color variations, sheen and textural quality of one’s own hair. It even feels natural and thicker to the touch. The product will be available in eight different colors and can also be used to cover graying hair.

How Kerasome Works
This is a microscopic image of a Kerasome hair adhering to your hair. With one easy application this process is multiplied thousands of times, giving your hair more volume and body.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
Gods knows. Surely someone can some up with some method. Maybe via some very (and I mean very) transparent glue.

I think you may have something quite ingenious here!

You are proposing that we glue hair onto our heads, this is good solid thinking, now all you need is the finacial backing (which I am sure will be forthcoming), a clear long term bussiness plan, then wait until the nurse goes off duty at 11.15 and escape through the window with the loose bars.

G

Red Rose said:
Well, the closest we probably have right now is Kerasome, no?

ABOUT KERASOME
...Kerasome is real human hair, color matched and processed through a patent-pending technique that sterilizes and grinds the hair into a powder. This powder is suspended in a styling lotion containing a light, heat activated adhesive. The solution is applied to the areas of thinning, as one would use hair gel, blown dry, and styled as desired (using styling lotions, pomades, etc)...Kerasome is real hair, so it has all the natural color variations, sheen and textural quality of one’s own hair. It even feels natural and thicker to the touch. The product will be available in eight different colors and can also be used to cover graying hair.

How Kerasome Works
This is a microscopic image of a Kerasome hair adhering to your hair. With one easy application this process is multiplied thousands of times, giving your hair more volume and body.

That is worth a try, but they are weeks away from introducing shipping to the UK.

What I'm talking about is real hair, healthy, where one by one you can add them to your own hairline via some very sneaky thin transparent glue or some other method.

Then once you've added say, 100 hairs, finish up by cutting them to fit your length.

A one off treatment, that lasts maybe no more then a few days.

I can't work out why no one has even tried.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
I can't work out why no one has even tried.

It may have been tried numerous times.

It is very easy to come up with the bare sketch of an idea but sometimes the practicalities can prevent realization.

G

Lopfraze said:
TynanW said:
Gunner said:

very witty

& gunner, do you mean hair extensions. or if you just want longer hair, why don't you just grow it?!?

Because me growing my hair out will result in employers not offering me the job, before I've even applied.

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Why hasn’t anyone invented ‘add-on h

Gunner said:
Lopfraze said:
TynanW said:
Gunner said:

very witty

Because me growing my hair out will result in employers not offering me the job, before I've even applied.

Yup, that's the reason. :roll:

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner, really, try growing your hair.

When it´s in the early stages of growing it´s normal (even for non male pattern baldness people) to show lot of scalp. It even shows contrast with sides and back, becouse of the light.

Don´t get scared and grow it to a certain longitude. You may got impressed. Your hair (for the Nth time you hear it) doesn´t seem very diffuse to me.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What I want to know is why hasn't anyone invented hair harpoons, like a high durability plastic strand attached to a tiny barbed arrow that you can shoot at someone's scalp at high velocity so it implants itself into the skull. Voila - hair for life.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why someone has not invented some kind of 'lazer shoe', that is a shoe with a lazer in it.

VWdude

Reaction score
Invent it...and i'm sure you will be rich!

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cornholio said:
It seems there is already a factory producing the Laser Shoe... Somewhere in Asia. Or, you could make your own laser shoe using easy to find items, and save lots of money.

Damn! you've gotta be quick nowadays with the goods ideas !!

OK

how about some kind of 'electric hat' with some kind of 'special power ray' perhaps using glue to form the 'so called' beam ?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
TynanW said:
how about some kind of 'electric hat' with some kind of 'special power ray' perhaps using glue to form the 'so called' beam ?

Well, you better hurry... Others are already working on this problem...

http://home.comcast.net/~jh.snyder/images/notahat.jpg

They are also working frantically to complete the "bunny with a pancake on its head hat", which might just prove to be distracting enough to make hair loss unnoticable.

http://www.myimgs.com/data/godzillatemp ... ny_hat.jpg

PS> posting this crap is not a waste of time, since it keeps me off the p**rn sites : )

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the perfect solution would be to grow your own hair a bit longer, then cut it and keep the clippings. Then take the clippings and glue them onto very thin strands of netting. Then simply fit the strips of hair-netting into your own scalp and let it intermingle with your hair. It is your hair, weaved amidst the other hair. It will be totally unnoticable, and totally insane.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
I think the perfect solution would be to grow your own hair a bit longer, then cut it and keep the clippings. Then take the clippings and glue them onto very thin strands of netting. Then simply fit the strips of hair-netting into your own scalp and let it intermingle with your hair. It is your hair, weaved amidst the other hair. It will be totally unnoticable, and totally insane.

Umm... thats already been tried on this site : ) The post must be about a month back. No pictures were posted but the self-assesment was quite positive. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 56&start=0