Why has cost of Dr.Reddy's generic Propecia gone UP?

volagsrule

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. So as most know, Dr. Reddy's Labs introduced generic Propecia in February I believe. They had an exclusive right to it for 6 months during which time the generic only cost a little less than regular Propecia. For me it was $69.99 for the generic compared to $92.99 for the name brand.

However after 6 months, as new competitors enter the market the price of the generic should drop to that of a typical generic, meaning at least half the cost of the name brand, if not even cheaper.

However. today, 7 months later, I just got my monthly prescription of Dr. Reddy's, and the price actually went UP to $71.99. I was just curious if my drug store is ripping me off or if others are experiencing the same thing. After over 6 months the generic should be coming DOWN in price not going UP.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing. Just wondering. Thanks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
You know I read dr reddy has exclusive patent on it for 6 months then other companies can start making it. When is the 6 month patent up? I think its already been a while its gotta be pretty close because prices are not going to come down a lot until other companies start competing.
I might try propecia but Im waiting for the prices to come down more its gotta be cheap before I take a life long thing like that. I have plenty of other things to spend money on