Why Hair Is Your Life? Come On Vent It Here

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel hairloss can impact every area of your life from getting partners to jobs to feeling confident , good about yourself and losing hair is a permanent dent in the mental state, a part of your identity gets lost. It's so important for beautiful people like me(what I have been told ), it's like bilgates losing his wealth. Yes that is how I value my face. I know you have to get old, but it's like getting disfigured all
of a sudden and losing out on what could have been a positive mental state for an entire life.people say don't think about it, how it is possible to not think about it. Will you not think about your life if you confront a tiger? similarly, people think about their altered looks, u just can't not think about it. Baldness is and will remain the biggest fear of a man. Rather be dead than bald
Share what you think about your hairloss.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just own it bro, its all about confidence
375818-27c687a622d7c39ec0df89dc5df14b2f.png

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely agree. The older I get though the more I realize living (and I mean starting at like 25 or even younger) just becomes an uphill battle. If you don't do something, you slip off. Maintaining (and not just hair) what you have requires work and money. It's a losing battle but you should see balding as the first sign of this process in men. Not having hair always sucks, but more so when you're young. But if you let yourself be consumed by the depression and lack of self-confidence, you're going to have to fix three things at 30, give at 40, and so on. Soon you're 45, overweight with bitchtits, a stomach that will never give you abs anymore no matter how much you work out and bad skin with little to no muscle. And then you're getting problem with your joints, back, blahblah.

So yes, it totally f*****g sucks. But you got to fight. It's the only way.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure this is the appropriate thread, but I have been communicating with a girl I met on a dating site. We exchanged numbers. She told me she recently went on a date and that she was not attracted to the guy cause he was skinny. I told her to look at my facebook profile so she can see all my pics and I also acknowledged that my hair is thinning...no response since. What the hell b**ch at least respond.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure this is the appropriate thread, but I have been communicating with a girl I met on a dating site. We exchanged numbers. She told me she recently went on a date and that she was not attracted to the guy cause he was skinny. I told her to look at my facebook profile so she can see all my pics and I also acknowledged that my hair is thinning...no response since. What the hell b**ch at least respond.
dude this whole story is just weird

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, if your hair is thinning, everyone can see your hair is thinning. Coming out of the gates with your insecurity isn't what will get you girls. You will be able to open up about your struggle to a girlfriend after a while, she will have issues too anyway that she wants to talk about, so it will come up naturally. But you don't talk about this when you're flirting/texting.

Considering she talked about other dates with you, I'm not sure she is right for you/into you anyway. Sure, you can joke about bad dates you have but shittalking the qualities of another person isn't really cool. If someone likes you a certain way, they will not talk about other romances, they will make it clear, verbally or physically, that they want you. So this is not a good sign.

Still doesn't make her a b**ch. That's a misogynist way to look at this. You need to acknowledge that it is a weird thing to talk about. You haven't even met and she owns you nothing. Sorry, it hurts to hear this, but this is on you.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first few years of fighting hair loss were the worst. The insecurity, constant mirror checking, the picture taking, the obsessive researching...

It's better now, and doesn't really impact my life as much as it did before. Maybe because I'm older and a bit of thinning is not uncommon. Maybe its because the loss didn't progress as fast as it initially appeared. Maybe because hairloss has forced me to be better educated in hair styling techniques and products.

But you never really do get over it. Whenever I take a shower I see the truth, a future that is inevitable. Even if I get a transplant, or if the meds did actually work (they hardly do), you never know for how long it will be before it comes back. They say people get off the forums and move on with life after starting finasteride and live happily ever after. This is nonsense, the people who stopped posting here either subsequently shaved their heads, or appear to have great hair while living silently in fear.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
You showed her an insecurity too early and turned her off.

Just be happy you know the reason so you can learn from it. Better than getting ghosted without doing anything wrong which happens to me and everyone in the online dating scene.

Well, if your hair is thinning, everyone can see your hair is thinning. Coming out of the gates with your insecurity isn't what will get you girls. You will be able to open up about your struggle to a girlfriend after a while, she will have issues too anyway that she wants to talk about, so it will come up naturally. But you don't talk about this when you're flirting/texting.

Considering she talked about other dates with you, I'm not sure she is right for you/into you anyway. Sure, you can joke about bad dates you have but shittalking the qualities of another person isn't really cool. If someone likes you a certain way, they will not talk about other romances, they will make it clear, verbally or physically, that they want you. So this is not a good sign.

Still doesn't make her a b**ch. That's a misogynist way to look at this. You need to acknowledge that it is a weird thing to talk about. You haven't even met and she owns you nothing. Sorry, it hurts to hear this, but this is on you.
I've dated a girl who kept mentioning other dudes while super being into me. But she was also vapid and unstable.