Why don't we bald when were small?

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
we dont know...we dont even know why we bald now we dont know why you bald at 20 i bald at 24 he balds when he is 30 we dont know if we know we dont have to take finstride and have our balls hurt like son of a gun we dont have to apply minoxidil and have a fat face like someone slaped you around. just like we dont know why he is tall why she got big boobs why he work out a little and look like a monester and i kill myself in the gym and look like a tooth pick...its all genetics

and yes there are kids who are bald...

why you ask this question anyway ???

go to the corner face the wall and two hand up and one foot of the ground ok stand still for 15 minutes..

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Many people who are genetically predisposed to Androgenetic Alopecia develop hair much slower than those who are not...

Babies who inherit the baldness gene are going to be balder for much longer than babies who do not inherit the baldness gene.

At least, I've seen this happen in many babies.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Many people who are genetically predisposed to Androgenetic Alopecia develop hair much slower than those who are not...

Babies who inherit the baldness gene are going to be balder for much longer than babies who do not inherit the baldness gene.

Interesting. How many of you were born without hair? I know I was. I now have diffuse thinning all over the top. Maybe people who are born bald are more likely to get diffuse thinning as they get older?

beaner

Reaction score
biff said:
Aplunk1 said:

Interesting. How many of you were born without hair? I know I was. I now have diffuse thinning all over the top. Maybe people who are born bald are more likely to get diffuse thinning as they get older?

I doubt it. That explanation holds no water.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
You know it's a question with no answer....What do you want to hear here?? Why didn't you ask why babies aren't born with pubic hair and only grow it later???
This is the way it is. We don't know much about balding, we aren't even sure it's a ONE gene fault...it's just not that simple.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Aplunk, you have followed people with male pattern baldness from birth to baldness? How else have you "seen" babies with the male pattern baldness growing hair very late in the game?
The baldness gene (like many human genes) is unpredictable and part of a complex system. There are men who begin to bald at very early ages and some who never bald. There are families in which one son is bald at 25 and the other one has a full head of hair at 35.

unluckystat

Reaction score
I was a Norwood 7 when I was born, I had a little hair covering that area but you could definently tell that the hair on the sides was much thicker. My mom is a pediatrician and she told me that when I was born she knew I would be bald as an adult. My mom's brother was also an Norwood 7 when he was born and he began to thin in his early 20's. I don't know if there's any correlation with the head of hair you are born with and the head of hair you die with but it should be looked in to.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I was an NW2 when I was born when I looked at my baby pictures.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
I was an NW2 when I was born when I looked at my baby pictures.

me too, and I had the same crappy hairline, but with more density... :cry: