why does this keep happening?

_undead_

Reaction score
i used rogain 5% for around 4 months and then switched to 10% 2 months ago. after a while, i started shedding again and i figured it must be from the 10% so i stopped using that and took a week of from minoxidil. then i went back on the 5% rogaine around 3 weeks ago and initially the shedding slowed down but for the past week and a half it has increased and is worse than before. visually it is getting worse too. what the fuk is going on?

ive been using finasteride this whole time as well as a keto shampoo.

_undead_

Reaction score
btw almost all the hairs falling out lately have been full length telogen hairs with the bulb attached. not sure if this means anything.

please help me out guys. im getting really worried.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Why did you switch to the 10%? To my knowledge there is no clinical proof that it is more effective than the 5% and 2% solutions and in reality might be doing more harm than good.

More is not always better, especially when it comes to medication. Minoxidil was originally prescribed for high blood pressure and other heart related conditions, so taking a dosage that has not been clinically tested might have implications on things other than your hair.

_undead_

Reaction score
i thought it would be more effective. i didnt really have any side effects from it. i thought maybe it was causing dark circles to appear under my eyes but i started eating more fruit and it went away.

nikemata

Reaction score
The only advice I can give is to consult a doctor regarding this issue. You are just making a treatment shopping and it is recommended to try the only one that is effective to you.

aosummers25

Reaction score
Shedding is normal when ever you started hair treatments it is to give way for new hair especially if you had stopped and started it again but its is always advisable to consult your doctor if you think its not the usual normal shed. Also it is wise to always use only medicines that has proven effective to you.

Green and White

Reaction score
Maybe the 10% is just too much for your hair?
How long did you shed before you switched from finasteride to minoxidil?

I'll just try to be helpful since I haven't been really on hair loss treatment products for long. Maybe see a doctor just to be sure. I just know shedding is normal for a time depending on your product.