why does everybody use nizoral with propecia?

houstonian

Reaction score
I always wonder why everybody use nizoral with propecia. I been taking propecia for 3 months and when I first started nizoral it seem like it increase my shedding but didnt they use neutrogen t-gel with coal tar on the studes ? but anyways i started using that and it actually theres big difference between the two, and my shedding has decrease. It also helps more as far itching in your scalp after you use it and take a shower.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
I like neutrogen t-gel as well it really has more of a control on my itchy scalp than nizoral.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of this:

"It is a little known fact that the FDA trial participants all used a shampoo like Nizoral for the duration of the trial. This was required, as the increased sebum production, inflammation, and irritation caused by the balding process can limit the effectiveness of any treatment. This is why it is STRONGLY recommended that a regimen including Propecia also include Nizoral shampoo used once every 3 days in rotation with your normal shampoo. You will not see optimum results without Nizoral, or a shampoo like it, in your regimen."

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used nizoral combined with finasteride without problem, but i use revita now, works better i think. :D

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't use nizoral anymore I had an allergical reaction to it. (Makes your scalp itch way more than dandruff) so I stopped that now Im using T-Gel and Aveda.

Works wonderfully!