Why does common alopecia usually start on the crown area?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can see in any alopecia forum, one of the first questions people ask is about the density of hair in the area of the whirlpool that is located at the crown. It is undoubtedly one of the areas, next to the hairline, where the first signs of hair loss are noticed.
The question we can ask ourselves is why common alopecia begins in this area. What is the reason that triggers this process. And also what is the position of the different theories on this issue.
Could the androgenetic theory explain it? Are there more androgens in this area? Are there more androgen receptors in this area?
Could the blood supply theory shed light on this question?
Could the galea theory explain it?
Could the vitamin D theory do it?
Could the theory of gravity explain it?
Hardly any of these and other theories could do it, but according to my ideas it is the most logical thing to happen.
My theory is based on the fact that the initial trigger is oil or sebum problems, more specifically when the flow of sebum stops (capillary fat is manufactured and must be eliminated continuously). The elimination of sebum towards the outside is promoted by physical contact between the hair shafts, that is, the contact between different hairs makes the movement of sebum not stop. And what about the crown area? Well, the hairs are each oriented in one direction, spiral type, and physical contact between them decreases. On the front hairline it is a similar process.
In this regard, it could explain the negative effect that is produced on the hair when the hair perm treatment is abused, a treatment widely used by women. Perms make the hair touch each other less, to provide an appearance of quantity, but promote sebum flow problems.

Any comments apreciated

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As you can see in any alopecia forum, one of the first questions people ask is about the density of hair in the area of the whirlpool that is located at the crown. It is undoubtedly one of the areas, next to the hairline, where the first signs of hair loss are noticed.
The question we can ask ourselves is why common alopecia begins in this area. What is the reason that triggers this process. And also what is the position of the different theories on this issue.
Could the androgenetic theory explain it? Are there more androgens in this area? Are there more androgen receptors in this area?
Could the blood supply theory shed light on this question?
Could the galea theory explain it?
Could the vitamin D theory do it?
Could the theory of gravity explain it?
Hardly any of these and other theories could do it, but according to my ideas it is the most logical thing to happen.
My theory is based on the fact that the initial trigger is oil or sebum problems, more specifically when the flow of sebum stops (capillary fat is manufactured and must be eliminated continuously). The elimination of sebum towards the outside is promoted by physical contact between the hair shafts, that is, the contact between different hairs makes the movement of sebum not stop. And what about the crown area? Well, the hairs are each oriented in one direction, spiral type, and physical contact between them decreases. On the front hairline it is a similar process.
In this regard, it could explain the negative effect that is produced on the hair when the hair perm treatment is abused, a treatment widely used by women. Perms make the hair touch each other less, to provide an appearance of quantity, but promote sebum flow problems.

Any comments apreciated
Your dumbass long hair theory and jojoba oil def doesn’t explain sh*t. Stick to football Armando