Why do people on Nizoral not use it more often?

TooYoungForNoHair

Reaction score
My prescription 2% ketoconazole shampoo states to use it daily before bed, letting it sit on the scalp for about 10 minutes before rinsing. However, most routines I see from other users here mention using it a few times a week at most. Why aren't people using it daily?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can dry out the scalp too much for some

xcrusher

Reaction score
yea nizoral dries out your scalp and using shampoo too often will cause your scalp to create more oil to compensate

JonG

Reaction score
I've been using OTC Nizoral exclusively and without any conditioner for years. Shower with nizoral at night and hair wash only with nizoral in the morning. I use a shampoo scalp massage brush after I apply the nizoral. I only leave it on there for a few minutes in the shower and a few seconds during the hair wash in the morning. I apply rogaine foam afterwards. I don't believe in babying your scalp...quite the opposite. If it's going to fall, I'd rather have clean than dirty hair. My routine is not too harsh for my scalp and in fact if I use another shampoo or even nizoral with conditioner, I get bumps from the excess oil. YMMV tho.