why do people freak out about finasteride more than anything?

ihatemylife223

My Regimen
Reaction score
where i live everyone is prescribed all sorts of pills and i feel like everyone is on some SSRI now yet no one ever questions the side effects. they just get it from a doctor swallow it and don't ask questions and i'm pretty sure they're more dangerous and have similar side effects or worse..

yet if you mention finasteride anywhere at anytime you immediately hear "makes your dick fall off" "fucks with your hormones" "you're going to get permanent side effects" "it causes adhd depression anxiety etc etc" even though it has like 99.9% chance of not having side effects. no one does this for any other medication they even advise everyone else to stuff their mouth full with anti depressants which does nothing with worse side effects.

but if you want to save your hair at 20 from being lost permanently then you're an idiot and you're gonna lose your dick and have permanent suicidal thoughts even though it doesn't happen to anyone. i heard from someone in asia that in they're country most people just took finasteride if they noticed hair hair loss not asking questions online and thinking about side effects every 20 minutes.

it's just one thing i've noticed with finasteride everyone just comes out of the woodwork and parrots the same thing everywhere.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SSRI's are sh*t. would never touch them.

the reason finasteride gets a bad rap is mainly due to the fact that it fucks your DHT. our problem is our scalp's sensitivity to it.
even matt dominance on youtube made a video admitting that when he was off the finasteride, he felt way better sexually speaking. now he's wanting to find a lower dose due to that experience lol.

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only important side effect of finasteride is gyno. Weird how everyone talks about losing libido instead of gyno, I would take loss of libido any day over gyno.

ihatemylife223

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only important side effect of finasteride is gyno. Weird how everyone talks about losing libido instead of gyno, I would take loss of libido any day over gyno.
gyno is insanely rare mostly only happens to people who took hormones already or just really unlucky. plus you can stop finasteride if you notice any gyno starting.