Why Do Only Some Of Us Go For Hair Piece, How Come It's Not So Much More Common?

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you stopped wearing it shook? I don't know.. I feel like I'll rahter deal with all of it insteda of walking around bald

shookwun

Reaction score
Unless you are bald or beyond a NW4 it simply isnt a viable option.

Hair is precious and you should do all you can to protect it at all costs.

I wore for 3 months, and dreaded it. After awhile I essentially perfected my wearing a had finally came into appreciation with the look... all though its all smoke, and mirrors. the life style, maitenance, and dealing with the bullshit involved was to much. prepare to wear a hat every where you go or else the sun will oxidize and turn it into a weird color that doesnt match your hair. Not to mention most peoples sides, and back dont match the piece itself which is another issue.

Wear it and decide for yourself, because what everyone types online is an extreme minority of the many people who have tried and decided it wasnt for them. Look through this forum, within the last year a lot of guys tried it, and ended up getting rid of it.

hair pieces are high maintenance.

Rooftop93

My Regimen
Reaction score
because you are essentially living a situational life style that always revolves around the hair piece.

maintenance is a pain in the *** unless you are slick bald before hand.

Hair growth, body chemistry, sweat and oil makes the attachment a pain. Every three days I had to re-glue the frontal attachment. Had a lot of issues with the side, and back coming off in the shower, and while sleeping. Despite the glue, and tape attachments. I had to much hair for it to work, and it grew fast,. The edge would never stay flush, and you can always feel it when you brush it back with your hands. it will clip the lace edge. Even after a day attachment it will still be a little flimsy. Pressing it down works, but if you were to have a women stroke your hair, she will 100% feel something weird. Not to mention the actuall hair behind the graduated front is stiff, and bristtle like. Doesnt feel natural if you go shorter then 3 inches.

Hi, could you tell us where did you buy your pieces ? and which attachment product (brand and model) did you use ? Because perhaps you did not do the right choices . It will enable other people to avoid to do same choice of supplier, product, etc..

shookwun

Reaction score
Avoid,, SIR this is being realistic upon expectations.

hair direct is where I got all my products which are universal among adhesives and hair pieces accessories.

Northwest lace which provides quality wigs.

Like I said, the hair piece was good... it is the life style, and constant maintenance thats the main issue

Rooftop93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let people try this solution before trying to prevent them. Lots of positive experiences. Lots of them succeed to have a quick routine of maintenance

The Wolf of Bald Street

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you are bald or beyond a NW4 it simply isnt a viable option.

Hair is precious and you should do all you can to protect it at all costs.

I wore for 3 months, and dreaded it. After awhile I essentially perfected my wearing a had finally came into appreciation with the look... all though its all smoke, and mirrors. the life style, maitenance, and dealing with the bullshit involved was to much. prepare to wear a hat every where you go or else the sun will oxidize and turn it into a weird color that doesnt match your hair. Not to mention most peoples sides, and back dont match the piece itself which is another issue.

Wear it and decide for yourself, because what everyone types online is an extreme minority of the many people who have tried and decided it wasnt for them. Look through this forum, within the last year a lot of guys tried it, and ended up getting rid of it.

hair pieces are high maintenance.

Maybe completely bic and go for full cap system?

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because you are essentially living a situational life style that always revolves around the hair piece.

maintenance is a pain in the *** unless you are slick bald before hand.

Hair growth, body chemistry, sweat and oil makes the attachment a pain. Every three days I had to re-glue the frontal attachment. Had a lot of issues with the side, and back coming off in the shower, and while sleeping. Despite the glue, and tape attachments. I had to much hair for it to work, and it grew fast,. The edge would never stay flush, and you can always feel it when you brush it back with your hands. it will clip the lace edge. Even after a day attachment it will still be a little flimsy. Pressing it down works, but if you were to have a women stroke your hair, she will 100% feel something weird. Not to mention the actuall hair behind the graduated front is stiff, and bristtle like. Doesnt feel natural if you go shorter then 3 inches.

I rest all my hope on a system but I second that if it's not the last straw, put it in the back burner for now. It's definitely reassuring that there is sth that good I can fall back on tho.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The stigma

Would rather take finasteride and get a transplant if necessary than deal with the anxiety and fear of being exposed

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairpiece is a mental/follicular double f***

If you are in early to moderate stage of baldness, glueing something like that onto your scalp will basically kill your remaining hair in high gear. But the only way for it to work, is to make the transition when you still have hair.

And that's not even considering all the social stigma, the mental tax, and the maintenance.

So basically it requires balls of steel, complete surrendering of your priceless native hair, and a "not giving a f***" attitude. This is how I view it.

Noah

Reaction score
No, using a system shouldn't affect your growing hair. I have a tuft of hair at my forelock which I have been shaving off for 5 years now, because it grows under my hairpiece area. It is still growing as strong as ever (it's a damned nuisance actually). Of course, you have to maintain good scalp hygiene with regular maintenance. If you are going to glue a piece on for 6 weeks at a time then your scalp will be in a bad condition and no doubt that will affect your hair. But there are many reasons to avoid that technique.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I believe some facebook propaganda could benefit this topic. I mean, if we can make systems just a bit easier to maintain, and to attach, we would not even need a cure for hair loss. If it would take you let's say 20 minutes a week to set it up, and there is no stigma, wouldn't that be great?
I remove the system every 4 weeks. I don't think it takes me much more than an hour. As I have a duplicate, I don't have to do the cleaning right away. That as well doesn't take more than an hour I think if all goes right. Probably it's even less, but I'm lazy and always take breaks inbetween the activites and deal with other stuff. Once in that time I may clean and reattach the front only which maybe takes like 0,5 h. Then dealing with small lifts in the hairline once in a week or so is perhaps 5--10 min. Doesn't feel like too much, but I wish it would be a little bit less though.

I should also color the unit or smth as well from time to time, because the color doesn't match very well. I guess that may be quite a time-consuming job which is why I haven't dared to do it yet.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And risk permanent castration?

tenor.gif

I think I'm going to stop responding to these kinds of things. I'm getting tired of explaining why a miniscule risk of ed is better than a 100% assurance of permanent disfigurement.

If permanent Ed was your experience with the drug, then I understand why you'd come on here and want to tell people, but if not, or you haven't even tried it, then please just stop.

Last edited:

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And risk permanent castration?

I was already on SSRIs since I was a child which have a much much MUCH greater chance of causing ED and in some cases permanent ED (25-40 percent) compared to finasteride (2 percent), and I was still fine so I figured I might as well try finasteride and I am still fine on finasteride too. I'll have to be on SSRIs for life because of mental issues so there is always the chance that I will get impotence issues from them later on so might as well save my hair. I generally tolerate medication very well though and have never had a lasting side effect from any of the many pills I have been on throughout my life so I can't speak for everyone. But for me finasteride has been 100 percent worth it.

http://www.migrelief.com/antidepres...ong-term-or-even-permanent-sexual-dysfunction

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18173768

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 60944

I think I'm going to stop responding to these kinds of things. I'm getting tired of explaining why a miniscule risk of ed is better than a 100% assurance of permanent disfigurement.

If permanent Ed was your experience with the drug, then I understand why you'd come on here and want to tell people, but if not, or you haven't even tried it, then please just stop.

How is it a miniscule risk? You are essentially killing DHT in the male body. A sex steroid responsible for all things male. Most guys are embarrassed to talk about it and admit they have sexual side effects.

And most of the side effects happen once you get off the drug. I've heard of way too many men getting burned by this drug in the long run.

Drug is banned in some countries.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well unfortunately it is the only thing that can slow down or stop baldness. Without finasteride, if you have aggressive baldness, you will go bald. I feel sorry for guys who got sides on it. Without it, if you are balding at a young age, you are likely to be a cueball in several years, so your options are either a very conservative hair transplant that will make you look thin and receded instead of bald or a hair system.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it a miniscule risk? You are essentially killing DHT in the male body. A sex steroid responsible for all things male. Most guys are embarrassed to talk about it and admit they have sexual side effects.

And most of the side effects happen once you get off the drug. I've heard of way too many men getting burned by this drug in the long run.

Drug is banned in some countries.

Can only speak from the studies and my personal experience with the drug, hasn't been an issue. Physique and sex drive still great. I am unable to relate to the horror stories

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every drug has horror stories. I am on Prozac and Klonopin and I can tell you that finasteride is as safe as Fort Knox compared to those. Finasteride is a well tolerated and safe medication, compared to the vast majority of other medications out there. Aspirin and cough syrup have the potential to be more dangerous. You can overdose and even die on those. Many drugs also carry the risk of ED or permanent ED in some cases. Thousands of people die every year, D-I-E, from NSAID pain relievers. How many people have died from finasteride usage or OD'd on finasteride?